It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Officer From Viral Photo Compares #BlackLivesMatter to KKK and Skinheads

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I am not a racist, I am pointing out how ridiculous blacks have gotten. Have you ever researched anything in your life? Whites are shot by police more than blacks, there are more whites in jail than blacks, there are more whites on welfare than blacks,

You do realize that there are more than three times as many of us white people as there are black people? Its difficult to get good data, but the most conservative estimate is that black people are about 3x as likely to be killed in an encounter with the police as white people. Blacks are also far more likely to be arrested for offenses that white people commit with the same frequency, more likely to be convicted and receive on average something like 20% longer jail/prison sentences than white people convicted of the same crime.

I am saying that blacks think they should have better rights than whites and yet they have the same rights. There is no discrimmination, it is only percieved by those who hold racist thoughts within their own mind who percieve acts of injustice as racist.

I don't really feel like wasting my time educating you but for a jumping off point, should you wish to get yourself a clue, let me refer you to a post of mine from another thread about the same damn thing, here.

Thanks man, you caught something from iDope he edited before I read, thanks for catching it, and calling his racist attitude out.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

And yet my post completely refutes your claim

Odd.......

So someones a racist for pointing out what turns out to be the truth, and you were false

What does that make you for the accusation?

Just a labeling jerk?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I am not a racist, I am pointing out how ridiculous blacks have gotten. Have you ever researched anything in your life? Whites are shot by police more than blacks, there are more whites in jail than blacks, there are more whites on welfare than blacks,

You do realize that there are more than three times as many of us white people as there are black people? Its difficult to get good data, but the most conservative estimate is that black people are about 3x as likely to be killed in an encounter with the police as white people. Blacks are also far more likely to be arrested for offenses that white people commit with the same frequency, more likely to be convicted and receive on average something like 20% longer jail/prison sentences than white people convicted of the same crime.

I am saying that blacks think they should have better rights than whites and yet they have the same rights. There is no discrimmination, it is only percieved by those who hold racist thoughts within their own mind who percieve acts of injustice as racist.

I don't really feel like wasting my time educating you but for a jumping off point, should you wish to get yourself a clue, let me refer you to a post of mine from another thread about the same damn thing, here.

I have done my research and have written over 100 pages of essays regrading what you talk about.

I agree blacks are diprportionatley targeted, but black's tend to have more criminal charges per capita due to illegal weapons, drugs, violence, etc than any other race. It may be that police target them because they expect it based on history, economics, neighborhood, etc. But that is the police using data in order to understand where more crimes are in order to halt possible crimes and fatalities resulting from them. Therefore black areas and impoverished areas are patrolled more. You don't see many wealthy people of any race being gunned down by police do you? No the police follow the crime.Therefore it's not racist. Yes there are more impoverished blacks per capita than whites, but then again, blacks have the same opportunitys to succeed as any other race.

Look how many immigrants from India, China, Korea, Japan, etc, succeed here on VISA's without being murdered yet it is blacks that keep grinding the same wheel over and over and call it racist that they are targeted when by percitiles they are more likley to be gang oriented than any other race in America. Is it perpetual? is it brought upon them by the conditions whites caused? I don't know, but there are many succesful black people that are practically worshipped by whites, so throw the race card out the window, skin color means nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

except that he was right about fraternaties

and they are 3x as likely to get killed because statistically they are committing more crimes per capita

funny how those facts dont come up , you know cause facts makes ya racist

link   

Uh oh, you called somebody a racist. Now you've done it. It's not PC to call people racist. We're all supposed to pretend that bigotry doesn't exist so that we don't offend the fragile hate mongering morons in society.

want to hate black/white/Mexican/Asians..enjoy. Want to get a group and burn crosses or talk about white devils. Have at it. Want to interrupt a politician on stage or walk down the streets waving swastikas looking like fools ok. As long as actions aren't leading to physical harm whatever.

There are good and bad in every walk of life, you hang out with the good and push away the bad. My philosophy is simple like that. Racism no, racist no.scumbagism and scumbagist.. yes. I have a low opinion and look down on scumbags. Which we have far too many in all walks of life.

link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sigh.

BlackLivesMatter is an organization/movement calling attention to and fighting racism, profiling, and filtering against blacks by police that results in brutality, violence, or death. It addresses a specific and very real issue in this country.

In this context, AllLivesMatter is what exactly?

Vacuous.

When was the last time you were denied something because of the color of your skin?

