It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange find from Sumeria...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok at first I was thinking Layden jars, but then the portable water tanks make perfect sense as a copper container is more ornate and would be better than lead as well as being a very heavy standard bearer. Then after scrutinizing the pictures some more I realized something:

They were obviously making these things as thresholds or "stargates", but maybe not in the sense you are thinking of. I don't know if they had access to liquid mercury like the Egyptians but maybe that's what the guy with the "mouthpiece" is filling in the core or it could even be water. I remember the archaelogists dismissing the layden jars as electroplates or if a battery just a "curious" device with no real value. But since these things could possibly be the same thing yet take up a room TESLA COILS comes to mind. What if an electrical charge was ran through it either through static or chemical means and all of a sudden when you're a peon or rival leader walking into this King's chambers; upon entry you saw a GOD KING surrounded by a box giving off lightening ALL AROUND HIM. My God you would immediately drop to your knees and warship this all powerful deity. A similar idea would be the use of this as a threshold kind of like a security gate; behind sat the King and you wouldn't DARE walk through this magical lightening filled threshold to get any closer to him, reaffirming his power and immediately making you drop ANY thought of assassination you might have had.

I wouldn't go so far as to say OMG ALIENZ!!! But would definitely champion the fact that humanity 10,000 years ago might have been closer in technology to us then what the vast majority thinks!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

So good to have some one on site of your calibur turning over
even the slightest pebble of truth as you find it.
No matter the direction it takes you.
That's what I've percieved of you .
I for one appreciate the hell out of that.
Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Do you think it could be a musical instrument, capable of delivering a solemn, "mystical" note?

Hmmm, now you've got me thinking! Resonance emanating from this 'instrument' to enable levitation? There are winged people in the carvings. There are people in "boxes" which are surrounded by vibratory-looking lines, and the boxes appear to be off the ground. Also, this concept reminds me of a theory of how the huge stones to build the pyramids may have been lifted off the ground... by sound waves/resonance.

Interesting to ponder, no?

Well there are 12 rods atop 12 rods atop 7 then 3.

There are 12 tones in a chromatic scale. 12 notes in an octave or 12 semi-tones. There are 7 Major C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

Oh and those orbs on both sides connected by poles. Speakers of course.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

Enki liked to have a pair of Deities holding Tesla coils either side of him such that electrical discharge illuminated the scene, that would have been impressive

I have actually considered such though because there are a fair number of seals that show shrines with standards alongside them in connection with animal forms that are described by various circular points, in the same way that you might see an animal form in the stars of a constellation, so they may have seen electrical discharge as creating magical animals, that would have been fun!

So the generation of exotic energy fields is a possibility looking at the graphic evidence.

edit on Kam831223vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam831223vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Slightly off topic, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Kantzvelt; are there any examples or depictions of the flower, fruit or egg of life throughout Sumerian art?

One can assume that if that knowledge was possessed, than they would have unlimited access to music and art.

If they didn't have this knowledge, than how could they achieve things such as levity or star gates, assuming of course such things are conceivable.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

They had the tree or plant of life, the exotic associations of such i outlined here, it always seems likely with the Sumerians that they are representing in symbolic form archetypes that date back to the early Neolithic.

a reply to: randyvs

That's very kind, you can count on me to leave no pebble unturned...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

So this:

May very well depict the 12 Sepiroth?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Speculation, so no proof..take it for what it is, pure speculation.

The images scream something to me...a battery.

Look at the depictions, and think of this copper standard as an elongated battery.

The 'serpentine tails' on that seal, touching the semi-circle element looks VERY reminiscent of a lightbulb filament. A battery and a lightbulb...

The seal with the Sun, the Water and the fish could all be symbolism associated with this battery's usages..the Sun would be light and heat, the water could plausibly be associated with water condensers sucking the water from the air using electricity or used with water for electroplating purposes, the fish could be shown to represent another usage, perhaps actually stunning the fish with electric current, and floating stunned to the surface (a stretch on that one i know).

