It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Officer From Viral Photo Compares #BlackLivesMatter to KKK and Skinheads

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I disagree.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

And you have every right to do so.

You're still wrong.

link   

I'm going to go PC and say that noone is actually black and noone is actually white. Take out the Crayolas and I prove my point. I thought blacks wanted to be called African Americans, yet they call themselves black and nigg@$. Good job

Wan't to know what's really racist? In my neighboring school they had a vote on the most liked African American or something of that sort, In a school of about 15% black people, know who one? A white guy who was born and lived in South Africa for 14 years, and was the only actual African. Know what happened? The blacks threw a fit and was all over the school board for racism. LOL African American.
edit on 15-8-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So what we have is a terrible op, thats tries to compare the blm to the kkk, no proof, just a few posters opinion, now thats what i call fake outrage, dont forget kids to watch more fox news, thats right down your alley.

It is really rather precious how you trash my opinion......and make assumptions about me as to my leanings politically...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Can anyone here disagree that all lives matter?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

And you have every right to do so.

You're still wrong.

I love how you feel the need to say "you're still wrong"...in response to my saying that I disagree.

As if there is some universal right that I am oblivious to.

Maybe I do think blacks are inferior. Maybe I think gravity is caused by my buttocks. Maybe I think the earth is flat. Maybe I believe in God being a reptile from Uranus.

Maybe I just disagree.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am reading this thread, and it is p'n me off. My family consists of white folks in this country since 1621, so we have been here for a while, and I have written evidence that some of mine have owned some of yours in the past. And I am sorry, this was a sad part of of North American History.

But for the rest of you idiots to deny that systematic racism has existed since the end of the civil war is assinine. Jim Crow and all, and y'all are going to deny that black folks have been held down. Want to pull out my grandfather's purchase agreement from 1955 for his burial plot, that told him he could not sell it to person of color. Or talk to my mother who graduated HS in 1957, small town Missouri, and they still had the colored school.

Or my little town in Missouri who threw a fit in 1972, when they had a section 8 housing situation, and OMG, we had negroes living in my town. This crap has gone on for too long, we all bleed the same color, we are all the same, when are you racist asshats going to realize that.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: nullafides

I personally do not care whether you like cops or not, regardless of what they've done or been accused of doing...

But this viral photos is what matters to me...

Original article

#BlackLivesMatter *IS* a racist front. It *IS* no different than the KKK or Skinheads.

We are either in this together, or we're not in it at all.

I'd give my life for yours...would you gives yours for mine?

Flame on. Chances are, I won't even read any responses to this. I can hear the crying now.

How many people have "Black Lives Matter" killed? Because the KKK has killed many thousands of Americans, burned a countless number of black majority churches, and personally maintained Jim Crow laws in the South. In its prime in the 1920s, the KKK claimed control over more than half of the state legislatures, with 1 in every 4 white males in the South being official members.

Skinheads & neo-Nazis follow the teachings and ideology of Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis literally killed 10s of millions of people, including being responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million white Slavic people. Most historians put that number closer to 20 million, but I'm trying to be nice here.

So how is "Black Lives Matter" anywhere close to this? That's like me saying the Tea Party is no different than Chingiss Khan/Genghis Khan's empire because they both needed to breathe, eat, and sleep.

This is literally why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand any more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Also, is this supposed to be good or bad? Since actual KKK members & skinheads are extremely right wing. So is a KKK or neo-Nazi sympathizer on the right wing supposed to support "Black Lives Matter" now or not? Y'all can't even get your stories straight.

wait so you are taking a relatively new movement, asking how many they have killed

then taking skinhead neo-nazis, and saying hitler killed millions? have skinheads killed millions? we know the democrat KKk killed a lot of black folks for sure!

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

Did you miss the entire point of this thread? The OP is the one comparing this "relatively new movement" to skinheads and the KKK. Or did you not read that far?

And yes, I pointed out why BLM is nothing like skinheads or the KKK. Then I presented facts. But apparently my post was too long for you to get that?

Oh sorry, I need to be brief. "OP make comparison, I show OP's comparison not valid. Me also not Dem, me independent! Oooh oooh ohh! And if KKK so bad, why extreme right wing still embrace them? Hurr hurr hurr!"

skinheads and KKK are racist
BLM is racist

theres your comparisson all neat and tidy without the whole but but how many people were killed diatribe

youre welcome

also the EXTREME right are a minority just like the EXTREME left

And I already posted why that comparison is invalid.

