It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech issues in the UK!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

As i have said it is down to being branded an extremist and that means coming up on the Government radar not just speaking ill of it.
And he is pointing out the process of how the Government can shut down your freedom of speech and the narratives they are using to get these policies forced onto the public.
He is not the first to point these things out there are quite a few videos by alternative news sources detailing the same.

edit on 15-8-2015 by southbeach because: video not working

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

As i have said it is down to being branded an extremist and that means coming up on the Government radar not just speaking ill of it.
And he is pointing out the process of how the Government can shut down your freedom of speech and the narratives they are using to get these policies forced onto the public.
He is not the first to point these things out there are quite a few videos by alternative news sources detailing the same.

www.youtube.com...

oh someone made a youtube videoabout it...so it must be true

yet he couldnt link to any law or legislation. again in his video he claims that those who speak out against the government are classed as domestic terrorists, yet here he is spreading his anti-government diatribe unchecked

im calling BS
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Take my silence for whatever you want. The reality of the situation is: some people just can't handle the truth, and will argue bitterly against it.

I don't waste my time on such futile arguments.

The real people know what time it is. They can see the writing on the wall.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

So, when are you leaving the UK?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah i'm daft like that i believe anything on video....

Here's how the powers are being abused.
www.theguardian.com...
www.theguardian.com...

This article talks about the legislature and note the words "the five-year anti-extremism strategy."
www.foreignaffairs.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Which has not much to do with the actual laws, right?

This article talks about the legislature and note the words "the five-year anti-extremism strategy."
Where's the part about free speech being illegal?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Yeah i'm daft like that i believe anything on video....

www.theguardian.com...
www.theguardian.com...

www.foreignaffairs.com...

im all for anything anti-extremist

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Take my silence for whatever you want. The reality of the situation is: some people just can't handle the truth, and will argue bitterly against it.

I don't waste my time on such futile arguments.

you dont waste your time with such futile arguments? but you rather make fantastical claims such as freedom of speech is now illegal in the UK....where i reside, and excersise my free speech ?

Gotcha....run ...enlighten the masses!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Phage
Can you provide the text of the law which has made free speech illegal in the UK?

They're hardly going to point blank write a law that emphatically states the illegality of free speech. That's not how they get down Phage.

If the government hate what you are saying, even though(or even because) it is the truth, then they can make it a crime for you to publicly state your views. Ipso facto; freedom of speech is now illegal for that person.

I'm quoting one of my comments from the first page simply for reiteration. You can argue all night that I'm wrong because there isn't a specific bit of legislation that emphatically states what I'm getting at. This doesn't change the reality of the situation which is this: Since 9/11 we have had increasingly tyrannical laws brought about, which when tallied up all together, can be used to bury anyone who tells the truth.

This has been building up for a while. Now they are changing the definition of words like extremism and terrorism so that truthers, whistleblowers and investigative journalists can be classed as threats to national security and can therefore be dealt with above the law.

If you are a classified as a terrorist you no longer have any rights. No right to fair trial, no right to legal representation, and you can be held indefinitely, tortured, and even killed, all under the radar.

People who tried to expose paedophile rings have been threatened and even killed. Jill Dando got shot in the face for trying to expose a paedophile ring in the BBC. Dan hale got threatened by special branch police for his investigative journalism into things like the Elm Tree guest house. Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning and more have been hunted down like dogs because they were blowing the whistle.

I can almost guarantee that I am classed as an extremist or worse by the GCHQ, purely for my videos about elite paedophile rings, but I'm not offering any information that isn't out there already and available if you look for it. If I had something that no one else had uncovered and I was making a video about it, you can bet that I would get a knock on my door.

Political dissidents, Whistleblowers, Investigative Journalists, Political activists, Truthers, all of these kinds of people will be targeted more and more in the coming years.

Everything I'm saying is, believe it or not, abundantly obvious. You just have to have the eyes to see it.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There never really was freedom of speech in the UK, at least, not as it's understood in the United States.

There is actually nothing like the Constitution or the Bill of Rights in the UK. The Magna Carta is somewhat of a bill of rights, but not really.

UK Police and UK Government have always had quite extensive powers, way more than their equivalents in the USA.

This new bill comes as no surprise.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

What new bill?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

What new bill?

right? where is it? its been like 4 hrs and still nada...zip....zilch

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It's China in fancy dress.

But unlike China the UK are forced to take in any and all under multiculturism.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

What new bill?

right? where is it? its been like 4 hrs and still nada...zip....zilch

Here.
www.independent.co.uk...

He said a new Extremist Bill would target radicals influencing people on all sides, including Islamists and the far-right, to stop them being able to "groom young people and brainwash their minds".

Camerons actua lwords.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Okay. I read the transcript. Did you? What you said are "his own words" aren't, except for a single phrase (out of context).
I can't seem to find the part about how criticizing the government qualifies one as an extremist. Nor can I see the part where free speech will be illegal.
edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What new bill?
what about the bill where the death penalty was took away for treason. Historic indeed.

Disregard

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where's the part about free speech being illegal?

If you take the time to watch the video by Paul Joseph watson i posted then you would see how freedom of speech is made illegal by somebody claiming offense.
The man in question quoted a speech by Winston Churchill on Islam during the 2nd World War and was thrown in Jail for it and could face two years,now if that's not a definition of freedom of speech being made illegal then i don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No. Weston was not jailed for quoting Churchill. Watson is wrong, Weston was arrested under Section 27 of the violent crime reduction act. Not section 4 of the public order act.

A Hampshire police spokesman said: “A 50-year-old man from Dorset was arrested outside Winchester Guildhall at approximately 2.30pm on Saturday April 26 after he failed to comply with a section 27 dispersal order.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Okay. I read the transcript. Did you? What you said are "his own words" aren't, except for a single phrase (out of context).
I can't seem to find the part about how criticizing the government qualifies one as an extremist. Nor can I see the part where free speech will be illegal.

I have shown video evidence whereby he aligns 911 truthers to Islamic terrorists and brands them as extremists in other words criticising the official Government narrative brands you an extremist.
He is bringing out a new extremist BILL using the 5 year anti extremist strategy.
Again in Paul Joseph Watsons video a man is arrested for exercising his freedom of speech and could face 2 years in jail so apparently it is illegal to express freedom of speech if somebody finds it offensive.
Honestly i don't know whether you are a wind up merchant or someone who is pedantic beyond all extreme.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I have shown video evidence whereby he aligns 911 truthers to Islamic terrorists
No. You haven't. You showed an out of context sound bite.

Again in Paul Joseph Watsons video a man is arrested for exercising his freedom of speech and could face 2 years in jail so apparently it is illegal to express freedom of speech if somebody finds it offensive

Again, Weston was not arrested for exercising his freedom of speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join