It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Theory of Time Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ive done some thinking...

I know for a fact there is no way to go faster than the speed of light with the minimal power of gasoline or hydrogen power...it would just not work theres not enough physical power involved in those elements to propel a ship 186,000 miles a second...

I think that first of all we need to develop anti gravity. I belive that is the first step to time travel or w/e you would like to call going faster than the speed of light. If we can change the gravity of the ship were in to lets say 1 G which is normal for us on earth we could be going a million miles a second and not feel it because of the antigravity "sheild" protecting us.

Secondly,
All stars in the universe have a VERY high gravity feild and if we could harnest that energy like a magnet and use our ship to propel us instead of stupid chemicals...it would be very useful. At this point of time i dont think we can do this yet but anti gravity is the first step. This is what i think aliens use. I mean it matches up perfectly.

This would make little or no sound...like aliens
This would allow us to accelerate at the speed they do.
Also this would be very good for the enviorment.

"Please Respond with anything that contradicts this way of travel or thoughts about this"

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
isn't it myterious how antimatter has been proven and still we have yet to observe such matter?

im confident antigravity has been acheived and applied here on earth. however its use is not 100% for interstellar visitors [ufo crashes]. our understanding of the concept could not be as complete as those who 'invented' it.

perhaps time has some mysteries yet to be revealed as well, go physics!

back to the future is an awesome movie which raises some very key issues of multiplicity in the rhelm of time travel.

consider our reality as is a pinhole observation of the universe. incomplete.

waht are the implications of knowing more, understanding more?

spidey says it best: "with great power comes great responsiblity"

need to know basis: keeps people from going mentally divergent [12 monkeys].

imagine if you knew about aliens, timetravel, quantum mechanics etc.... how would you pour your own slurpee without loosing your mind?

mj12.com

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
easily i would just push the button that pours the slurpee for me! hehe

Well isnt a bullet train (forgot what its true name is but you know what i mean) considered to use anti-gravity...because it does not actually touch the rail it glides upon...it just floats and is pushed up from it by electromagnetic forces and is also propelled the same way.. so that could be considered antigravity just very controlled.. not like aliens

if the earths natural electromagnetic field could be harnessed it would allow us to acquire greater energy than we have had before

I know some day there will be true anti-gravity that will allow us to travel faster than the speed of light and possibly time travel

that is a good theory tho..

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First going faster than light does not cause you to travel in time, it just makes you go super fast, secondly it will take at least a millenia of scientific advancements, before we can even begin to create time traveling devices, personaly I opose the development of such devices.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Technically going faster than the speed of light does send you forward in time..

When you go faster than the speed of light everything around you ages, yet you do not age.. so a few minutes to you could be months for others...

althought this is not time travel... because time travel is where you can safely travel in to the future/past and see yourself and what others are doing and safely return back to your original time period.. very interesting thing time is..

Now you could make objects travel throught time though... by sending them faster than the speed of light... i guess this would be good if you were a collector of certain items and wanted to have the item preserved and look as it only aged a few days while it has been years since it was first originally made.. (sorry about this, was watching antique road show and this sorta popped into my mind)

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Being that the distance between our planet and the other astral bodies is so great, and because the expansion of the universe is making it even greater, time is our greatest enemy. The more technology we develop, the more technology we will need, just to make that,once new, technology work! I think about when you hold magnets end to end they repel each other, and when you turn them around, they attract. So, it seems kind of logical that if we developed a craft that has a source that repels us from Earth, that can be flipped to attract us to a target, we could travel without the need for fuel, other than some type of solar power that would work, and recharge, from the energy of other suns and stars. BUT if the target keeps moving away from us, our speed would never increase, and once we were no longer repelling from Earth, if there was nothing else to "bounce" from, we might end up stranded in limbo! I definately think we will need to develop at least some sort of time altering technology (lightspeed capabilities seem the most feasible), before we will ever be able to travel space like on Star Trek or something.
I believe that unless we are privy to some real E.T. info and technology, we will not progress far enough, on our own, to ever achieve the space travel we dream of, before our own extinction.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This guy has come up with an equation for gravity control or essentially anti-gravity:

Fran de Aquino

He also has a blurb about time travel.

The past should be a holographic register of the events already elapsed. Thus we could travel through the past without to affect the future.

I'm not a physics major so I have no way to make out the validity of his theory or equations. Can anyone shed some insight about this guy?

Urn

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
sorry about going off topic, but....

Originally posted by baaronhaile
imagine if you knew about aliens, timetravel, quantum mechanics etc.... how would you pour your own slurpee without loosing your mind?

lol....this has GOT to be the best line EVER!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Einstein already came up with travelling through the future. I believe that the speed of light is the natural speed barrier before crossing over to time travel. Once past the speed of light, everything around one begins to accelerate towards the future. To everyone else however, the person travelling will look completely still as his body is moving faster then light. You would see a slight movement but it would have to happen over a long period of time depending on how fast and far the traveller is moving.

If it's like a 10 day trip for say, the trip for the traveller would probably be a split second, and he moves his arm while travelling. To an observer, he would be able to note the change day by day as the time goes by. If it was a 10 year trip however, the movement may go unnoticed for years. I don't know how else to explain how the expieriance would be like or at least could be like. The scientists also figure if they figure a way foward, that they would eventually find a way back using the same method to go foward (makes sense).

More then likely, the ones creating this technology are doing so in such secret that only the few elite may even know it exists. The reason is that they cannot even discuss the mention of controlling time. They also must watch for enemies who can get ahold of it and use it against us or even worse, destroy existance.

I know one thing though, if we are just coming through to this concept now, they're are likely many other civilized planets that have the same technology, probably even far more adcanced as well. Who ever would have such control wouldn't be allowed and would likely be one of the many countless victims we see on the news. They simply would not allow many to obtain such technology.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by baaronhaile
isn't it myterious how antimatter has been proven and still we have yet to observe such matter?

