It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California To Confiscate 300 Farms By Eminent Domain, For Unapproved Water Project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

From my first post on this page....
"Even if the farmers were to plant over the tunnels, the fact that water would be diverted southward affects their water quality."

What it could do is add salt and perhaps toxic chemicals...

Another example: Diverting the Sacramento River means the San Joaquin River would compose a larger share of the water in the estuary. The San Joaquin is poorer quality water, laden with salt, pesticides and selenium, a naturally occurring mineral that can deform wildlife in excessive concentrations.

Delta could get saltier if tunnels are built

a reply to: Asktheanimals

For sure. And Arizona could follow... 5 reasons to panic about Arizona's water, and 5 reasons not to

....got a spare bedroom to rent?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: jude11

I would tell the to go eff themselves, invite my entire family/friends over and lay down in my yard.....You want my land, kill me....Good luck!

Just pack food and water...and expect to be there a while....These thefts of land must stop! I hate seeing this crap, if people don't want to sell then they need to go a different route to someone who will, not just say we are taking it....

If they want it, they take it.

That's how much ownership claim people actually have.

Jude

This is true. I know out here (Montana) it is hard to get some landowners to let me look for fossils on their property. I have to bring up that if I find anything big it will stay quiet (and most likely still buried). I won't call in paleontologists, or even talk about it. It is well known that if you find a t-rex or something significant on your property and the government finds out about it, it won't be your property for very long. They will come in and use eminent domain and you're done. It doesn't happen often, but when it does people sure do remember it and they're skittish about the possibility. I can't really blame them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this is BS....for the same money the state of California could build 15 desalination plants...put them all along southern California Oceanside ...problem solved. frik'in jerry brown, sucking up to big business like a 2-bit southern California republican politician

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is BS....for the same money the state of California could build 15 desalination plants...put them all along southern California Oceanside ...problem solved. frik'in jerry brown, sucking up to big business like a 2-bit southern California republican politician

Cost of running desalination plants?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So for a piece old piece of dirt, one for which you'll be paid (and one for which you no longer will have taxes on) folks are all about I'll fight & die to protect that? Really? The "but it is mine" takes over all thought processes? Really? For a hunk of dirt which you're being paid to leave? Wow.

Referencing the bum Bundy isn't going to gain any sympathy from me, as I too tend to stock animals (horses) and I use MY land and I don't destroy public land while NOT paying for the destruction of said public land. Free grazers are bums of the highest order.

That said, if my land had value to the gov't and they want to buy me out... gimme a price. I can take that loot and live like a king in some place in Indochino... be the tallest person there, one of the richer ones, most handsome and one of the best athletes there too so I'd make the Olympics!

Derek

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Eminent Domain requires offering above fair market value for the land. In theory you should be able to take the money and use it to buy an equal piece of land or even slightly better (or slightly larger). It doesn't always work out that way though, however it's a very necessary law to have on the books because if it wasn't there just about every public works project would be impossible since there's always someone who doesn't want to sell.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Guys come on don't be retarded, do something useful with your lives instead of safeguarding a bit of land. The state provides you with food, make this life more than just money and work.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

what we learned from the bundy ranch debacle...bring guns...refuse to leave...government goes away....

Look at it this way..if the gov opened fire....it would look awful and risk others attempting counter attacks...if the people open fire it would look awful and be labelled as terrorism.

So just bring guns and sit there, call on the militias...make them have a presentable offer and don't alllow them to bully you.

150 yrs ownership of family land doesn't always have a purchase price.

What then?

Jude

MOST people dont know that UNLESS you have th edeed to the land(the Ones the government holds) you dont actually own it. See they liek to issue a Temporary deed aka just a deed to fool you into paying taxes on it(its temporary to the government because you will be dead or they claim imminent domain nullyfying your deed with heir MASTER DEED.

The master deed is a "land patent" And will ALWAYS trump a deed or title.
Land patents and you

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Do THEY still HAVE guns in legal civilian hands?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Can't you keep it?
What if you dig it up yourself?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: redhorse

Can't you keep it?
What if you dig it up yourself?

As far as I know if I have permission to dig on private land and I find it, technically it is mine. I could be wrong about that though... I seem to remember a documentary that stated that any fossil of bone that isn't just "junk" bone fragments belongs to the government.

If that isn't true, the land owner may be able to challenge any claim I have to the fossils in court if there is just a gentleman's agreement and nothing in writing. However, I don't feel that I have the expertise to dig up a major find. Also, (and this is the big one) if word gets out there is a reasonable chance that the government will roll in, check the area for more fossils and offer a similar "deal" under eminent domain to the land owner to sell their land if they find anything. As far as the U.S. government fossils should be property of The State.

I would probably just bury it again if I found something significant. It's just a mess for everyone.
edit on 18-8-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How do I make them stop?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Gee, been there done that, or rather my parents were...

Worlds Fair 1974--Spokane, Washington.

In the summer of 1970 my parents received notice that all the land around their house, and about six others if I recall correctly just above the Spokane River were being "sold" to the city for use by the Worlds Fair. I don't remember, or even know the amount--less than 2/3rds the value is what my mom told me years later.

It was accept or not, we're taking it anyway...

Barely enough to relocate to the town I live in now...like there was a choice.

Would you like to know what horribly important use the land was put to? Nothing.

I was up there two years ago, some decades later and the lots stand empty. Where six rather nice houses once stood? Nothing. Though my mom's mint patch, for some odd reason, still grows.

Class action law suit was contemplated, but most of the families had moved on. Including mine.

About ten acres of rather prime realestate stands empty. Earning no money for anyone. Pure genius.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
Guys come on don't be retarded, do something useful with your lives instead of safeguarding a bit of land. The state provides you with food, make this life more than just money and work.

Considering they are farmers chances are they provide the state with food, not the other way around. As far as making this life about more than money and work it's more than naive. People need money to live for the most part and work is a source of money.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What the hell? They put a Light Rail Transit ( LRT ) through several neighbourhoods in my city by tunneling under them and plan on doing the same in the downtown core. No relocate necessary. To hell with big business and corporate government whore politicians. There are alternatives ... they just cost the cheap bastards more.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Where I live in Texas a lot of people own land, but not necessarily mineral rights....so they just come frack right from under you. Poison the water table, start earthquakes where there were none before. 'Murica...f*ck yeah! In $$$ we trust.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You might also add this: www.abovetopsecret.com... So You must mean the ranches and farms that their "BOSSES" haven't been able to use the taxpayers $$$ to buy?

Probably try and liquidate the former resident's assets during the farce trials too..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Safeguarding a bit of land?

Really?

That bit of land has been in some of these families for over a century. It's considerably more than a bit of land to these people.

That bit of land has provided a livelihood to those families for quite a long while. What would you suggest they do instead, sponge of the govt. that takes their livelihood away?

Really!?

...and people wonder why the govt. thinks, actually knows, they can get away with just about anything they choose. Just that sort of apathy.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Without water, no farms can exist.

>priorities

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

in today's modern world as the government offers all the necessities that you need to survive, the system as it stands today in the US is skewed. Your rights has become an obligation, but most people do not understand their obligations to the state. Most people are aware of how the system looks like, but do not want to give but take.

“Planning for right-of-way needs, that is the key part of your normal planning process,” said Roger Patterson, assistant general manager for the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, one of the water agencies that would benefit from the twin tunnels. The district serves 17 million people in Southern California as well as large farms and businesses. Brown’s administration said re-engineering water flows of the delta – the largest estuary on the West Coast – is essential to undoing mistakes of past water projects and to supplying water to Southern California.

These 300 just wants more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join