When there is a white or mexican killed by police where do #BlackLivesMatter stand? In the corner like a black wallflower, because they are racist. They only care about Black Lives, it is in the text and in their name for MLK's sake.

Where is all WHITELIVEAMATTERS, or ALL MEXICAN LIVES MATTER, they don't exist because no one has felt the need to form them yet, seriously, are you that much of a racist?

because no one else wants to form a racist movement Im guessing

They probably feel that ALL lives matter and can see how racist #blacklivesmatter actually comes across

Thats like saying "why dont more people shoot themselves in the foot!" well probably because they arent that damn stupid

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What did I say that was racist, rather than stating a point? Statistics back up everything I have said. If I am a racist what are all black colleges propegating? Non racism? IF blacks want all people to be considered the same why do they have all black schools and black entertainment television and black only fraternitys and sororitys? That is what I ask? I am not a damn racist, I see it how it is, and I will say it how it is. If you want to just bow down to everything as it is then do so. If you don't care that there are all black groups that don't allow white people, then fine, then don't care if there are groups of all whites, or all iranians, or all russians. Fine. It's all the same. Just in today's culture it is not, and you are racist for agreeing that blacks have the right to segregate from whites, when whites don't have that right.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Have you ever watched COPS? see how black people reacet upon arrest in comparison to whites? Ya it is clear and concise? Blacks enjoy yelling at cops, where does that get them? Even black cops with a black suspect, the suspect flees or argues and gets violent, they usually have an illegal weapon on them, or drugs. So what is a cop to do? treat every suspect like an 80 year old white lady? I would say that the racism comes in more when they are sentenced rather than arrested, but hey, they are judges
I know first hand from much research that the marijuan arrests in this country are racist, many more blacks are sentenced longer terms in jail, bit that is nonviolent crime.

When there is a homicide or suspected serial killer, know who is the first suspect if they have none? A white middle aged man. Is that racist? No, it is by the numbers and by historical data.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

There is racism against white people, but since "non-hispanic whites" are 63% of the population, have 87% of the seats in Congress, are governors of 90% of states and hold about 90% of the country's wealth, it has very little practical impact.

That's why there is no #WhiteLivesMatter, because as a "race" we hold all of the power and wealth and there is no systemic racial bias against whites in the criminal justice system. If we're being honest, the establishment isn't big on poor whites either but a lot of them have been so pumped up with identity politics rhetoric (read the infamous 1981 Lee Atwater interview) that you'll never see #PoorLivesMatter either (besides, that'd be some divisive commie hippie s# right?).

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Don't know what "we" you are referring to, about 3% of the population hold that money, power, political office etc. They rub each other's back. Never asked for it, don't want it, so please don't be so smalll minded lumping all whites into the power/wealth/political realms. Why that might be considered stereotyping, wouldn't want that.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Uh oh, you called somebody a racist. Now you've done it. It's not PC to call people racist. We're all supposed to pretend that bigotry doesn't exist so that we don't offend the fragile hate mongering morons in society.

want to hate black/white/Mexican/Asians..enjoy. Want to get a group and burn crosses or talk about white devils. Have at it. Want to interrupt a politician on stage or walk down the streets waving swastikas looking like fools ok. As long as actions aren't leading to physical harm whatever.

There are good and bad in every walk of life, you hang out with the good and push away the bad. My philosophy is simple like that. Racism no, racist no.scumbagism and scumbagist.. yes. I have a low opinion and look down on scumbags. Which we have far too many in all walks of life.

I don't hate any race/creed/nationality/belief system, anyone. I hate noone unless I have met them and I truly "hate" them. I don't seperate them by anything beside the person. But I can tell you many stories about how I was targeted by another race for being white in the wrong place at the wrong time with the "wrong" people trying to take advantage of me. I never look for trouble yet I voice my opinion when it is necessary. When I see black dudes raping a woman in an alley at 2 in the morning and try to stop it, am I racist? Well to them I was because the woman was white. I Had a gun to my head and was jumped by dudes with boners, while my friends were calling the police at the same point. know who was arrested? Ya the black guys because I tracked them after they ran away ( I had a bike riding home from work). So I am a racist because of that right? What does that say about what I am trying to purvey? I have had more blacks try to rob me or start fights with me over any other race, so what does that say? I have seen atrocities on innocent people by all races in person but no worse than blacks. I am not saying all blacks act like tat, I am calling it as I see it, life experience.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Wasn't labeling you or anyone on this board racist. Just sharing my personal philosophy on it. Experiences can definately lead to opinions. It's all good

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sigh.

