It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Kapusta

What in the world do you think a muzzle break is ? It suppresses the gas from the chamber to cut down on recoil and rise.Also , it is to adapt for a flash suppressor. I grow tired of this.

"Some folks , if they dont know , you cant tell them." Louis Armstrong

hey fella , you said

shots like the OP describes are a breeze. And as far as the silencer/flash suppressor , they are one and the same.

I said nay... they are not one and the same !

A flash suppressor, also known as a flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hider, or flash cone, is a device attached to the muzzle of a rifle that reduces its visible signature while firing by cooling or dispersing the burning gases that exit the muzzle, a phenomenon typical of carbine-length weapons. Its primary intent is to reduce the chances that the shooter will be blinded in low-light shooting conditions. Contrary to popular belief, it is only a minor secondary benefit if a flash suppressor reduces the intensity of the flash visible to the enemy.[1] A flash suppressor is different from a muzzle brake, although they are typically mounted in the same position and sometimes confused with each other. While the former is intended to reduce visible flash, a muzzle brake is designed to reduce painful recoil inherent to large cartridges and typically has no effect on visible flash.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

do me a favor , that quote you pointed at me , tell mr Armstrong its better suited for you

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Longest recorded sniper kills

A little "enlightenment" if you will

Notice most in the modern era use the 50 BMG ?

edit on 10-8-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Haha, despite the fact this is more evidence of unsanctioned British meddling in the M.E., I would suggest it's the least they can do seeing as their masters created the ISIS mess in the first place.

For every 2 that have been saved, there's thousands who weren't so lucky or at least, thousands who wouldn't have needed saved but for the sheer incompetency & greed of western powers.

Unsanctioned?

We are at war! ISIS declared war on us!

The tories are operating the military in Syria without even asking parliament, it's unsanctioned.

If your avatar location thingy is to be believed, you had your chance to break away. Should have taken it I suppose.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
UHHH..no. You said "muzzle brakes" . And a flash suppressor is a silencer. They took to the name flash suppressor due to you cant purchase a silencer in the US.

You even stated it again in your latest reply , and I quote

A flash suppressor is different from a muzzle brake,

edit on 10-8-2015 by Gothmog because: just noticed

edit on 10-8-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
These gents spend more time on the trigger than some of us spend on our computers dissing them.

It's practise, it's experiance, it's knowing your abilities and equipment to the nth degree.

They practise in places like the Falkland Islands. Northern Canada. Badlands of New Mexico.

There was an old saying about the Roman Legions. "Their training is bloodless war. Their war is bloody training." Or words to that effect.

Do you critics honestly think that these guys aren't the best in the world at what they do? They are. The reason? They train. Every day. Day. Night. Good weather. Bad weather. On land. From helicopters. From boats.

SAS. Seals. ...and a host of others.

I'm an avid shooter. I'm good. Better than most. But these guys? Not in my wildest flights of fantasy could I do what they do. I've been a hunter for better part of four and a half decades, again, I'm good at it. Against these guys? I'd be virtually helpless for the most part.

Why is that?

These guys are special. They can not be anything less then the best, it's impossible for them. Mentally. Physically. They're the best our military has to offer. Nothing short of death will make them fail, once they're locked on target.

Those of you saying this is BS, flat have no clue what your on about... None.

I've had the distinct honor of meeting Gunny Hathcock at a gathering of some sort a few years ago...don't remember anything about it, it was distinctly boring. But him? I'll remember him to my dying day, there was an indefinable something in his makeup that few people I've ever known had/have... These SAS lads, the Seals, Marine Force Recon, Delta, SBS (special boat service), and all the others have that same air, you can take that to the bank.

Doubt their abilities at your own peril if your on the other end of that scope.
edit on 8/10/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Look I get it , I understand .50 cals have been used . I am doubting the story , that 3 snipers took out 3 people one being a head shot first with a silenced .50 ... at 1000 yards .

I just feel the story is a bit trumped up. I am not buying it .

