It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven heads, ten horns, four beasts: A million interpretations but only one Biblical answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alonzo730

Daniel 11:44"But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many."

Revelation 17:16 "And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire."

Both of these verses seem to confirm the destruction of Babylon by the 10 horns, but I don't know how it will happen. Daniel 11 seems to indicate that it will happen after the covenant with Israel is violated, so maybe as the Beast abandons Nineveh for Jerusalem, a sort of rebellion stirs up in Nineveh. Upon hearing the rumors, the Beast leaves the Kingdom of the South, destroys Nineveh/Babylon, and redirects the 7 remaining horns to Megiddo for the final battle.

Its a lot of action packed in a very short period of time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

BELIEVERpriest,

Thank you SO much for these posts and answers!! The first time I really tried to get into studying Revelations, it turned my head around faster than Linda Blair in "The Exorcist"! It was a really confusing book for me - especialy when someone such as myself has grown up in a place where there are different beliefs about Jesus's Secong Coming. Some believe in a "pre-trib" rapture; some believe in a mid-trib rapture; and some believe (like my former pastor) in a "post-Tribulation" rapture of the church and it's saints.

Myself? I fully believe in God - however, I stopped attending church two years ago after being hurt by so many in the church who call themselves Christians but don't "practice what they preach".

I look forward to more on this subject, if you plan to continue. Also, you're welcome to add me as a friend on here.

God bless,
Tony

edit on 12-8-2015 by tonytrout1976 because: mis-spelled a word.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I gave you the correct translation.

Read it and understand how stupid a debate over the beasts is, when there is actually no reference to 'beasts' in the correctly translated texts. It is just bad translation.

Babel is BIBLE.

If you hate Babylon, you hate the Bible. They are the same thing.

You can't have it both ways.
edit on 12-8-2015 by SONOFTHEMORNING because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you are a true 'BELIEVER' then you should be ashamed of yourself promoting fear or hatred towards the KING OF THE BIBLE.

The Church is the true evil. And all their 'pets'. The Priests, Bishops and Cardinals.

All just pets. Ants in an ant farm. Pathetic.
edit on 12-8-2015 by SONOFTHEMORNING because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SONOFTHEMORNING
I gave you the correct translation.

Read it and understand how stupid a debate over the beasts is, when there is actually no reference to 'beasts' in the correctly translated texts. It is just bad translation.

Babel is BIBLE.

If you hate Babylon, you hate the Bible. They are the same thing.

You can't have it both ways.

I never heard of what you're 'translating'. Sources?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SONOFTHEMORNING
If you are a true 'BELIEVER' then you should be ashamed of yourself promoting fear or hatred towards the KING OF THE BIBLE.

The Church is the true evil. And all their 'pets'. The Priests, Bishops and Cardinals.

All just pets. Ants in an ant farm. Pathetic.

Wow... that took a serious turn FAST.

How about building your own informative thread? You can't claim "correct translations" with no source then bash the OP because you believe his is incorrect and that he's trashing the bible. That's not how it works.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SONOFTHEMORNING

Im afraid you're just a little too enlightened for us simpletons here. Why don't you start your own thread on how you are the only bastion of truth left in this world of mistranslated darkness? You might find the person that cares over there.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tonytrout1976

You are very welcome. Don't give up on church, just ask God to guide you to the right church, and whenever you pray or study, use 1 John 1:9 to refress your spirit so that the Holy Spirit can guide you. I believe we are approaching the end, so a stagnation of the Church is to be expected. Keep your eyes on God and encourage your brothers and sisters when needed.

Im tackling Alonzo's excellent question about Jeremiah 50, so I might start a new thread on that once I've figured it out. Till then, I hope the discussion will continue in this thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

so where's the biblical answer??

Cos your post is just another post-biblical interpretation as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

The biblical answer is to consolidate the symbols where they fit: Gog/King of the North/the Beast from the Abyss/Apollyon. The Battle of Megiddo/Magog campaign. Myster Babylon/the Harlot/Nineveh/the Babylon of Iaiah 47.

