It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California To Confiscate 300 Farms By Eminent Domain, For Unapproved Water Project

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Source:

(SAN FRANCISCO) State contractors have readied plans to acquire as many as 300 farms in the California delta by eminent domain to make room for a pair of massive, still-unapproved water tunnels proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown, according to documents obtained by opponents of the tunnels.

150 yrs of ownership means nothing. If you think you own your land or house, think again.

“What really shocks is we’re fighting this and we’re hoping to win,” said Richard Elliot, who grows cherries, pears and other crops on delta land farmed by his family since the 1860s. “To find out they’re sitting in a room figuring out this eminent domain makes it sound like they’re going to bully us … and take what they want.”

For those of you who aren't familiar with eminent domain it simply means "I'm making an offer you shouldn't refuse" because if you don't accept the offer, they take it anyway.

Is that really an offer?

Under the plan, landowners would have 30 days to consider and negotiate a one-time state offer, while officials simultaneously prepare to take the land by forced sale if owners declined to sell. “Negotiations to continue in parallel with eminent domain proceedings,” the plan notes.

It reminds me of this incident in Bulgaria. The bank wants to foreclose on a house but the owner finds the loophole in which the bank owns the house and NOT the land. What does he do? The only thing he could do...give the house back of course.

Most important line in the vid: "Don't try this in the US or you'll end up in jail for the rest of your life".

Now, I know that there are going to be many that agree with this land theft by Govt. Mafia by stating it's for the good of the collective. Ok then. You say this because it's not your land that you've had in your family for 150 yrs. "Walk a mile..."

How about taking land for a train?
www.latimes.com...

Or the Keystone Pipeline?
www.newsmax.com...

Power lines?
www.registerstar.com...

I won't explain my position because many already know me and the position I take on it. I'm sure that with all the money and Govt. owned land that if they truly wanted to they could find a way other than this.

Will they? Doubt it.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

So when are they gonna seize the Hollyweird Stars' assets and the LA City Hall for using too much water?
edit on 18-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I would tell the to go eff themselves, invite my entire family/friends over and lay down in my yard.....You want my land, kill me....Good luck!

Just pack food and water...and expect to be there a while....These thefts of land must stop! I hate seeing this crap, if people don't want to sell then they need to go a different route to someone who will, not just say we are taking it....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

So when are they gonna seize the Hollyweird Stars' assets and the LA City Hall for using too much water?

Never.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I would tell the to go eff themselves, invite my entire family/friends over and lay down in my yard.....You want my land, kill me....Good luck!

Just pack food and water...and expect to be there a while....These thefts of land must stop! I hate seeing this crap, if people don't want to sell then they need to go a different route to someone who will, not just say we are taking it....

If they want it, they take it.

That's how much ownership claim people actually have.

Jude

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

what we learned from the bundy ranch debacle...bring guns...refuse to leave...government goes away....

Look at it this way..if the gov opened fire....it would look awful and risk others attempting counter attacks...if the people open fire it would look awful and be labelled as terrorism.

So just bring guns and sit there, call on the militias...make them have a presentable offer and don't alllow them to bully you.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

what we learned from the bundy ranch debacle...bring guns...refuse to leave...government goes away....

Look at it this way..if the gov opened fire....it would look awful and risk others attempting counter attacks...if the people open fire it would look awful and be labelled as terrorism.

So just bring guns and sit there, call on the militias...make them have a presentable offer and don't alllow them to bully you.

150 yrs ownership of family land doesn't always have a purchase price.

What then?

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

If they want it, they take it.

That's how much ownership claim people actually have.

Jude

Oh, not arguing that point....I can tell you I would make it difficult for them in the process though!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Heck as long as it's for the common good /sarc

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

then keep it...and if it comes down to it...physically resist

Id like the see the offers they are getting cause I have a suspicion they are being low balled. Some may even take it if they attempted to buy the land for what it is worth.

hell america has had grounds for a revolution much before the land grab...the nsa data collection is illegal and violates several laws within the intelligence community...i forget the statute but you are only allowed to keep data on someone for 1 year if you no longer have reasonable suspicion...at least on American citizens. It is one of the most important KSA's you write up when applying for intel jobs...its very similar to getting a warrant but more flexible....the NSA has blatantly ignored those laws. And I was hoping to see some change but did we really see any change at all?
edit on 18-8-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

edit : start with executive order 12333 and 13555 and decide how many laws the intel community broke
edit on 18-8-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes we can all believe we have private property and personal privacy according to some laws and you do, juuuust as long as it doesn't interfere with the governments plans.

Here in Silicon Valley they built a new freeway and they had to buy out a bunch of privately owned homes and some people refused. They were given generous offers, the government waited as long as it could for the last hold outs, then eminently domained them anyway.

Only one old dude held out till the dozers were in his yard.

The traffic still sucks here, but I get the necessity to somehow improve it at the same time.

There is this drought here right now, Its hard to see the justice by taking peoples land away, they are being given a generous offer, aren't they? And plenty of time to move?

I know, I know, the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The 300 farmers should tell the government to piss off and go build their water park in the desert on existing unused crown land and use the defense dept annual budget ashtray-change to finance the unapproved project for the next 100 years.

Problem solved and average Joe doesn't get shafted.

Or, like has already been posted - level Hollyweird and use that land - no loss there at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
been seeing this "government" slaves link around alot what is their credibility level? (not dobuthing ive just only seen them show up recently)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It reminds me of this incident in Bulgaria. The bank wants to foreclose on a house but the owner finds the loophole in which the bank owns the house and NOT the land. What does he do? The only thing he could do...give the house back of course.

i know a guy who had one of his houses on his propriety foreclosed on. the house has been sitting empty for about 7 years now.
turns out that some how the house got built on two different lots, his folks and the contractor made a mistake when they built the house for him, so about half of the house and the yard sit on a lot that was deeded to his sister. she won't sell it to the bank, and the bank can't sell it to any body but the family.

edit on 18-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i know a guy who had one of his houses on his propriety foreclosed on. the house has been sitting empty for about 7 years now.
turns out that some how the house got built on two different lots, his folks and the contractor made a mistake when they built the house for him, so about half of the house and the yard sit on a lot that was deeded to his sister. she won't sell it to the bank, and the bank can't sell it to any body but the family.

Sweet justice.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
been seeing this "government" slaves link around alot what is their credibility level? (not dobuthing ive just only seen them show up recently)

Like any other source, take and chase their source to get more back up.

Pretty much on target most times tho.

I also like whatreallyhappened.com... and they should be treated the same way.

Many others but those are a few go to sites for me.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

www.latimes.com...

www.newsmax.com...

Power lines?
www.registerstar.com...

Or a Walmart?

Court's ruling OKed land grab for business like Target, Home Depot, CostCo, Bed Bath & Beyond

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

www.latimes.com...

www.newsmax.com...

Power lines?
www.registerstar.com...

Or a Walmart?

Court's ruling OKed land grab for business like Target, Home Depot, CostCo, Bed Bath & Beyond

ooh,ooh...I forgot that one.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Let's seize all country bumpkin water rights so they can't make moonshine.

Does Oklahoma City hall not use water?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I can't wait for the destruction to start, this country, this world is toast.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join