You can't compare someone to the KKK without mentioning the violence the KKK committed. That was the KKK's whole point: to maintain racial segregation by any means necessary, legal & illegal. BLM is absolutely nothing like that. Hence why the comparison is invalid.

Same goes with skinheads & neo-Nazis, who follow actual Nazis. They were another absolutely violent & genocidal organization that killed 10s of millions of people. They controlled a government & conquer several other countries. BLM is nothing like that.

Also, how can you, an apparent right winger, compare BLM to the KKK & skinheads when today's actual KKK & skinheads are right wingers too? Do you reject them & their sympathizers or do you accept them? Because if you accept them, then say BLM are like them, wouldn't you accept BLM too?

are the KKK racist? yes
is BLM racist? yes...are BLM murderers? not yet.....

there we go

Thanks. You just proved my original point about why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand anything more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Lemme guess, the word "blackmail" is racist too since it's not "black-n-whitemail"?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I saw something yesterday that reminded me of you. Martin Luther King said "I have a dream..." and someone just like you interrupted him to say "All dreams matter!"

Well, of course they do.

But #BlackLivesMatter isn't about "Black lives matter more than anyone else!" That's a childish notion. Rather -- it is about a very specific moment in time when people of color die in police custody, or are arrested, charged and convicted at rates several times greater than "whites" when both populations are adjusted.

That's it. That's all #BLM is about. Pointing out to hard headed folk that Black moms, dads, and kids are getting the shafted disproportionately by a systemically racist criminal justice system. It ain't about #WhiteyDon'tMatter or #CopsDon'tMatter or any other BS you try to hang on it.

And your motivation for doing so is as obvious, and sad, as standing up during a Martin Luther King speech and shouting #IHaveADreamToo!

if it was ONLY black people being killed they would have a point, but its not.

all lives matter is a message of equality...it says all of us are important.

to suggest that black people being killed by cops should somehow take precedent over the rest who are killed is sending a message of "were dealing with us right now, we will get to you at a later date because we are more important.

this is a police issue, it doesnt make sense to tackle police brutality by race, but it should be tackled as a whole as it affects all races.

so yes their message is one of division

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

only the BLM crowd

They will BOO you if you say it

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So what we have is a terrible op, thats tries to compare the blm to the kkk, no proof, just a few posters opinion, now thats what i call fake outrage, dont forget kids to watch more fox news, thats right down your alley.

actually he didnt the report did

Are you really having a hard time differentiating between what the picture clearly shows and what the OP has stated?

please show me where in the OP link it said "OP of ATS thread says BLM is the same as the KKK"

reading is hard

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I personally do not care whether you like cops or not, regardless of what they've done or been accused of doing...

Original article

#BlackLivesMatter *IS* a racist front. It *IS* no different than the KKK or Skinheads.

Flame on. Chances are, I won't even read any responses to this. I can hear the crying now.

How many people have "Black Lives Matter" killed? Because the KKK has killed many thousands of Americans, burned a countless number of black majority churches, and personally maintained Jim Crow laws in the South. In its prime in the 1920s, the KKK claimed control over more than half of the state legislatures, with 1 in every 4 white males in the South being official members.

Skinheads & neo-Nazis follow the teachings and ideology of Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis literally killed 10s of millions of people, including being responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million white Slavic people. Most historians put that number closer to 20 million, but I'm trying to be nice here.

So how is "Black Lives Matter" anywhere close to this? That's like me saying the Tea Party is no different than Chingiss Khan/Genghis Khan's empire because they both needed to breathe, eat, and sleep.

This is literally why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand any more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Also, is this supposed to be good or bad? Since actual KKK members & skinheads are extremely right wing. So is a KKK or neo-Nazi sympathizer on the right wing supposed to support "Black Lives Matter" now or not? Y'all can't even get your stories straight.

wait so you are taking a relatively new movement, asking how many they have killed

then taking skinhead neo-nazis, and saying hitler killed millions? have skinheads killed millions? we know the democrat KKk killed a lot of black folks for sure!

