It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven heads, ten horns, four beasts: A million interpretations but only one Biblical answer.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are literally millions of attempted interpretations for the prophecies in Daniel 7&11, Ezekiel 38&39, and Revelation 13&17. These involve the four beastly nations in Daniel 7, the King of the North in Daniel 11, Gog of Magog in Ezekiel 38&39, and the seven-headed dragon with ten horns in Revelation 13&17.

How do we figure this mess out? By understanding that each prophet (Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, John) existed in different times and geopolitical circumstances. By keeping this in mind, you can consolidate symbols that share the same or very similar characteristics.

Lets start with the Seven-headed dragon. To nail down our first reference point, we can know that the location of Myster Babylon is Nineveh. You can easily figure this out by comparing Zephania 2:13-15 with Isaiah 47:7-8 and Revelation 18:7-8.

Zeph 2:13-15 And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness. And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work. This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.

Isa 47:7-8 And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever: so that thou didst not lay these things to thy heart, neither didst remember the latter end of it. Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children: 

Rev 18:7-8 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

I think those three scriptures make it clear that Nineveh is Mystery Babylon.

So, what about the seven heads? Well, Rev 17:10 clearly states that "the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits", but those mountains are symbolic just as the woman is. Revelation 17:10 continues to say that the seven mountains are literally kings: five are fallen, one is existing during John's time, and the seventh king will rule for a very brief period. Then the 8th king will come, but he will be one of the seven. He will be the Beast that is known to many as the Antichrist.

Each king has a kingdom, so lets identify these 7 Heads:
1) Babel under Nimrod
2) Assyria under Sargon II
3) Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar
4) Medo-Persia under Artaxerxes II
5) Seleucia under Antiochus Epiphanes
6) Rome under Domitian
7) Future interim king

8) Nimrod revived as Adonikam (means: god rises).

In the book of Ezra, the number of Adonikam's sons are 666. Therefore the number of Adonikam's name (those who bare his name as his children) is 666. Nimrod will rise from the Abyss and claim to be the risen god...Adonikam. We will know him as Apollyon.

Notice that these 7 kingdoms all ruled over the exact same land. From Babel to Rome, its been one beast after another, dominating Mesopotamia.

For Isaiah it was revived Babylon. For Zephaniah and Micha it was revived Assyria and the Land of Nimrod. For Daniel it was revived Persia and Seleucia, and for John, it was revived Rome.

The truth is, the kingdom of the Beast will be revived Mesopotamia.

edit on 11-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 11-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: double post

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Part 2: The ten horns.

Daniel 7:9 & vs19-20 tells us all about the 10 horns. Each of the ten horns are kings, and an eleventh boastful horn (the Beast) will arise and create a 10-Nation federation with the other horns. At some point, he will take power from three of the 10 horns and up-root them.

The best place to start for this interpretation is Ezekiel 38&39. In Ezekiel 38, we see that 7 nations join together in a valley (Megiddo) in Northern Israel (the unwalled Kingdom) for a surprise attack. The nations listed in Ezekiel are Gomer, Meshekh, Beth-Togarmah, and Tubal all from Magog (Turkey)...Kush and Put (Ethiopia and Somalia) from Africa...and lesser Persia (Iran). Gog was an ancient militant leader of the land called Magog. In this case, the bible is attributing Gog's characteristics to the Beast as the Rosh-prince or head prince of these 7 nations. To narrow down the timing, we know that this happens hours or minutes before Jesus returns since the destruction of Gog and his forces in Ezek 38:21-23 matches the description of Jesus' Return to the Valley of Megiddo. Ezekiel 39 places the battle in a valley.

So, if Ezekiel 38 describes the final battle before Jesus' return, who are the three up-rooted horns, and when did it happen?

The three up-rooted horns are Edom, Ammon, and Moab. Their place in the Beast's kingdom will be usurped by the King of the North/Antichrist/Gog when he invades the King of the South, but ultimately a remnant of the three nations will be delivered. This is detailed in Daniel 11:41. Again, we see that Kush and Put are involved.

