It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could abortion be considered a double standard?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

originally posted by: kellyjay
i think its odd when people refer to the fetus as a "clump of cells", that suddenly become intact lungs and intact hearts when PP is selling those parts for profit.

but thats none of my business *sips tea*

If you made it your business enough to research it you'd know that your statement is factually inaccurate.

its accurate in the sense that if the woman wants something the man is responsible, but if she doesnt want something he suddenly has no rights.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

That's not what you said at all. You said that PP sells baby parts - which is absolutely factually incorrect. Further it's a blatant misrepresentation made by a special interest group specifically to muddy the waters of conversations such as this.

It's propaganda and I am left assuming you knew this when you stated it, thus explaining why you back peddled in this most recent reply.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: muse7

a reply to: Gryphon66

Murder is horrible regardless of the situation.

It should never be taken lightly.

Anyone who has ever killed, carries with them, the guilt of ending another's life.

Do you find rape and incest horrible?

Apparently you don't find it horrible enough to warrant giving women the choice to terminate the development of the fetus

So you feel that some murders can and are justified.

To each his own.

Not at all.

I feel that women that become pregnant as a result of rape or incest should have the option of terminating the pregnancy.

Do you consider chemotherapy and radiation murder? Both of those things also attack a clump of cells.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

A squamous cell, if left alone for 9 months will remain a squamous cell.

A human, if left alone for 9 months, will remain a human.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
ahhh. what the hey.....

there once was a small pre-teen peruvian girl who was raped. she ended up pregnant with twins. All the doctors who were treating her and all the nurses clearly stated that this pregnancy was a danger to her life and they fought the state for the girls right to an abortion. well, I do believe that the doctors and the nurses finally just went ahead with the abortion without the gov't permission, but, I might be wrong here, but the gov't didn't chose to prosecute them for it.

Brazil is heavily catholic, and the catholic bishop struck back hard after hearing about the abortion. He excommunicated the doctors and the nurses. He excommunicated the mother. He would have probably have excommunicated the girl also, except that she was too young to be held responsible for her actions...
but...he didn't excommunicate the rapist....

the message is clear for all to see, if they wish to look, and I do believe that many of the pro-life crown even here in the states have the same sentiment.....
It's a greater sin to try to save the child from the dangerous pregnancy than it is to rape that child and make her pregnant.
edit on 16-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Leaving a fertilized egg alone for nine months sounds great, except that (if you believe in such nonsense) the Designer created a system that spontaneously aborts 50% of them.

Does that make "The Designer" an abortionist too?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That's not what you said at all. You said that PP sells baby parts - which is absolutely factually incorrect. Further it's a blatant misrepresentation made by a special interest group specifically to muddy the waters of conversations such as this.

It's propaganda and I am left assuming you knew this when you stated it, thus explaining why you back peddled in this most recent reply.

actually i didnt read what comment you quoted i thought you were talking about my other comment regarding double standards.

in response however, are you privy to some knowledge that the rest of us arent? or are you just defending PP because liberal? because ive seen videos and transcripts where they are clearly violating laws, and are speaking about selling baby parts...and before you go all "heavily edited on me" ive watched the unedited versions too, and the edited versoions are just condensed, not altered.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Leaving a fertilized egg alone for nine months sounds great, except that (if you believe in such nonsense) the Designer created a system that spontaneously aborts 50% of them.

Does that make "The Designer" an abortionist too?

Life isn't perfect.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Life isn't perfect.

Apparently, neither is "The Designer" ... or "The Designer" has no issue with abortion.

Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Life isn't perfect.

Apparently, neither is "The Designer" ... or "The Designer" has no issue with abortion.

Hmmmm.

Just for the record, you were the one to bring "The Designer" into the discussion.

Personally, I'm only human, so I make no claims to know the mind of "The Designer".

I'm impressed that you are so much more awesome!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

You do believe in "The Designer" or "A Designer" or "The Creator" though, don't you?

You've stated that belief many times, and it is simple to note the various cults surrounding such a "being" are the sources of the irrational beliefs that human personhood begins at conception, that any contraception is also murder, that it's okay to kill your enemies in war, etc.

I've never known you to be ashamed of your faith, Beezzer.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: WanderingSage
Yes. But which bears the brunt of the responsibility?
Once the male is done, he's done. Not so much for the female.

But surely there has to be equal responsibility when it comes to using protection. If neither side uses it at the point of ejaculation, then who's fault is it? the mans fault for not using a prophylactic, or is it the woman fault for not using birth control? Assigning blame after conception is pointless, it takes two to make a baby.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: muse7

A squamous cell, if left alone for 9 months will remain a squamous cell.

A human, if left alone for 9 months, will remain a human.

That tumor is every bit as human as that egg.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

i think its odd when people refer to the fetus as a "clump of cells", that suddenly become intact lungs and intact hearts when PP is selling those parts for profit.

If you made it your business enough to research it you'd know that your statement is factually inaccurate.

its accurate in the sense that if the woman wants something the man is responsible, but if she doesnt want something he suddenly has no rights.

What the men can't put their big boy pants on and use their intellect and realize this is coming? Please.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

although there's a small chance that both could be using it and a baby is still created. once it's created, it's still the norm for the mother to have the responsibility of caring for the child, which does has an impact on her earning potential. the man can walk away, still earning as much as he's able to, without the hassle of setting up child care (or paying for it), or providing for the daily care of the child. it will just cost him a portion of his paycheck, of which for many men, doesn't really cover even half the cost of providing for the child.
in order for things to be better something has to give. weather the women refused you request to abort the child that she is carrying or not, once the child is here, that child will need to be cared for and to expect her to do it alone in an economy where so many couples can't is asking way too much.
I do believe that for the most part if the child support system is working properly (big if here!!!), the man is left with enough to live on, and the goal is to make it so that both sides are living at an equal standard of living.

no, if a way could be found so that the women was not hindered so badly in her ability to earn money, well, it would alleviate quite a bit of the men's problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

What the men can't put their big boy pants on and use their intellect and realize this is coming? Please.

and the woman cant put in her UID properly or take the pill how it is meant to be taken to avoid such a circumstance....but please carry on laying the blame at the mens feet

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

and the woman cant put in her UID properly or take the pill how it is meant to be taken to avoid such a circumstance....but please carry on laying the blame at the mens feet

Well, the topic is about male rights and responsibilities in the matter.

Given that, one might understand a focus on, you know, the male side of the equation?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Ok. I do. We can't get pregnant alone. Can a man accidentally have sex?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
gee maybe she can't afford the expense of that IUD because the little sisters of the poor or hobby lobby have a belief and the planned parenthood was defunded out of existence.....

it the women's life, it's the men's life, and they better danged well take the responsibility into their own hands and make sure they don't cause it to swing out of control!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: WanderingSage
Yes. But which bears the brunt of the responsibility?
Once the male is done, he's done. Not so much for the female.

But surely there has to be equal responsibility when it comes to using protection. If neither side uses it at the point of ejaculation, then who's fault is it? the mans fault for not using a prophylactic, or is it the woman fault for not using birth control? Assigning blame after conception is pointless, it takes two to make a baby.

Both should use contraceptives.

She should be on birth control. He should use a condom.

How many men do you think will use a condem if the woman says she is on birth Control?

How many men are going to say it's the woman's fault, because she told him she was on birth control?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join