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

likely not a head shot , that would be to risky ...body shot would be more in order... and exactly 1000 meters ..hmm

For police or whatever , yes. For Special Forces , no.

so the rest of the team were able to hit their marks at 1000 meters as well ?

Uhhh.....yes. Read up on Special Forces snipers. One , I think Australian , took out 2 at that range with one shot .

Text A .50 cal with a silencer?

Not precisely a silencer , a flash suppressor. Dont want the marks seeing the flash . And 50s are the going thing right now. Lots of range and knock down power.

lol , what happened to one shot one kill ?

Thats exactly what it was

Ever heard of Carlos Hathcock ?

the news link says it was a .50 with a silencer .

The SAS marksman, using a .50 calibre sniper rifle fitted with a silencer, killed the executioner just in time.

So all three members were carrying .50 cals ? and managed to all hit their mark under extreme pressure ,all three made their calculations ? where was the spotter ? so 3 snipers , 3 spotters ? 3 .50 cal ...silenced ? Sniper teams are most always in a pair.

sounds like a clip from a Steven seagull movie

Lol Spotter and two shooters. by the time the second one shoots the first is ready with another round. Not that hard to figure out. I guess you don't know how much training is involved here eh?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

did you realize that they were the same thing.

Silencer or Suppressor? What's the difference? The terms "silencer" and "suppressor" are both correct. Most people within the industry prefer the term "suppressor" because it is more technically correct in that a suppressor does not actually silence a firearm but suppresses the noise some amount. That said, the legal term as used by BATFE to classify these weapons is "silencer". You may also hear people refer to suppressors by the slang term "cans".
GEMTECH

the name "silencer was given to them by the man that invented them. Hiram P. Maxim

i wish i had grabbed the quote before you edited it.

link   

UHHH..no. You said "muzzle brakes" . And a flash suppressor is a silencer. They took to the name flash suppressor due to you cant purchase a silencer in the US.

You even stated it again in your latest reply , and I quote

A flash suppressor is different from a muzzle brake,

lol where do you come up with this stuff ?

Silencers are legal for civilian ownership in the following states Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri (C&R Required), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North

provide links ... please , because I have never heard of a silencer being called a flash suppressor ...

link   

Look I get it , I understand .50 cals have been used . I am doubting the story , that 3 snipers took out 3 people one being a head shot first with a silenced .50 ... at 1000 yards .

Clearly no one is gonna convince you of how possible it is, so don't by it and move along.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

did you realize that they were the same thing.

Silencer or Suppressor? What's the difference? The terms "silencer" and "suppressor" are both correct. Most people within the industry prefer the term "suppressor" because it is more technically correct in that a suppressor does not actually silence a firearm but suppresses the noise some amount. That said, the legal term as used by BATFE to classify these weapons is "silencer". You may also hear people refer to suppressors by the slang term "cans".
GEMTECH

the name "silencer was given to them by the man that invented them. Hiram P. Maxim

i wish i had grabbed the quote before you edited it.

fair enough . ty you the conformation . but according to other members a flash suppressor is a silencer . never heard of that .

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Clearly no one is gonna convince you of how possible it is, so don't by it and move along.

I am ok right here , thanks though

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We are talking about a special force team whose training litrally kills recruits. Recruits drawn from the cream of the UK military.

I will bet every keyboard warrior on this thread would likely die in just the entry test (which has and does happen!)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

no a flash flash suppressor is not, it conceals the flash somewhat. suppressors lessen the pressure wave of the blast coming out after the round exits the barrel.

two different things.

edit on 10-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

few years ago eh seagull ?

Died: February 22, 1999, Virginia Beach, VA

right ...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And you did not even go to the article , did you ? If you did you would have noticed the ranges. ANd the number made at those ranges.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hope the videos is on LL

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I had the honor of getting pissed up with a load of British snipers in the brecon beacons the training they told me and my mate had us both feeling like 6 year old boys.
Ruddy good lads had an excellent night and they taught me a lot and I have the utmost respect for them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join