So there it is, the Ten Horns are:
1) Meshekh (in Turkey)
2) Gomer (in Turkey)
3) Beth-Togarmah (in Turkey)
4) Tubal (in Turkey)

5) Kush (Ethiopia)
6) Put (Somalia)

7) Lesser Persia (Iran)

8) Edom (in Jordan)
9) Ammon (in Jordan)
10) Moab (in Jordan)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I always figured that the kingdom of the AC would start out in the ME. The idea of the Catholic church, Washington DC, or London being the seat of Satan is ludicrous in my opinion. Especially when in Revelation 2:12 we are told “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘I know your works, and where you dwell... where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to my name, and did not deny my faith even in the days in which Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.'" Pergamum is in Turkey. The seat of Satan was also known as the Temple of Jupiter/Zeus. It was on display in Berlin for quite a while.

Is it coincidence that President Obama was inaugurated in Denver with a replica of the temple as a setting?

Maybe. Maybe not. I think it was a mis-direction tactic, to keep the 'wanna-be' prophets (read profits) attention on the 'EVIL USA', Especially since there are rumblings of the caliph being renewed.
‘The caliph is coming, get ready,’ pro-Erdogan Turkish politician tweets
Another thing i find interesting is that The number of the beast (666) in Greek, is very similar to "in the name of Allah" in Arabic.

Good thread, great subject.

ps hop this is not too far OT

edit on 20152015-08-11T18:03:22-05:002015-08-11T18:03:22-05:00Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:03:22 -0500America/Chicago2231 by occrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 20152015-08-11T18:06:44-05:002015-08-11T18:06:44-05:00Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:06:44 -0500America/Chicago4431 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
oops, double post

edit on 20152015-08-11T18:01:28-05:002015-08-11T18:01:28-05:00Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:01:28 -0500America/Chicago2831 by occrest because: double post

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Im glad you enjoyed it. Stick around, I have part 3 coming up.

Yeah I'm so sick of hearing "the Revived Roman Empire this..." or "the Roman Catholic Church that...". No!!! If you want the answers to the mysteries in Revelation, you look toward the Old Testament. Revelation was designed to tie the OT and NT together as one unified and complete codex.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Finally, part 3...the Four Beasts.

Daniel 7 gives us a very perplexing mystery...one that I just recently began to understand. I recommend reading the entire chapter several times for context.

So Daniel 7 gives us the description of four different Beastly nations/kingdoms. While many have understood them to be past historical empires, I believe they will all be contemporary to each other when the Antichrist appears. I believe this because of Daniel 7:11-12.

I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
One of these kingdoms will be destroyed forever, but the other three will have their lives extented for the Millennial reign of Christ. If these are kingdoms that have been burried in time, how can they have their lives extended? All four must exist together during the end times.

Now, the description and interpretation of the Beasts.

1) Is a lion with the wings of an eagle. The wings are plucked off and it is made to stand up like a man and it is given the mind of a man.

I believe this is Edom, Ammon, and Moab as a region. They are three of the 10 Horns, therefore they are as violent as a lion and arrogant as a high flying eagle. The King of the North will take their power (plucking the wings) and God will deliver them, giving the lion the mind of a civilized man.

2) Is a bear raised up on one side with three ribs in its mouth. It is told to "Arise and devour much meat".
I believe this is the region of Kush and Put (Ethiopia and Somalia). Put once had control of parts of Libya, but the bear is raised up on one side, so I'm guessing Somalia (since its under Ethiopia). In Daniel 11:43, they are behind the King of the North, following at his feet in attacking Edom, Moab, and Ammon which I believe are the three ribs. With the King of the North, they succeed in destroying Egypt.

3) Is a leopard with four bird wings and four heads. Dominion was given to it.
I believe this winged leopard is the region of Magog (Turkey). Its four heads are its four nations: Meshekh, Gomer, Beth-Togarmah, and Tubal. They too are arrogant as indicated by the wings, and they are given dominion by the Antichrist.

4) This final beast is different. It is cursed above all others. It has iron teeth and the power to trample the world. It also has 10 Horns.
This is Revived Mesopotamia. Daniel would have known it as Medo-Persia, but others know it as Assyria, Babel, Rome, Seleucia, or Babylon. This kingdom takes control of the united 10 Nation Federation seen in Revelation 13. When it is destroyed it will never rise again.

