It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing America's Billionaire Welfare Ranchers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah. Big shock. The rich get richer on our dime from every direction and get all the breaks.

Bend over American taxpayers. You will never be in the .01%.

Bundy didn’t earn it by failing to pay his grazing fees. The welfare rancher label applies to all ranchers who hold permits to graze the vast public spaces of the West, both delinquent and not. It includes the Wright brothers; the ranchers in Iron and Beaver counties in Utah complaining that wild horses eat too much; and 21,000 others.

They are all welfare ranchers subsidized by US taxpayers, and you know who are the biggest welfare ranchers of all, grazing livestock on the hundreds of millions of acres of public grass and forest land, all assisted by public subsidies paid for by US taxpayers?

Billionaires that populate Forbes rich lists.

The .01 percenters. They are the nation’s biggest welfare ranchers, according to numerous environmental and policy groups; and it’s time they brought some attention to themselves, and the federal grazing program they’re exploiting to waste as much as $1 billion a year of taxpayer money while causing long-term damage to one of the public’s most treasured assets. [Source]

ETA List from the Article:

David and Charles Koch (Koch Industries)
J.R. Simplot Corp.
Bruce McCaw (McCaw Cellular)
Barrick Gold
Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA)
W. Barron Hilton (Hilton Hotels)
Mary Hewlett-Jaffe (Hewlett-Packard)
James Barta (Sav-Rx.com)
T. Wright Dickinson
Stan Kroenke (Kroenke Group) & Ann Walton Kroenke (Walmart)
Family of Robert Earl Holding (Sinclair Oil and hotels)
Ted Turner
edit on 3/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I thought the evil 1 percenters raised their millions of cattle in little square cages then shot a metal rod in the back of their skull to be able to feed you 99cent cheesburgers? Which evil narrative are we to believe and why do you want our hamburgers to cost so much?
edit on Wed Mar 25 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace huge quote w/ "a reply to" Quote Crash Course

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know, as people become more aware of the world around them.

They will continue unplugging from the psychological programming of entertainment that has captured everyone's consciousness with it's base instinct allure, put in place since Edward Bernays wrote the book Propaganda in 1928.

The diversionary tactics employed by the media to continue this Democrat/Republican paradigm will continue to fail as people stop paying attention to corporate media.

And the quiet unyielding anger that has grown, shall be used as the motivating drive to correct the injustices that have been built up around us.

It is funny that the elite believe they can guide chaos, the very belief that reeks of such hubris and delusional ego, the gods will laugh as they are held accountable for their actions.

In the coming years as the control mechanism known as money, which has destroyed our humanity as well as this beautiful earth is put back in its right place, you would not want to be one of these .01-1%'s

At least from my vantage point!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Agreed friend, the illusion is wearing off in the collective minds of humanity.

The reason they are rich and powerful (control power, and no other kind of power), the 0.01%, is because they tricked general citizens and started putting society consumers in a state of hypnotic trance, consciously.

A true conscious species would not continue this slaving for nothing, just to consume and rape earth while a HANDFUL of humans have uncountable wealth and resources.

The illusion is expiring, and humanity as the great dragon, will awaken.

As you said, on my vantage point, I wouldn't want to be of the 0.01%. They will be facing losses no human has endured before..

The extort of tax payer dollars, funding these pigs, is a very outclassed technique of deception. And so it shall be seen...
edit on 25-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Aye the great dragon!

How perfectly succinct my brother!

It is beyond exciting to have incarnated upon Gaia during this paradigm shift!

While remembering our own divinity and manifesting our unique gifts into the collective we are each playing our role in the return of Christ consciousness!

It is rather poetic, the way the good/evil paradigm works to evolve our individual as well as collective consciousness!

The return of the divine masculine is what we are witnessing, our great mother has called out for it and we are here, grassroots movements across the globe spell the end of the corrupt that have lived so piously over these centuries, perhaps longer!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
You know, as people become more aware of the world around them.

They will continue unplugging from the psychological programming of entertainment that has captured everyone's consciousness with it's base instinct allure, put in place since Edward Bernays wrote the book Propaganda in 1928.

The diversionary tactics employed by the media to continue this Democrat/Republican paradigm will continue to fail as people stop paying attention to corporate media.

And the quiet unyielding anger that has grown, shall be used as the motivating drive to correct the injustices that have been built up around us.

It is funny that the elite believe they can guide chaos, the very belief that reeks of such hubris and delusional ego, the gods will laugh as they are held accountable for their actions.

In the coming years as the control mechanism known as money, which has destroyed our humanity as well as this beautiful earth is put back in its right place, you would not want to be one of these .01-1%'s

At least from my vantage point!