And the guys in the box, surrounded by 'emanations' from the pillars / copper standards, which while they appear to be flowing water...could actually be representations of electrical flow, rather than water, and could have been used as a medical procedure of some description, or even possibly an early execution or torture device perhaps.

The construction of the pillar itself lends to it being a battery too of course...the wooden tube is the insulator, the copper casing is the cathode, the metallic strip and attached wire would be the anode, and the bitumen used to sealing and separating the two elements. The semi-circle hoop, which on some of those seals looks to be a double hoop, would be the terminal used to attach to.

A larger version of the Baghdad battery in essence.

edit on 12-8-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That would be the Hebrew take on things yes, for the Mesopotamians it was the establishment of a Celestial axis through Enki were the florets are constellations, related to the generation of organic life.

It does bring into consideration again in a round about way the possible derivation of the brass plated pillars that stood before the Temple of Solomon and the copper plated standards of the Abzu shrine, as both have some relationship to being seen either side of a centralized Creative power, but it's difficult to put into words, i tend to make associations through the iconography.

Stairway to Sirius

Mysteries of Dilmun.

There is more to consider here, for example the deer as the animal seemingly generated by the exotic energies related to the Abzu shrine, related to the constellation Andromeda and related in symbolic terms to the spirit that animates organic life in general, and related to electricity.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
My 2cts

When i look at ancient pictures , sumerian, egypt.. or a lot of other
They uses electricity or I think magnetricity for al lot of reasons.

And all the same basics.

Look in the above picture, they are carrying a ring in there hand. It is the Sumerian version of the Ank

Here the egyptian version:

Left to right :

Infinte loop, once energized can be tapped
Battery/capicitor with different outpout levels
Receiver to put the force to use.

I did some research on this and It's everywhere once you see the basics.

Edit: Kantzveld, thank you for your picture in the OP, i searched a lot for something like that and it fits in my theories excellent!
edit on 12-8-2015 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

When a rock sample is pressed by a force, the pressure on the crystal lattice generates an electrical field around the quart grains due to the piezoelectric effect. If a rock is saturated by conductive fluid, the relative motion between the pore fluid and the matrix solid generates an electromagnetic field due to seismoelectric conversion, and the permeating of fluid into new microcracks made by the pressure changes the fluid distribution and the natural potential level.

dspace.mit.edu...

If you had two pillars providing the source energy perhaps producing the Ohm frequency. The seat/throne encased in fluid (water/mercury) from above perhaps.

You can smash rocks with sound. Can you change its "frequency"? ....say, I don't know, 90 degrees.

Just slightly into the intro:

If a quartz crystal is pressed by a force in a certain direction, an electrical field will be generated on the quartz surface due to the piezoelectric effect. When an acoustic wave propagates through a rock, the acoustic pressure generates a piezoelectric field around quartz grains. Thus a piezoelectric field is an electric potential field on the grain surface.

This part here really gets my attention:

Changing the amplitude scale, we can see more details of the potential variation before rock breaking occurs. Before the rock sample is broken completely, we record some sounds with small or smaller amplitudes between -0.04 second and 0.01 second (Figure 7d). The larger ones generate electrical pulses (Figures 7a, 7b, and 7c). Since recording the small sounds around -0.04 second, the basic electrical level (the dc potential) rose (Figures 7a and 7b) or dropped (Figure 7c). The amplitudes and polarizations of the potentials are different from each other. This means that the potentials due to the piezoelectric effect depend not only on the pressure, but also on the piezoelectric characteristic and orientation of the quartz group around the measurement points. They are local electrical potentials, and the potential and its variation can be observed before the rock breaking. Because the stress concentrates around the breaking area, we can record the local potentials around the area. When a fluid-saturated rock sample is breaking, the moving charges in the fluid induce electromagnetic waves, which propagate independently and can be received near or far from the breaking area. Their frequencies are usually much higher than the natural potential and close to those of acoustic waves. This phenomenon is very similar to that observed in the Loma Prieta earthquake of 17 October 1989 (Fraser-Smith et al., 1990).