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

Did you miss the entire point of this thread? The OP is the one comparing this "relatively new movement" to skinheads and the KKK. Or did you not read that far?

And yes, I pointed out why BLM is nothing like skinheads or the KKK. Then I presented facts. But apparently my post was too long for you to get that?

Oh sorry, I need to be brief. "OP make comparison, I show OP's comparison not valid. Me also not Dem, me independent! Oooh oooh ohh! And if KKK so bad, why extreme right wing still embrace them? Hurr hurr hurr!"

BLM is racist

theres your comparisson all neat and tidy without the whole but but how many people were killed diatribe

youre welcome

You can't compare someone to the KKK without mentioning the violence the KKK committed. That was the KKK's whole point: to maintain racial segregation by any means necessary, legal & illegal. BLM is absolutely nothing like that. Hence why the comparison is invalid.

Same goes with skinheads & neo-Nazis, who follow actual Nazis. They were another absolutely violent & genocidal organization that killed 10s of millions of people. They controlled a government & conquer several other countries. BLM is nothing like that.

Also, how can you, an apparent right winger, compare BLM to the KKK & skinheads when today's actual KKK & skinheads are right wingers too? Do you reject them & their sympathizers or do you accept them? Because if you accept them, then say BLM are like them, wouldn't you accept BLM too?

are the KKK racist? yes

there we go

Thanks. You just proved my original point about why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand anything more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Lemme guess, the word "blackmail" is racist too since it's not "black-n-whitemail"?

do i look like al sharpton to you? snow is white! therefor its racist!!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

only the BLM crowd

They will BOO you if you say it

because not racist

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I am reading this thread, and it is p'n me off. My family consists of white folks in this country since 1621, so we have been here for a while, and I have written evidence that some of mine have owned some of yours in the past. And I am sorry, this was a sad part of of North American History.

But for the rest of you idiots to deny that systematic racism has existed since the end of the civil war is assinine. Jim Crow and all, and y'all are going to deny that black folks have been held down. Want to pull out my grandfather's purchase agreement from 1955 for his burial plot, that told him he could not sell it to person of color. Or talk to my mother who graduated HS in 1957, small town Missouri, and they still had the colored school.

Or my little town in Missouri who threw a fit in 1972, when they had a section 8 housing situation, and OMG, we had negroes living in my town. This crap has gone on for too long, we all bleed the same color, we are all the same, when are you racist asshats going to realize that.

Honestly, a lot of these people know this. They're just playing ignorant. ATS has a lot of older members who were teenagers or full grown adults during the times of Jim Crow laws & forced racial segregation. They know full well how things really were. There's even a thread here (a rant) called "African American Names!", where members here openly admit to throwing out job applications if they had stereotypical "black" names. but they're the first ones to claim institutionalized racism is fake.

I was born & raised in the South. Most "white" people I know here can tell you exactly which family members owned slaves, how many, and a lot more. They can tell you which members were in the KKK too, if you ask. And that includes the liberal, progressive, and centrist people here.

So to compare BLM to the KKK is so far off that it doesn't even make sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Not racist because being a victim of racism makes you exempt from any future racism?
edit on 15-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Original article

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

BLM is racist

youre welcome

are the KKK racist? yes

there we go

You're the one comparing BLM to the KKK & skinheads. There's no way you can know anything of substance about either of those groups then come to the conclusion that they're similar.

"Hey, Genghis Khan's empire & the Tea Party are just alike because they both breathe air. Totally similar!"

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Not racist because being a victim of racism makes you exempt from any future racism?

So calling people crackres and booing "all lives matter" proves you arent racist?

#dontracistmebro

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Original article

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

BLM is racist

youre welcome

are the KKK racist? yes

there we go

You're the one comparing BLM to the KKK & skinheads. There's no way you can know anything of substance about either of those groups then come to the conclusion that they're similar.

"Hey, Genghis Khan's empire & the Tea Party are just alike because they both breathe air. Totally similar!"

the ONLY comparison ive made is that they are both racist...which they are, you on the other hand want to include number of kills which is redundant considering BLM are a new movement and thus far havent killed anyone, yet want to go back hundreds of years to bring up the deaths by KKK.....so your argument is invalid

so like i said and will say again..they are both racist

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

i was being sarcastic

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You....I like

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join