It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange find from Sumeria...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Let's not forget about the Alphorn....RRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccoollaaaaaaaaaa.

ETA: I don't think that this is what is represented in the OP, but since we were on the topic of long instruments and such...

edit on 12-8-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Approaching this cylinder seal puzzle like Sitchen did - literally - and imho this is a literal representation of a stargate.

There I said it. The column or standard apparatus "wrapped in copper" has obvious implications.

The wavy "water" surrounding the door can , on 2nd look , be construed as a magnetic field distortion of the visual spectrum.

Just my 2 cents as a neuroradiologist, Sumerophile, and someone who has met and conversed in person with ZS.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I appreciate all that god reference, mostly what certain dictators, emperors, whatever did to elevate themselves above the populace. God hood was almost required, wasn't it.

Sorry Kantsveldt, I see the honest search for truth here, you know how I roll, too. I look for the sameness in the way things are done over the ages. Men make stuff up, kings even more.

Written history or stylized carvings are their epitaph.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Having once read the ARRL handbook, I would speculate that the copper core within wood pipe then covered with copper sheeting would be a very high power high frequency conductor., allowing an individual to hold it without being killed and perhaps direct the RF. See rigid line transmission conductor in wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What exactly is that x and then the + behind it is it symbolic of anything besides a star? I always see it when i meditate.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mazamure

if the "X" or "+" refers to a symbol, it has to be (without you pointing it out) the "star of the crossing"

or the "southern" cross of old....'né-bé-ru' or nibiru. A planet in orbit around a hidden companion sun to ours.

It was Marduk's sign in sumerian mythology, often depicted as a winged disk.
edit on 8/12/2015 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr
a reply to: mazamure

if the "X" or "+" refers to a symbol, it has to be (without you pointing it out) the "star of the crossing"

or the "southern" cross of old....'né-bé-ru' or nibiru. A planet in orbit around a hidden companion sun to ours.

It was Marduk's sign in sumerian mythology, often depicted as a winged disk.

The planet of the crossing was Jupiter...
Zechariah Sitchin isn't a credible source on anything
In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter, the MUL.APIN was an astronomy tablet written by Babylonian astronomers, they would know...
en.wikipedia.org...(Babylonian_astronomy)

The winged disc was the symbol of the Chief God of Many cultures, in Sumerian mythology it represented Enlil. Marduk isn't Sumerian. The Sumerian culture ended when the Akkadian culture began, then the Akkadian culture ended when the Babylonian culture began. Marduk was a Babylonian deity.

The Babylonians only knew about 5 planets, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. That was the limit of their astronomical prowess...
edit on 12-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

It is certainly a stargate in the sense that each of the six ringlets of Lahmu's hair represented a constellation and that as he is often seen doubled either side those twelve constellations could be related to the zodiac, of course if they'd actually represented twelve constellations around the portal it would have more obviously appeared as a stargate.

a reply to: intrptr

Enki and his Abzu can't be compared to petty rulers...

a reply to: Marduk

The understanding of Nibiru is more complex than direct association with Jupiter, for we see that;

As the highest point in the paths of the planets, Nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk.

The establishment of the nibiru point is described in tablet 5 of the creation epic Enûma Eliš; “When Marduk fixed the locations (manzazu) of Nibiru, Enlil and Ea in the sky"

Nibiru there has replaced the band of stars more normally associated with Anu, which would rise around due East, the association of Libra as a constellation associated with Nibiru has some merit because that rose due East at the Autumn Equinox, basically any stars rising due East will achieve the higher elevations.

Nibiru has been associated with the area of Libra: The Nibiru constellation rose in the month of Tišritum, around autumnal equinox, however Nibiru was also a name for the planet Jupiter when observed in the month of Tišritum.

Most likely Nibiru then was the central point of the North-South/East-West crossing point were constellations and planets had their highest elevation, the Babylonians liked to see Jupiter/Marduk in that position.

Nibiru
edit on Kam831223vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They are flagpoles on which banners can be secured. Similar smaller poles were used to carry conical ingots of silver and gold.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a big guess, a Tuning fork like device is what this object could be..
seeing what it repesents in cylinder scrolls

nice find tho..

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

but wasnt solomons temple the largest? i know solomon is said to be the wisest man that ever lived and he also had welath un imagineable even to today!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonymouswithavendetta
Solomon's temple certainly wasn't the first, and his kingdom was only big by local standards.
His chief architect, Hiram, was borrowed from Tyre.
No doubt Hiram was fully acquainted with all the latest fashions in temple building.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Because it's arguably our most important slice of history and has the singular potential to completely destroy the notions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam being independent religions truly delivered by respective prophets of their time.

ALL the Abrahamic main religions (and arguably the rest) derive from the Eridu Genesis and the stories that follow it. It is as clear as day.

