It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech issues in the UK!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TechUnique

So will you allow that UK laws can and perhaps even will be abused in the near future, as to allow the effective criminalisation of free speech?

Any law can be abused. That's where the court system comes into play.
But as has been repeatedly pointed out, free speech is not illegal in the UK.

What the guy below you said.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with UK law.
Unless you can point out that clause in it. The one that requires government sanction.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Am I an "extremists" for saying the moon landing was a hoax? Will I get arrested?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with UK law.
Unless you can point out that clause in it. The one that requires government sanction.

Look. Let's simplify this shall we.

Scenario: You say something that really pisses off the government and gets a lot of citizens riled up. The police slap an EDO (Extremist disruption order) on you. It's now illegal for you to speak freely in public or on the internet.

In this scenario your free speech is illegal. There's things you want to say but if you do then you will be criminally charged.

That is the whole point of this thread. Now admittedly, I could have chose a better title but I think most people got the point I was trying to make. I'm sure you got the point I was trying to make as well but we all know how nit picky you can be ol' Phagey poo

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So the point of the thread is that there is the potential for abuse of the legal system?
Wow. That's something I never thought of. Living here in 'merica, that is. But it's a far cry from what you've been saying so far.

Let me know when free speech is actually made illegal.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So the point of the thread is that there is the potential for abuse of the legal system?
Wow. That's something I never thought of. Living here in 'merica, that is. But it's a far cry from what you've been saying so far.

Let me know when free speech is actually made illegal.

You still don't get it.
It's a shame because I actually thought we were starting to get somewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Shame, I actually thought we were getting somewhere.

Funny, so did I.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Until next time Phage.
*Cue dramatic exit music*

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Here let me add the music for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Here let me add the music for you.

That's cute. Did you have that on standby or did you find it just especially for me?

It's always great to have you around monkeyboymanbearpig, as impish as you may be. I can't lie you do make me laugh.

But I still don't like you.

But you are funny.

I definitely don't like you though.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: noonebutme

Chowdry got arrested last week I cheered

I didn't know that -- but you've made me smile!!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

I'm not refusing anything. You either get the video or you don't. You either appreciate the gravity of the situation we are in or you don't.

On one side you've got people who take freedom of speech seriously and on the other side you've got false liberals who argue all day online over moot points.

no no. You said in your OP title (which has now changed I see) that Freedom of Speech is now illegal in the UK.

You provided a Youtube link which is just peoples' statements and opinions -- NONE of it is legal law or pointing to public, legal changes in our UK laws. Just people makes suppositions based on assumptions.

Based on the fact that you changed the OP title, makes me think you were only fishing for stars and flags - there are a few ATSers who actually live in ol Blightly (me for one) and there is NO change. Only to what I mentioned in my previous post - which isnt a change but a logical decision by ANYONE who values their lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Based on the fact that you changed the OP title, makes me think you were only fishing for stars and flags -

Don't forget the youtube hits.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A member of staff changed the thread title actually. You guys will pounce on anything and everything you can just to feel superior.

Quite sad really.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Am I an "extremists" for saying the moon landing was a hoax? Will I get arrested?

How many of you reside in the one body?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Based on the fact that you changed the OP title, makes me think you were only fishing for stars and flags -

Don't forget the youtube hits.

Well gee you got me Phage. How could I ever manage without those 50 or so extra hits.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
They don't hurt.
Do they?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

They don't hurt.
Do they?

No they don't. But they also aren't worth writing a thread and arguing over. When I upload a new video I usually get 50 hits within the first 10 minutes or so.

If I was just here posting these threads for self promotion then it would be a huge waste of time compared to the amount of hits I could get through targeted Facebook sharing.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Oh, and for the record. I've been on this site 5-6 years and I've only had my YouTube channel nearly a year. I was contributing way before I started posting my own videos. My flag count speaks for itself.

This site is built on user generated content so I don't understand why everyone is crying about it.

EDIT TO ADD: I must have had 100 threads on the front page over time. I have a couple of friends who have randomly searched a topic and found my thread(s) on Google. Who knows how much traffic I've brought to the site. Perhaps more than what I've had in views from ATS.

EDIT TO ADD AGAIN: And yes, I do want a cookie Phage.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join