If with such matter, you mean antimatter, you are wrong. Antimatter has been observed in cosmic radiation since the 1930's and supercolliders like those at CERN can produce antimatter by smashing other particles together. More information about antimatter detection can be found here.

Originally posted by iori_komei
First going faster than light does not cause you to travel in time, it just makes you go super fast, secondly it will take at least a millenia of scientific advancements, before we can even begin to create time traveling devices, personaly I opose the development of such devices.

If the formula's of special relativity are correct for speeds above c (which hasn't been proven, we've never observed something moving faster than c), those formula's do predict that you move back in time. More information about Faster Than Light (FTL) travel can be found here.

Originally posted by Kageki
Can anyone shed some insight about this guy?

He has a paper published at Arxiv and he has a univeristy affiliation. I haven't heard his work, but there seems to be at least some merit to it.

Originally posted by makavelli
Einstein already came up with travelling through the future. I believe that the speed of light is the natural speed barrier before crossing over to time travel. Once past the speed of light, everything around one begins to accelerate towards the future. To everyone else however, the person travelling will look completely still as his body is moving faster then light. You would see a slight movement but it would have to happen over a long period of time depending on how fast and far the traveller is moving.

Makavelli gives the same prediction that I give about what happens when you try to go faster than the speed of light. You never reach the speed of light and time for you slows down relative to the time of the rest of world.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think that faster than light travel is possible and Gravitrons when proven will show that to be true. Also the Tachyons are particles that travel at many million times the speed of light- these particles are only speculation and are not supported by any theory.
My question is this : Einstein says that as a particle accelerates to the velocity c the mass tends to become infinite and from Lorentz transforms we can see that time dilates as mass accelerates to c -- then suppose a particle travels at the speed of light we have something like an event hoizon i.e time stops ! Now if you travel faster than light then what we have is a complete break down of causality and some very wierd results
. How is that possible?? As all scientific logic is based on the assuption that cause ==> effect !!
Also the Lorentz transforms would make no sense if gamma was imaginary at c+ velocities.
Here is a very interesting article on FTL travel that I have already put on another thread of the same topic! !Faster than light!
Also go to the thread- lot of discussion was done about Faster tahn light travel and its effects!www.abovetopsecret.com...

IAF...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
IAF101, I think that the formula's aren't made for faster than light travel and shouldn't be to make predictions about that. We haven't test the formula's for fast than light travel and the results we get when we apply them to faster than light situations are very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kazkek
Technically going faster than the speed of light does send you forward in time..

When you go faster than the speed of light everything around you ages, yet you do not age.. so a few minutes to you could be months for others...
This is true as far as realativity is concerned . It is the slowing down , stopping , reversing trajectory , speeding back up , and a final braking to land that would almost negate these affects .

It has been shown that a clock in the orbit of the earth (in relationship to a clock on the ground) moves slower by billionths of a second . You would age normaly , but only"observe " others to age rapidly in respect to YOUR motion .

The time it would take to stop from a travel at light speed and turn around and go back would leave you just as dead as all the people you thought you were outliving . and high powered telescopes would see you as a young person , but take into concideration the light from distant galaxies that is just reaching us.... They may be gone by now !

It's all a matter of your frame of reference .

Whwn they say that a particle ages slower in an accelerator in OUR time frame , it also means that it ages more rapidly in ITS time frame

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I think that faster than light travel is possible and Gravitrons when proven will show that to be true.

The problem with going faster then the speed of light is how it would be physically observed from it's surrounding. Unless time is different in other parts of the universe, all that would be seen is a still image no matter what because that is the speed which the light will travel. If say you were to start moving to the observer, you would just be going slower then the speed of light and that's slower then natural time.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by makavelli]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
not sure if it was mentioned already, but if you guys know of the disclosure project video '01, then you might remember the technology apparently in development by local governments.

www.disclosureproject.org...

edit:

btw URN: thnx for the quote!

edit:

kazkek had the retort tho, it s all about tech.

[edit on 1/3/2005 by baaronhaile]

[edit on 1/3/2005 by baaronhaile]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What oddtodd above me said, I believe that if time does have a limit like that, backwards travel will never be possible, especially if both the traveller and the device both age in reverse. The device would be out of existance as well as any clothes that weren't made after he passes that point. Then again, this most likely doesn't exist if time travel is possible and it'll be possible to freeze whatever is being sent to avoid the aging/de-aging process in order for the travel to be successfull. It's required because one would die instantly after traveling because they would go malnuturished unless they only travelled in a ship with enough rations for however far they'll go. But what's the point to travel only a few years, though these will probably be the first expieriments. Once Time Travel is fully achieved, who knows where they can go.

My fear is the fact that whoever controls this in the future has control of the past. It's possible that this has already been done, and can explain life. I just believe that man will eventually achieve time travel and advance it to perfection where they can do whatever they please. They then can manipulate history to favor them. I've thought this since I was a child because I figured that man and intelligent life will exists on this planet for thousands of more years and they will eventually achieve time travel to shape history to their liking. We would never notice because they wouldn't of started in our present time but thousands of years ago.

If they, or whoever in the future perfects time and uses it this way, they could very well of been control of the past thousands of years, and responsible for all major changes in life. They would most likely keep evolution of technology and policy the same or sometime restrict it if it goes faster and change it when need be. They still need life in the future so they wouldn't dramatically change history towards a direction where a mass loss of life can occur and slow the speed of evolution. So in all, if time travel can exist, it's already happened, and all the changes have been made.

Unless good prevails over all, evil will always seek this technology.

new topics

top topics

join