However, the key difference it contains from modern religion is that the GODS (not God) that us humans interacted with were not portrayed as the rulers of our SOULS. We were created for the toil of our physical bodies and nothing else. We are not judged and there is no after life worth comprehending.

The 'Gods' left us to be after the flood according to the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Eridu Genesis. The last open interaction was the teaching of agriculture and domestication post-flood and then humans were to have their own kingship - guided at first by the 'Demigods' as they were called.

None of this is from out of my arse. It's all easily findable in academically accepted translations of the above mentioned texts. It's simply not taught in school.

I'm not condoning what ISIS are doing but it's clear to see why from their perspective this is extremely logical and clever to do. It's also extremely dangerous and trust me bro, it absolutely infuriates me too. This is our history.

America has done the same. It pretty much levelled Babylon, closed it off to archaelogical research and then built a bloody MILITARY BASE on top of it! This is not a joke. Check 'Camp Alpha'.

We've discovered literally tens of thousands of these seals and tablets (seriously) all across the middle east and yet over the last 50 years there's only been an official academic attempt to translate a few. This is just absurd.

There's something strange going on regarding all of this for sure. These ancient Sumerian stories are literally the first known intelligently written documents by arguably the first truly advanced group of humans. That alone makes them incomprehensibly important.
edit on 12-8-2015 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Looking more and more like stargate stuff

We a whole lot closer to the shoe dropping than we were 10 years ago i can tell you now.

How in the world you get "Stargate" from "hollow copper tube" blows my mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

the first 2 pictures of your original post are eerily similar to each other....the 1st one does seem to have a bar or a cable running through it.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thanks Kantzveldt for sharing another addition to the collection of ancient data associated with ancient Sumer TRUTH.
For as these items as well as others are found and seen to be depicted within the ancient tablets, it helps the minds in doubt or disbelief to began to consider that perhaps there is more to the subject material then just myth.

As 1 observes the image data shared, it appears that multiple "staff" or "rod" are being used or placed. With this in mind 1 started thinking of some sort of transmitter/receiver and or access/exit devices for potential beings. Some sort of arrangement with the holders and then maybe a point of ignition or activation of all the staff in some particular formation and maybe access is made with intelligent or sentient energies that may come through into this realm or maybe just communicate? Not sure, however with the multiple objects being observed it just appears that more then one are required for whatever function they may have held...
This is speculative, but maybe if some test are made of the object its uses may be revealed if there are chemical burn remnants of some kind or even radioactive. Not sure if part of its top was more metallic to increase "conductivity" but could imagine if there were some precious metal or crystal like components that some may have taken them long ago due to greed or even safety...

Very interesting share indeed Kantzveldt
1 wonders if there were any affects from exposure to them when in use?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
It was constructed of a tubular wooden core with copper plate around that and bitumen acting as a sealant and adhesive, they seen to have laid the upper length alongside the lower to include all in frame, but also lain what looks like a metallic strip alongside which would seemingly have been related, there may also be copper cable emerging from the base.

The staff and ring symbolizes divinity, the metallic strip to the side is actually a 19th C wooden yardstick which is included in the photograph to show scale (if you blow up the image you can see the divisions). This originally stood next to the cult statue of a God and was then used to symbolize the passing of power from God to king during ceremonies such as the Akitu. Over time it evolved into the sceptre and ring which you later see depicted in Art which by then symbolised the divine right to rule.

You can see examples of the former on the Ur Nammu stele and the latter on the Hammurabi stele. Girsu was what 2500BCE so the date is about right...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

You're right that probably was a measuring rod, the staff of office and ring symbolism though was based on rings through the noses of bulls in order to lead them, so whoever was capable of leading the bull was in charge as it were and it became the symbol of power, the symbol represented the ring and a length of rope, i don't think anyone would consider it deriving from the standards associated with the Abzu shrine.

It does sort of look the same though the bull ring was always circular and the Abzu standard appendage semi-circular.

It is perhaps more likely given association with Lahmu that it represented the tethering post of the Earth and sky and thus could have association with the post of Nibiru.

Lahmu, meaning parent star or constellation, is the name of a protective and beneficent deity, the first-born son of Abzu and Tiamat. He and his sister Laḫamu are the parents of Anshar and Kishar, the sky father and earth mother

edit on Kam831224vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

I suspect just one aspect of why these tablets are not 'mainstream and acceptable is due to the fact - you rightly mentioned - but is glossed totally over, is those tablets tell us we are a created slave race - that doesn't fit man's religious ego in any way, shape or form or many 'free' people's egos either.

Funnily enough when you think how slave-like religious people act towards their invisible God and his supposed rules etc - nothing has changed.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The Babylonians only knew about 5 planets, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. That was the limit of their astronomical prowess...

Don't wanna be that guy, but they knew about 5 planets...not including Earth, so 6 really.

edit on 13-8-2015 by MysterX because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join