It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This story has been published in several British newspapers this week.
I'll post the link to the least right-wing paper

here

I know there have been a few threads on Edgar Mithcell before but it sounds credible to me and fits in with all the other witness testimonies about missile testing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

Apollo veteran says UFOs came in peace on a mission to stop humanity destroying itself

That's the entire article from what I've seen. Did I miss something?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

They want me to take a survey before I can read the article and I'm not doing it because I am stubborn that way.

I believe him. Here's another article.

www.rt.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

You did miss something. You must answer a survey question (just 1) to access the full article.

To the OP,

My favorite UFO stories come from ex military who were attached to nuclear weapon silos and their stories of UFOs shutting down said nukes.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You can't go messin' wit demand aliens paydirt! Can't be salting the plain, now can you? It's counter productive! Aliens need income too, you know?

But I guess a highly advanced race, capable of transversing stars couldn't figure out how to make a tractor beam, disarm ballistic missles remotely, harness the EMP, or contain harmful radiation that their ships convect.

Sounds like another amazing alien race that figured out all the mysteries of physics, but still needs to come to Earth to abduct humans for genetic material for their survival, because they fell asleep in biology....
edit on 14-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Although he's attracted some scorn for these ideas, they're just the outcome of his experiences and things people have told him. He's arrived at the idea through rational thinking even though most people would not share his conclusions through rational thinking.

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger. They might have shown some disapproval for the killing fields of Cambodia or the sickening deaths of those in Rwanda. And *if* these guys are only looking after America, they sure screwed up when the towers came down!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Has it ever crossed your mind that they might not be here for humanitarian reasons but something bigger.
Don't personally believe anything can travel the stars without leaving a signature/evidence.
I also don't believe they would be interested in a backward suicidal, death obsessed race of animals like us. We really are arrogant and dont deserve our place at the top of the food chain.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

A lot of things cross my mind thank you.

'Friendly aliens' doesn't tend to be one of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
I agree but when thinking with an open mind then they are not beyond the bounds of probability just beyond the grounds of comprehension.
At this moment in our time

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Interesting he would say this now.

Tell me when they get into the Nazi stuff then I'll listen.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
they may have intervened ... but .. i very much doubt thay 'came here' for that reason ....
i think its more likely they were already here ... have been for a very long time ...

in fact ... for all their likely interventions .. i very much doubt theyre just showing up from time to time and tweaking things, just in the nick of time ... they are here always .. and who knows exactly how much they tweak things .. as they mainly operate from the shadows ...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Although he's attracted some scorn for these ideas, they're just the outcome of his experiences and things people have told him. He's arrived at the idea through rational thinking even though most people would not share his conclusions through rational thinking.

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger. They might have shown some disapproval for the killing fields of Cambodia or the sickening deaths of those in Rwanda. And *if* these guys are only looking after America, they sure screwed up when the towers came down!

Not even my smart butt could add more to this....

Basically summed up not only "rational" thinking, but also how his "conclusions" came about.....

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger.

Wonder why that is again......?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Maybe there only concerned with the whole, rather than the individual.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
While I don't necessarily believe aliens are here, it's fun theorizing. My theory is that they don't come from the stars, but that they occupy the same space we do, just in a different dimension. Maybe they don't give two hoots whether we kill ourselves off or not, but maybe a bunch of nuclear bombs going off in our dimension somehow negatively affects their dimension.

Or, maybe it's all a bunch of hogwash... I loved reading about all the high strangeness from John Keel books. Entertaining stuff!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The only think that's new to me is that he was told many test missiles were 'shot' down'. Most of the rest is really what he has said before, but that does include missiles disabled in their silos.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think this part of the article sums it up:

We asked Nick Pope, a former Ministry of Defence UFO researcher, whether he believed Mitchell's claims.

"Edgar Mitchell is an honourable and truthful man, who I've had the privilege of meeting," he said.

"But so far as I'm aware, most of his information on this issue comes not from things he's experienced himself, but from things he's been told by others.

Sounds like he's just reaching a conclusion from stories he has heard.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Basically summed up not only "rational" thinking, but also how his "conclusions" came about.....

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger.

Because the aliens don't really believe in PNAC.
The aliens are more about the NWO and having the earth "come together" and focus more on building spaceships and leaving than killing each other over imaginary gods and useless money.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Maybe. Maybe...

Then again, has 'the whole' improved in a measurable way since UFOs upped their profile in the 1940s? We've had two nukes on Japan, endless war since WW2 and millions of refugees, migrants and deaths from poverty and conflict. With the climate changing too, humanity's place on this beautiful world is heading somewhere uncertain.

Healthcare has improved 'the whole' to the point we're living longer as a species, but it'd take some hand-waving to credit that to 'friendly aliens.'

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Because the aliens don't really believe in PNAC.
The aliens are more about the NWO and having the earth "come together" and focus more on building spaceships and leaving than killing each other over imaginary gods and useless money.

You just said imaginary gods.....Aren't you guys calling Aliens just that? Maybe I am lost but this is about Aliens saving humans....Okay, show me one alien and I will show you God immediately following...

Cyclical argument here.....NWO, spaceships....Leave that crap out next reply if you would....Thx

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Maybe there only concerned with the whole, rather than the individual.

Where did you get that from? Just speculation? Where are they? Why haven't we seen these aliens anywhere, UFO's, etc...What are they waiting for? You think they will show up for a global catastrophe? They said screw Hiroshima, not big enough, Nagasaki who cares? Fukishima, not a big deal... They are waiting for that one time to show up though.....Sure
edit on 8/14/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join