So by adding a conducting fluid around the pillars it provides and independent electromagnetic wave.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I'm glad you brought this up, the other day i looked at the Djed/Ankh symbolism here and there's no doubt in my mind they were concerning themselves with observing stars both due South and North in terms of a vertical North-South Celestial axis, the backbone of the Heavens as it were.

The Celestial axis i've researched relating to Mesopotamia is different, that is an axis that extended from Pegasus to Sirius and would have arced across the entire horizon of the skies, such that when Pegasus is rising in the East so Sirius is setting in the West, of course the two could be seen as complimentary.

a reply to: MysterX

That standard really needs to be dug out from whichever museum basement it was reburied in and properly examined and evaluated, no doubt about that.

Yes like i mentioned being associated with Lahmu the guardian of the threshold of the Abzu that is the point were liquid becomes solid and visa versa, therefore Lahmu's name was mud, but that could also be said of the likes of Mercury.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Haha I did brought it up in your previous thread, but deleted it. I hesitate for different reasons to share my conclusions, or better ever lasting progress, that why I deleted it.
But, it's there in plain site.

I've done a lot of research and it seems to fit perfectly.

edit on 12-8-2015 by EartOccupant because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I think your first pic reveals its primary 'practical' purpose.

The 'standard bearers' flank the throne. When they are present the "ruler" is holding court, making rulings. As decrees are issued or if order needs to be maintained the standard bearers pronounce the authority by raising the standards and lowering them to the floor with a loud thump.

The King, God, Despot, Tyrant has 'ruled'. You weill respect that authority.

They continued this practice well into royal Europe didn't they?
edit on 12-8-2015 by intrptr because: changed pic

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Copper like any other metal back then was shiny, sparkly. Compared to dirt, wood, stone, it was amazing to ordinary eyes. Only the very rich could afford to adorn their environment with sparkly, shiny metals of many hues.

Copper, bronze, silver gold, all refined from dirt (ore), lending a mystical air to the trappings of the very rich and the highest authorities in the land. Today we take it all so for granted, back then it was rare and dazzling to see.

Wow, look at all that shiny stuff. Wheres it from? They make it from dirt. Oh, they must be powerful magicians, Gods, whatever.

Wouldn't be the first time some ruler bedazzled their subjects.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's an interesting suggestion, though the function you suggest would have been carried out by the first minister or vizier of such a ruler and in the above seal that is Isimud seen far left without staff, Lahmu though was a Deity that could be associated with establishing order from primeval chaos.

Lahmu, meaning parent star or constellation, is the name of a protective and beneficent deity, the first-born son of Abzu and Tiamat. He and his sister Laḫamu are the parents of Anshar and Kishar, the sky father and earth mother, who birthed the gods of the Mesopotamian Pantheon. Laḫmu is depicted as a bearded man with a red sash-usually with three strands- and four to six curls on his head and they are also depicted as monsters, which each encompasses a specific constellation.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Do you think it could be a musical instrument, capable of delivering a solemn, "mystical" note?

I think that's a good idea. Take for example the common French Horn brass instrument is around 13ft (4m) of coiled tube. Just because the instrument is long doesn't mean sound can't be made from it. The Didgeridoo is an example of a wooden style horn, though I don't know of any that very very long.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines

I think that's a good idea. Take for example the common French Horn brass instrument is around 13ft (4m) of coiled tube. Just because the instrument is long doesn't mean sound can't be made from it. The Didgeridoo is an example of a wooden style horn, though I don't know of any that very very long.

Didgeridoo can be anywhere from 3ft to 10ft long so yeah, it's possible... and maybe longer.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh It was the most interesting culture, check it out. Pretty amazing stuff/

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Looks like an agricultural tool!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join