Are you one of those consumers that demands free range meat and eggs? Can't have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Agreed friend, the illusion is wearing off in the collective minds of humanity.

Thus the rise of the "Police State"!

Meanwhile, we are all tuned in to the next upcoming election to put in another puppet.......

Operation Jade Helm

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You know, as people become more aware of the world around them. ... They will continue unplugging from the psychological programming of entertainment that has captured everyone's consciousness with it's base instinct allure, put in place since Edward Bernays wrote the book Propaganda in 1928.

I'd like to think so, but I don't belive it'll ever happen en masse. Most people don't want to see the truth. It's scary, to uncomfortable. I know people who see the truth, acknowledge the truth, but still find comfort in the false construct and prefer to hide there.

Most of us are sheep, and go willingly to the slaughter, happy that we had a few square meters of grass and some water for a few years.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I thought the evil 1 percenters raised their millions of cattle in little square cages then shot a metal rod in the back of their skull to be able to feed you 99cent cheesburgers? Which evil narrative are we to believe and why do you want our hamburgers to cost so much?

Cattle are raised in cages on Dairies or on a Range. Usually Dairy Cattle and Feed Cattle are raised in different ways depending on area. Dairy Cattle for Milking are the ones usually found in little Cages while Feed Cattle for meat are raised on a Range. This isn't a set rule of course and it mostly comes down to the location and land available.

Subsidies come from taxes so Taxpayers are going to pay either way. Either they pay with their taxes which go to these Ranchers or they pay more at the store when they buy the meat or milk.

For someone who is always rushing to defend the Rich and their Tax breaks, why do you always talk so much sh*t about poor people getting assistance to eat??? Corporate Welfare and Agriculture Subsidies use up way more Taxpayer money than Food assistance and it's going to businesses who are already making a profit. You always talk about how much you hate "Wealth ReDistribution" but only when it goes from the "Rich to Poor" but not the "Poor to the Rich".

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Cattle are raised in cages on Dairies or on a Range. Usually Dairy Cattle and Feed Cattle are raised in different ways depending on area. Dairy Cattle for Milking are the ones usually found in little Cages while Feed Cattle for meat are raised on a Range. This isn't a set rule of course and it mostly comes down to the location and land available.

Subsidies come from taxes so Taxpayers are going to pay either way. Either they pay with their taxes which go to these Ranchers or they pay more at the store when they buy the meat or milk.

For someone who is always rushing to defend the Rich and their Tax breaks, why do you always talk so much sh*t about poor people getting assistance to eat??? Corporate Welfare and Agriculture Subsidies use up way more Taxpayer money than Food assistance and it's going to businesses who are already making a profit. You always talk about how much you hate "Wealth ReDistribution" but only when it goes from the "Rich to Poor" but not the "Poor to the Rich".

Every good lil amateur revolutionary knows the cost of food is directly a factor in making their dreams come true. If you want the cost of peoples meat to go through the roof then guess what transparent message you are sending?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Due to the collective destruction of CAFO's upon the environment as well as the horrific practice of torture of those poor animals, I do not eat meat nor eggs.

I see no reason to convert 70% of our arable land to the growth of GMO, corn,soy, and wheat, to fatten animals up to provide nutrient deficient food that simply causes obesity/cardiovascular disease, arthritis, really name any standard american disease.

My diet is irrelevant to my post however as well as this thread!

The hoarding of wealth is what it is, follow the money and you can not miss the corrupt!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

And that is the reality that many will get.

You have the power to change everything, due to your creative powers.

Never accept anything that does not resonate with you.

If you choose to accept what they have handed out that is your free will choice and it is frankly what they seek to condition in to everyone, do not fall for it!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Due to the collective destruction of CAFO's upon the environment as well as the horrific practice of torture of those poor animals, I do not eat meat nor eggs.

I see no reason to convert 70% of our arable land to the growth of GMO, corn,soy, and wheat, to fatten animals up to provide nutrient deficient food that simply causes obesity/cardiovascular disease, arthritis, really name any standard american disease.

My diet is irrelevant to my post however as well as this thread!

The hoarding of wealth is what it is, follow the money and you can not miss the corrupt!

You will never wean people off of bacon and eggs to eat rice cakes and soy mashes, mainly because real food is just too damn good and tasty. The day people are regulated to their one serving of real meat on some government holiday is when we turn into communist China.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Hehe you like that?

I love your wisdom and views/angles on things my brother. For me, you ring bells across these forums

The masculine became unbalanced and hazed in its grand perception of external/internal truth. Has behaved en mass, disgustingly towards the divine fememine and other brothers of humanity..

