It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California To Confiscate 300 Farms By Eminent Domain, For Unapproved Water Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is why we have the right to keep and bear arms.
This is why militias exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
This is why we have the right to keep and bear arms.
This is why militias exist.

Um.....Good luck shooting the state for taking your land....See how legal your firearm is then...

Peaceful protest brother! Kill me for my land, not the other way around....Then you are the criminal, don't let them win!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well in Cali the issue is while they tell us not to water our lawns due to the water crisis, the LA City Hall and the Hollyweird Stars don't practice what they preach.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well in Cali the issue is while they tell us not to water our lawns due to the water crisis, the LA City Hall and the Hollyweird Stars don't practice what they preach.

Why would they? Aren't they above the rest of the peons?

Sorry that was 100% sarcasm and probably actually what they think to be quite honest...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

One point not being addressed here is that California is a huge contributor to the grocery shelves in N. America. Yes, Canada is a customer as well for those that don't know.

So what happens? Less production = Higher prices on the shelves. It also means more imported food and people will pay for it. So what's going to be the Problem, Reaction, Solution scenario? GMO is my guess.

GMO will be stuffed down the throats of the Nation even more because it'll be cheaper than importing right?

It's a WIN-WIN-LOSE picture. Govt. Wins, Big Food Wins, Citizens Lose.

Of course I could be entirely wrong but somehow I think I might be close to the truth.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Why is it necessary to seize the land ? , if all they want to do is build a pipe line , after they dig out the trench and lay the pipes and back fill the trench everything would be back to normal and the farm can carry on as a farm .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Your proof?

Are you in CA? We go through this almost every year. We know we're a converted desert. Conservation in CA is a big deal. And a lot of the expensive homes have water recycling.

Of course, not everyone thinks beyond themselves. But, that's not exclusive to any one location.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
your land is never truly yours according to supreme court your land can be taken at any time all the taker has to prove is that its removal could help local economy

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well ..

This is a Job for !

1) The local militia
2) Local Media Stations
3) Anonymous Group !
4) Farm AID Concerts getting the Word Out!
5) celebrities and Important People of this Nation
getting involved
6) Vote Next time ! for the better person,
7) go to town City County meetings,
8) call and unite a Congressman a Senator
9) take it to the Supreme Court !
10) Fight them off like what The Iroquois Mohawks did in OKA Canada
Like what the Bundys did.

Oka Crisis
en.wikipedia.org...

The tensions between native and non-native people in Canada have been high around communities bordering reserves, mainly over competing uses of land. Such tensions contributed to the Oka Crisis. The immediate cause of the crisis was the 1989 announcement by the mayor of Oka, Jean Ouellette, that the remainder of the pines would be cleared to expand the private, members-only golf club course to eighteen holes. In addition, he had approved development of sixty luxury condominiums in a section of the pines. As the Office of Native Claims had rejected the Mohawk claim on the land three years earlier, his office did not consult the Mohawk on the plans. No environmental or historic preservation review was undertaken. Not all the people in Oka approved of the plans, but opponents found the mayor's office unwilling to discuss them.[9] As a protest against a court decision to allow the golf course construction to proceed, some members of the Mohawk community erected a barricade blocking access to the area. Mayor Ouellette demanded compliance with the court order, but the protesters refused. Quebec's Minister of Native Affairs John Ciaccia wrote a letter of support for the natives, stating that "these people have seen their lands disappear without having been consulted or compensated, and that, in my opinion, is unfair and unjust, especially over a golf course."

Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance
www.youtube.com...

I know and understand what going on

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I was going to say this is a job for Oathkeepers.

They have a water shortage in California, really?
How much water do a few million people living there illegally use?
Probably enough to negate the need for any new water pipeline.
About normal for this day and age in America.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
One point not being addressed here is that California is a huge contributor to the grocery shelves in N. America. Yes, Canada is a customer as well for those that don't know.

Indeed. And it is not solely about Calif Delta farmers' eminent domain fight. What is happening here is Calif Delta farmers and their farming water is being threatened (again) with these tunnels.

Officials say the tunnels will stabilize water supplies for cities and farms south of the delta. But it has drawn strong opposition from delta farmers and environmentalists, who contend the tunnels will allow saltwater from San Francisco Bay to degrade the delta’s water quality and damage habitat for endangered salmon and tiny delta smelt.

source

Note that tiny fish, the Delta Smelt, that is the butt of jokes and anger in CA water issues. (Even Rep Boehner joked about it when he visited the Valley.) Farmers in the Delta understand their survival and the smelt are interrelated.