Hopefully you get the picture. Rather than looking to modern geopolitical circumstances for answers, us the OT prophecies to make a composite picture.

Is this interpretation? Yes. Is it biblically founded? I would say more so than most other interpretations.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

that's not a biblical answer though - that is people making the bible fit their own ideas.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

that's not a biblical answer though - that is people making the bible fit their own ideas.

He's not making it FIT anything... He's just connecting the dots to what the OT ALREADY SAYS!

Jeeze... Troll much?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

wow. alot of work. i commend you for your persistence.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
After taking a very close look at Jeremiah 50&51, Isaiah 14, 46, 47&48, and Revelation 17,18,&19 its clear to me that the King of Mystery Babylon/Nineveh is not the Beast from the Abyss or the False Prophet. It seems that Babylon has a hand in controlling/riding the Beast, therefore the Beast and his 10 Horns turn against Mystery Babylon some time near the end.

Who is this mysterious King of Babylon, and why does he rule over the kings of the earth rather than the Beast himself?

So far, I see 3 main characters:

1) Apollyon/Beast of the Abyss/Gog/King of the North/The Assyrian/Adonikam
2) The False Prophet/Beast from the earth
3) The King of Babylon

Its interesting to note that Isaiah 14 calls the King of Babylon by the title Heillel ben Shehhar or Lucifer. Then he goes on to prophecy the judgement against the Assyrian (Beast of the Abyss).

This adds a new twist to the 70th Week narrative.
edit on 13-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Interesting discussion. America seems to be the most powerful nation that was ever on this planet. Very controlling, and agressive. I have always thought Gog Of Maygog refered to the founders of Russia. The woman riding the beast... the whore... drunk on the blood of Christians, as the world system. Lots of interesting things coming up in September, including the blood moons, Popes visit to address congress,perhaps we will see something soon. I have suspected that this pope is the false prophet for some time now, no offence intended toward Catholics.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
you should read a book called footsteps of the Messiah by arnold g fruchtenbaum. he is a messianic Jew. ive read this book 11 times it is so intriguing. a prophetic guide to the endtimes. great post and i do see walids views here also btw. outstanding!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the thread. For a long time, I used to think that Russia was the land of Magog, but in just recently years, I believe they've discovered ancient Assyrian documents which identify Magog with Turkey. This would be fitting since both Isaiah 14 and Micha identify the Beast from the Abyss with an Assyrian king. Magog has the task of invading the unwalled Northern Kingdom of Israel without warning. It would be much easier for Turkey to do this than Russia.

Im not big on the blood moons, a literal reading of the OT Hebrew seems to indicate that the Biblical calendar is Solar only, rather than Lunisolar. In my opinion, prophecy will kick off in September of 2016, not 2015. Thats a different subject though. Read my thread entitled The 12/21/2012 Red Herring for more info.

I think there is a good chance that the Pope may be the false prophet. The vatican already has control over certain areas of Jerusalem, especially parts of the old Temple location.

Its good to here from a fellow believer.
edit on 15-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added link

edit on 15-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: second link

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyIsaacs

Thanks, I'm always looking for a good book.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply. I am Armenian. My grandfather was born near the base of Mount Ararat in Turkey in 1900. His great uncle was minister of finance for Turkey. My Grandfather and his Mother fled Turkey in 1910 after prophesy was given in a Christian tent meeting that warned of the Armenian holocaust years befor it occured. My family has always put alot of stock in Biblical prophesy, and for good reason.

Tony: I just watched an hour and a half long sermon by a minister named Hessler about footsteps of the Messiah. Lots of old testament information pertaining to Christ. Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You have a very interesting story. I'm glad your family was able to escape the violence in Turkey. I too follow prophecies, spoken by a modern prophetess named Iris Nasreen. According to her, Jesus will return on an unknown day and hour in 2023, to establish His Millennial kingdom. I discovered her shortly after coming to the same conclusion independently. That give the Church until September of 2016 to finish maturing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join