I do belive divine feminine has had enough abuse and needs to shake the masculine back to its original balance upon universal creations intent.

Balance is nigh my friend, the 0.01% will be getting a grand-divine ass whooping in the form of humanity and truth.

Like a wake up call. And your right what honor and gratitude it is, to serve as a human being in such times of change.

Though global tension and current state are driving me nuts! Patience is a virtue, just ask the universe

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Great thread! S+F

The Subsidized Destruction of the American West

Most ranching and cattle production in the U.S. exist on private lands while public lands contribute less than three percent of U.S. meat production. Only 1.9 percent of the 1.6 million cattle producers in the U.S. are ranching on all western public lands. Hopefully, this corporate abuse of a precious ecosystem and taxpayer dollars will end while the land and wildlife can still recover.

I simply had no idea. Looks like if we all curbed back on beef a little we might be able to hit them where it hurts. Everybody, do yourself a favor and seek out locally grown beef! If it's to expensive, try and cut back a little. Do the cows and the little guy a favor.

Because federal permits are not retired, those no longer used by smaller operations are simply bought up by the larger operations. It is simple economics why corporations use public lands. Federal permittees pay only $1.35 per month to graze a single cow-calf pair on public lands while the average monthly cost of grazing per cow-calf pair on private lands is $11.10. In addition, subsidies for predator and pest control, drought and fire damage, further make the endeavor more profitable. In a one year period alone, welfare ranching cost taxpayers an estimated $72 million loss for Bureau of Land Management's Range Management Program (2001) and more than $52 million for Forest Service Program (2000).

Old data, but just as DISAPOINTING!!! Almost a 100% mark-up to graze off of welfare lands plus the added cost to maintain them.

edit on 25-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You will never wean people off of bacon and eggs to eat rice cakes and soy mashes, mainly because real food is just too damn good and tasty. The day people are regulated to their one serving of real meat on some government holiday is when we turn into communist China.

You know Tinfoil, this kind of logic is a perfect summary of the ignorance that we are facing! Thank you for the chuckle! You may want to attempt educating yourself as to what REAL FOOD is, I put emphasis on this because real food, is nutrient dense food that the body can readily use.

The "real" food you speak of, is nothing but nutrient deficient calories, full of hormones that in no way shape or form equate to anything the body can process as healthy. You may want to research a little further when it comes to nutrition. Your immediate defense of such a destructive system such as CAFO's speaks to your lack of understanding.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I only posted this because it is the kind of thing the real media should be publishing daily so that we can make informed choices and take action. These people not only run the country and its people but also rob it blind, just as those in the MIC do. And yet people still support them and their "candidates," although the words I would use for those they have bought and paid for in Congress would be "henchmen."
edit on 3/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh goody, a know-it-all who thinks the status quo can never change willingly! Well now, this meat-eater is going to double down & encourage more part-time meat-eating just to prove you blind AND to rankle you further

Seriously, if you don't like where the tax money is going, make an effort to not use the product(s) benefiting from the subsidies. In other words, hit 'em in the proverbial crotch & eat less from commercial sources. Also recognize that we need smaller portions than we're conditioned to have to survive on, no one needs the porterhouse bigger than the plate. One the size of your palm once or twice a week gives you plenty of nutrition.
edit on 3/25/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ditto to you good sir!

originally posted by: Elementalist

I do believe divine feminine has had enough abuse and needs to shake the masculine back to its original balance upon universal creations intent.

I believe that to be spot on right there and is the reason for such instability throughout the world.

We are at a point where everything is coming to a head, with that we are going to see some s###.

Truth be told we already have, the wonderful thing about synchronicity is that everything is in divine order, I may not understand the events unfolding however my faith as well as my practice is helping me to remain an observer in the face of injustice while, doing my inner work that is setting me free!

Lol patience! The never ending lesson of the universe!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Oh goody, a know-it-all who thinks the status quo can never change willingly! Well now, this meat-eater is going to double down & encourage more part-time meat-eating just to prove you blind AND to rankle you further

Seriously, if you don't like where the tax money is going, make an effort to not use the product(s) benefiting from the subsidies. In other words, hit 'em in the proverbial crotch & eat less from commercial sources. Also recognize that we need smaller portions that we're conditioned to have to survive on, no one needs the porterhouse bigger than the plate. One the size of your palm once or twice a week gives you plenty of nutrition.

Boom baby!

Well said Nyiah!

Busting out all of that logic like that!

Our agricultural practices are so absurd ATM, it truly is mind-boggling that people have been conditioned to simply accept as something that will never change.

Case and point is HEMP.

What this one plant could do is nothing short of revolutionary. For many systems and the inevitability of its use is something that makes me smile!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join