Brett Baker, a pear farmer and fishery biologist from Sutter Island, began the first panel by giving a power point presentation showing the decades-long links between Delta agriculture and fishing. Baker showed photos of his dad and grandfather proudly showing striped bass and salmon they had caught many years ago.

“Stripers and salmon co-existed successfully in the Delta for over 100 years,” emphasized Baker, countering the disinformation campaign by west San Joaquin Valley water contractors that striper "predation" has led to the decline in stripers.

“It broke the heart of my father when I came home from UC Davis and told him I had changed my major from business to fishery biologist.”

"My dad, said ‘So you’re going to be a tree hugger now.'"

“That’s right,” Baker told him, “A pear tree-hugger.”

source

"Tree huggers" and farmers and fishermen team up, using a plan change to try to stop the tunnels.
Environmental groups and farmers team up to slam Delta tunnel plan

CA's current water wars pits farmers from the Delta region and northward against farmers (agribusiness, and also oil industry) in the Central Valley to the south, dragging Los Angeles area into the mess.

While it may seem like eminent domain is being demanded for a common good (Los Angeles, etc.), the Delta farmers see it as a continuing grab of northern state water, which affects them detrimentally. So, these farmers are indeed on the side of that tiny fish. And it's no laughing matter.

Even if the farmers were to plant over the tunnels, the fact that water would be diverted southward affects their water quality.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You know it was about 15 years ago or so I was having a conversation with someone about fresh water shortages in the world...ive always felt that will be the real disaster until we get desal plants going. But they made this plan in one article where they wanted to build a pipeline from the Great Lakes all the way to Nevada and maybe further....and that was their idea...pump water to them....imagine all the land on the way that would have to be taken.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Indeed. And it is not solely about Calif Delta farmers' eminent domain fight. What is happening here is Calif Delta farmers and their farming water is being threatened (again) with these tunnels.

Thank you for saying AGAIN.

Conservation and water fights in CA have been going on as long as I can remember.

CA is not just Hollywood, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and San Francisco.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well there was a thread covering Hollyweird stars wasting water despite the water crisis. I live in LA and people were complaining about how City Hall should not water their lawns too if they can't water their lawns.
edit on 18-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 18-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Oh, ATA, I wish it were so.
I do agree that CA population plays a role. On Nor Cal water's travels to So Cal, it passes through the Central Valley (San Joaquin valley), where population growth has both used more water and taken out prime agriculture land. Valley agribusiness on the west side wanted that west side canal water first, even more so now with the drought. This is before any water is pumped over the mountains to L.A. And that area is now a megalopolis! (When I left decades ago, it was still a metropolis!)

Ok, so, where I live now is on the east edge of the Valley, where we are the first to get Sierra Nevada run off. THAT'S the water we depend on in the Valley, directly for domestic/agriculture use as well as to recharge ground water, so farmers can pump it upward to use. (Trivia... a little over a hundred years ago, one could take a steamboat from Bakersfield to San Francisco!)

Now, those of us living along the east edge, which gets the water FIRST, do not have the mountain run off, because there has been relatively no rain and, hence, no snow, which we depend on to melt and run down. Just in my area alone, over a thousand homes with private wells have gone dry, and that is happening up and down the eastern edge! There just is no water. Period. I have a friend who lives on a local river; there is no water in the river at all this year!

We're all hoping for Godzilla El Nino, but even then it will take a few years for water levels to get back to normal. And if there's not much snow pack (if it's too warm a rain), well, that won't do all that much good anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Grand water schemes. Check this one out:
North American Water and Power Alliance

Growing up in the 1950s-60s, I remember this part being in the news:

Parsons originally proposed using peaceful nuclear explosions to excavate trenches and underground water storage reservoirs for the system.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Being it's tunnels I would think they could farm on top anyway. So they build it then cover it and keep farming

Sounds like a win win to me!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

If these same weather patterns hold there will be mass migrations from California unless like they have always done they choose to steal it from neighboring states. These are very large and complex issues that will ripple throughout the country regardless.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is all about big corporations taking over the last remaining bit of water underneath California. I had heard that they were wanting to put in gauges on peoples water wells. Anyone who refused, was getting fined or kicked off the land. Waters wars have begun. Or are just now being noticed by the general public.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join