So, if you have been paying close attention, you'll notice that the four beast are the regional homes of the 10 Horns.

The Winged Lion (Jordan) makes three horns:
1) Ammon
2) Edom
3) Moab
The Hungry Bear (Northeastern Africa) makes two horns:
4) Kush
5) Put
The Winged Leopard with Four heads (Magog/Turkey) makes four horns:
6) Meshekh
7) Gomer
8) Tubal
9) Beth-Togarmah
And the Beast with Iron Teeth makes the 10th horn that is ruled by the little 11th horn who is the Antichrist/Gog/King of the North/Apollyon/the Assyrian/the Babylonian. He has many titles:
10) Revived Mesopotamia with Nineveh/Mystery Babylon as its capital.

Ten nations from four regions (North, South, East, West), ruled by one revived ancient king.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting thread and background, now I am awaiting your final hypothesis. Or was it just laying out an argument without anything further?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Similar to Walid Shoebat's views. If you have not seen his work, check it out and there are many Youtube videos.

shoebat.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am not a member of any one religion .Some religions do mirror each other in end - times prophecies. However most that do state do not be concerned with these , only of what is to come. In other words , some were written in a way in which you would only be sure of their meaning at the time. Up till then , we can only guess.....

The wise will know , the watchers will alert.......
edit on 11-8-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

Well, on the subject matter of the Seven-headed dragon with 10 horns, the four beasts of Daniel 7 and the Ezekiel 38 battle, this is my unified hypothesis. If you study Christian prophecy, you'll notice that there is little to no agreement between the various denominations on these subjects. I believe that the Bible holds the answers to all of its mysteries. You just have to know how to integrate the data.

My line of thinking on this subject is probably rejected by 90% of Christian Theologians, yet I drew 100% of my conclusions from the Bible alone.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've never heard of him, but will check it out. Its good to know that others share similar views. I put this together through prayer and study. No recycled theology here.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

OP, I read some stuff a time ago about how a lot of the scripture in Revelations just symbolizes whats goin on in the temple, or, human body. For example: The seven kingdoms = the seven chakras. I dont remember much else, but I found it to be interesting. Have you given that angle some thought?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

I dont deny the existence of chakras, but I also dont mess with them. The bible doesn't give us intruction on how to manipulate our charkras, so I dont make assumptions about them. My guess is they might be a way for the Holy Spirit to operate through the body as a temple, but if you dont believe that Christ paid for your sins, then the Holy Spirit is not in you. So that leaves your body and soul wide open for demons. I know some who lost his mind to demonism because of meditation and chakra manipulation. Its hard to think about and it comes with potential dangers.

If you could give me an example of what you mean, I can provide a better answer. But the 7 kingdoms of the Dragon are evil kingdoms that are controlled by Satan. To compare those the chakras of the body would be to xall the body the temple of Satan.
edit on 11-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
oh come now, we all know what we're really dealing with here...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
How do you explain Jeremiah chapter 50 ?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting thread op . Chris White has a good study on the subject . Worth checking out as he does compare the many thought's on the subject /

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
do you think john could have just been writting a "political commentary" (with allusions, metaphors, similes' etc) on the "7 hills" [(rome is built on 7 hills..... and it is also his oppressor (john wrote this book in a prison on the island of patmos)]......

also

if you reverse apollyon..... noy llopa...... it translates (in hebrew) to noy-"beautiful"(whose "hebrew" number happens to be 66) and llopa-"avarice" which means "an extreme greed for wealth or material gain."

so i am pretty sure john was saying (in allegories...etc as the rest of his book was) that....

"THE ANTICHRIST ARE THOSE WHO THINK GREED IS BEAUTIFUL"

as much as i would LOVE to see a physical being who would fulfill the role of god, crack the earth open, pull out the embodiment of evil (the devil) and beat his ass all over this blue sphere until there was not enough evil on earth for there to be discussions such as these........... i just don't think it's in the cards. we are on our own and i believe god has made this clear........

wait til you hear what i think the father, and the son are in reality. supervenience is a push in the right direction....
edit on 12-8-2015 by fixitwcw because: inclusion

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Seeing the Bible deals mainly with Jerusalem ,The Holy Land and surrounding Nations it is more then likely not referring to Rome .This is a good read to take into consideration on the subject of seven hills .