BlackLivesMatter is an organization/movement calling attention to and fighting racism, profiling, and filtering against blacks by police that results in brutality, violence, or death. It addresses a specific and very real issue in this country.

In this context, AllLivesMatter is what exactly?

Vacuous.

So when do they stop focusing on only black lives? When no blacks are murdered for a day? A week? Blacks kill blacks more than cops kill blacks (no matter the race). When black gangs kill black gangs what is that called? BlackLivesMatter don't cover that part do they? Kanye knows more about it the gang wars in Chicago than you wilkl ever know about any percieved race war. 50 people die in Chicago every weekend, yet these BlackLivesMatter group don't care because those lives don't matter unless police kill them. Join the farce young mongerer.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Blacks do not have the same opportunities to succeed and if you'd actually read the post I linked, you might understand why. As a racial group, black people really didn't start to make economic progress until around WWII and when the manufacturing sector starting dumping jobs en masse starting in the mid-late 70's, that progress not only ended but the trend reversed. The result is that black families that had migrated to urban industrial centers like Detroit and Chicago ended up effectively stranded in cities with no employment opportunities.

It's like saying that poor white Appalachian kids have the same opportunities to succeed as white middle class suburbanites.

Look how many immigrants from India, China, Korea, Japan, etc, succeed here on VISA's without being murdered yet it is blacks that keep grinding the same wheel over and over and call it racist that they are targeted when by percitiles they are more likley to be gang oriented than any other race in America. Is it perpetual? is it brought upon them by the conditions whites caused? I don't know, but there are many succesful black people that are practically worshipped by whites, so throw the race card out the window, skin color means nothing.

What the hell is that? What makes you think that's a meaningful comparison? The only thing that the average black person has in common with a non-white immigrant is the fact that they're not white. What you're doing is showing how deep your ignorance runs and how far you're willing to go to defend it.

Immigrant groups as a whole tend to have lower rates of incarceration, divorce, etc in the first couple of generations, this is a well attested social phenomena. They're also prone to under reporting crimes. Since the total "Asian" (a ridiculous demographics category containing Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, Laotians, Japanese, Koreans and everyone else who isn't white, black or "hispanic") population was only about 1.5 million in 1970, how many of the 19.5 million "Asians" in this country do you imagine are first or second generation immigrants?

Apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The entire notion of racism has become an inherited crutch for a lot of African Americans... they wouldn't know how to walk without it. There's more 'oppressed' people, then there is actual oppression... it's getting foolish and sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yes. All lives matter, and all people should be treated equally. what the BLM movement is doing, is pointing out that blacks are treated unfairly and that the facts back that up. I don't know why people can't see that. The prison and arrest records show this without a doubt.
The kkk is a white supremacy group as well as the "skinheads". The people who prote/d it are ignorant racists who want dominion over everyone because they believe in white supremacy.
BLM do not promote supremacy. They are pointing out that blacks are not being treated equally. Therefor they are not comparable to the KKK.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yes. All lives matter, and all people should be treated equally. what the BLM movement is doing, is pointing out that blacks are treated unfairly and that the facts back that up. I don't know why people can't see that. The prison and arrest records show this without a doubt.
The kkk is a white supremacy group as well as the "skinheads". The people who prote/d it are ignorant racists who want dominion over everyone because they believe in white supremacy.
BLM do not promote supremacy. They are pointing out that blacks are not being treated equally. Therefor they are not comparable to the KKK.

Frankly, if you don't see how #AllLivesMatter is inclusive, where #BlackLivesMatter is exclusive...

Well....

There's no cure for koolaid.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Do you agree that blacks are incarcerated more often than other demographics?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That is not the point.

The point is, ALL LIVES MATTER. White, black, Latino, Asian, Purple, Crunchy, Male, Female, LGBT or Straight.

THAT IS WHAT MATTER. Yes, blacks have been unfairly incarcerated. But, All Lives Matter.

We all deserve dignity. We all deserve to be happy. We all deserve to be unjustly accused.
edit on 16-8-2015 by nullafides because: Added important emphasis.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The #alllivesmatter movement was started because people were offended at the #BLM movement. The truth is that if you can't accept that black lives matter, then you are def a racist. Of course everyones life matters but the #BLM is there to remind you that their lives matter just as much as yours. Do you agree that black lives matter?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join