It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The owls are not what they seem.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sometimes, just sometimes, an owl statue is just an owl statue.

Has is occurred to anyone, that this sort of reaction is just what they were looking for? To draw even more people in?

Some of those statues are just incredible looking.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Beware of those who claim to speak for or represent the Illuminati
We have many enemies that wish to undermine us

Such videos are not put out by the Illuminati and as such are fake as are the claims of nefarious activities

For verification visit the website

Freedom is a false ideal
Are you free to murder or steal
Non truly want chaos
The Universal Design is that of order, peace and co operation with the welfare of All in mind
All are their own sovereign in reality
A beggar is equal to a King but for belief ... every child born breathes the same air
Money only has the value that you invest belief into
It is but paper or digits on a screen

Again just because many conspiracy sites and videos claim the Illuminati is behind all that ails the world does not make it true

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you for making sense
Yes sometimes an Owl is just an Owl or an artists imagination at work
These owls are stunning and worthy of praise rather than looking for some perceived ill intent

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Thank you for making sense
Yes sometimes an Owl is just an Owl or an artists imagination at work
These owls are stunning and worthy of praise rather than looking for some perceived ill intent

I can tell you as a former Art History minor and Fine Art major, every piece of notable art is examined for its historical significance, meaning, artist-intent, and artist-influence. Art, indeed, has profound thought behind it. Serious artists pore over their work. It does not just 'happen' to look like it does, by chance. And anyone seriously critiquing art considers a three-dimensional piece from 360° and in context of its setting.
edit on 16-8-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Of course there's always deeper meaning, but seldom is it nefarious, as some here are trying to portray.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Sometimes, just sometimes, an owl statue is just an owl statue.

Has is occurred to anyone, that this sort of reaction is just what they were looking for? To draw even more people in?

Some of those statues are just incredible looking.

Indeed, they are very incredible looking -- that didn't just happen by coincidence.

Keep in mind, a blank white owl-canvas statue was what each artist was given to start. So these artists did not come up with the owl idea themselves -- they attached ideas to it. Moreover, the artists were selected, it wasn't random. And the owl is a very significant symbol of secret societies and of esoteric knowledge. I feel like we have been given a glimpse into what the symbol means.

As an artist, myself, I know I've spent countless hours fine-tuning the most minute detail of a piece to get it to say exactly what I want it to say.

I cannot do the same with words, but I can with visual imagery.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am an artist and understand the deeper meanings but find no ill intent
Yet most of the public will see the artistic owls as artistic owls and enjoy them

As Seagull stated ... it is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Of course there's always deeper meaning, but seldom is it nefarious, as some here are trying to portray.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

I think nearly every artist is drawn to the nefarious, perverse, shocking, political, personal, affronting...etc...

What leapt to my mind as I typed that is Heironymous Bosch's 'The Garden of Earthly Delights.' There is a man impaled in the as$ by an arrow as he boards the Ship of Fools.

Keep in mind the work was done around 1490 and yet the imagery is centuries ahead of its time.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

As an artist, myself, I know I've spent countless hours fine-tuning the most minute detail of a piece to get it to say exactly what I want it to say.

I am the same yet understand that each viewer takes their own meaning regardless of the artist's intent

People generally love Owls and yes it is common to associate the Owl with wisdom

In reality an Owl is an Owl and symbolic of itself
A rose is a rose yet associated with love but in reality a rose is a rose

Symbols contain knowledge only for those who are looking for it
Mostly the public cares little for esoteric meanings

edit on 16-8-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am an artist and understand the deeper meanings but find no ill intent
Yet most of the public will see the artistic owls as artistic owls and enjoy them

As Seagull stated ... it is in the eye of the beholder

Ill intent? I don't see ill-intent in the art decorating the owls. I see an opportunity to see what's in front of our faces. The ill-intentions come from elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Kind of off topic a little bit, or maybe just tangentially on topic... Whichever.

How often, when you show, do people completely miss your intent? I mean wildly off the mark? I'm not an artist, though I delude myself into thinking I can write...so I'm curious.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I was not referring to you personally regarding ill intent

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am the same yet understand that each viewer takes their own meaning regardless of the artist's intent

People generally love Owls and yes it is common to associate the Owl the wisdom

In reality an Owl is an Owl and symbolic of itself
A rose is a rose yet associated with love but in reality a rose is a rose

Symbols contain knowledge only for those who are looking for it
Mostly the public cares little for esoteric meanings

C'est ne pas une pipe.

This is not a pipe -- it is a picture of a pipe.

The owl is the canvas and the artists have been selected for whatever reason. Each owl is has an incredible amount of thought, planning, and work put into its final design. Each owl is placed purposely in a spot at which it will be displayed. Each artist is influenced uniquely.

All of these ideas can/will/should be analyzed and each carries some revelation about each piece. As do the titles.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

As an artist I have studied symbols, astronomy, mythology, hidden knowledge, sacred geometry etc
I use these as tools to express ideas
When exhibiting I find it fascinating to hear what others think they mean
And Yes a lot are wildly off the mark of my intent but I like that each sees in their own way
edit on 16-8-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Kind of off topic a little bit, or maybe just tangentially on topic... Whichever.

How often, when you show, do people completely miss your intent? I mean wildly off the mark? I'm not an artist, though I delude myself into thinking I can write...so I'm curious.

I haven't shown in years. I make my living now as a print graphic designer. And my intent becomes so clear in graphic design, that I am sometimes asked to change things because it is not the project manager's vision.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Sure ... I agree ... I look at the deeper implications
I was just pointing out that mostly the public see things on face value

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sure ... I agree ... I look at the deeper implications
I was just pointing out that mostly the public see things on face value

I'll agree, but we often share common interpretations. Like the Owl done in the etched, dark green scrollish style of U.S. currency, covered in 'financial' terms and phrases, and ultimately placed in front of an obelisk reminiscent of a miniature Washington Monument.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One day, my log will have something to say about this.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

There seems to be a false notion and miscomprehension as to what anarchy is. It is not chaos.

Again you avoided the questions I asked. And I have the moral responsibility to let people know to beware of your organization, as a possible trap.

You may be in it for the preservation of the species, but I am in it for the preservation of the souls. But I do have one more question for you.

What role, does Yah shu ah play in your organization and what comes to your mind with regards of the King James Bible?

edit on th2015000000Sundayth000000Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:48:33 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 16 Aug 2015 15:48:33 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Yes I do understand and agree true Anarchy is not chaos
Unfortunately it is associated with chaos in the minds of the general public

There is much historical evidence that Jesus existed and also his name was changed as were his teachings by those who wished to control the masses

But getting back to the topic of the thread ... what has this got to do with Owls

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join