" But strange as it may seem, the City of Jerusalem as it existed in the time of Christ Jesus was also reckoned to be the "City of Seven Hills." This fact was well recognized in Jewish circles. In the Pirke de-Rabbi Eliezer, an 8th century midrashic narrative (section 10), the writer mentioned without commentary (showing that the understanding was well known and required no defense) that "Jerusalem is situated on seven hills" (recorded in The Book of Legends, edited by Bialik and Ravnitzky, p. 371, paragraph 111). And, so it was. Those "seven hills" are easy to identify.
If one starts with the Mount of Olives just to the east of the main City of Jerusalem (but still reckoned to be located within the environs of Jerusalem), there are three summits to that Mount of Olives:

The northern summit (hill) is called Scopus [Hill One],

The middle summit (hill) was called Nob [Hill Two],

The highest point of Olivet itself, and the southern summit (hill) was called in the Holy Scriptures the "Mount of Corruption" or "Mount of Offence" [Hill Three] (II Kings 23:13).

On the middle ridge between the Kedron and the Tyropoeon Valleys there was (formerly) in the south "Mount Zion" [Hill Four] (the original "Mount Zion" and not the later southwest hill that was later called by that name),

The "Ophel Mount" [Hill Five],

To the north of that the "Rock" around which "Fort Antonia" was built [Hill Six],

And finally, there was the southwest hill itself [Hill Seven] that finally became known in the time of Simon the Hasmonean as the new "Mount Zion."

This makes "Seven Hills" in all. www.askelm.com...

This along with other seven hilled places are looked at .

eta....

There is a larger look on the seven mountains of God that Micheal Heiser takes up that is a good read .Remember that Moses Meets God on Mount Sinai .There is a larger group of Holy Mountains that can be looked into from ancient time .

drmsh.com...
"Enoch’s description is actually a striking description of the “world tree” mythology – that the dome over the top of the earth was held up by a huge tall tree (or mountain), which went through the center of the earth, and down into the abyss (note the abyss [“chasm” language in the above citation). The stones of fire = the cosmic mountain, the place where heaven and earth meet, where the gods (or in this case, the God of Israel) lives and renders judgment. At the bottom of that mountain, in its deep recesses, the sons of God who committed the sin of Genesis 6 are kept imprisoned (read on to 1 Enoch 19:1ff.). This has nothing to do with outer space.

There is a pile of material written on this passage and its associated topics. The best books is: Kelley Coblentz Bautch, A Study of the Geography of 1 Enoch 17-19: ‘No One Has Seen What I Have Seen’ (Leiden: E. J. Brill, 2003). It is very expensive and very technical. Likewise for the discussion of the passages cited above in the best 1 Enoch commentary in print, George Nickelsburg’s (cited below in footnote 3).

Luckily, Google Books allows a preview of some pages in Bautch’s book. I was able to piece together screen shots of 12 pages corresponding to the above discussion. Since these pages are available to public viewing on the web, I felt I could PDF them for you all and link to them HERE. www.michaelsheiser.com...
edit on 12-8-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Revelation (*like everything else in the Bible*) is just poorly translated. I've corrected it for you below.

REVELATION 13:1

And shall be witnessed a uprising amongst the population of the world, focusing their frustration and aggression on the (self-appointed) elite, and those who Govern their lives.

And from this shall they come to vent their frustration and aggression (lash out) against all of the elite prominent powers, and those leading them who have forgotten their purpose (to the people).

Kephalas hepta/κεφαλὰς ἑπτά: Seven heads, means 'Governs lives'

Diademata/διαδήματα, Lamp-posts of order. Illuminated/prominent powers)

Blasphemias: Forgeting of purpose.

Kerata/κέρατα: Focus of frustration

Keraton/κεράτων: Focus of attack (Venting of frustration)
edit on 12-8-2015 by SONOFTHEMORNING because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join