It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

You want a clear cut, cut and dry, black and white, yes or no, answer, when there isn't one.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You want a clear cut, cut and dry, black and white, yes or no, answer, when there isn't one.

You haven't even offered a grey one buddy....You could have started there unless you agree with Webster?

The medical field would sure disagree with that though!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with other planned parent hood services are being completely ignorant on the issue.

What is your point in saying that? Seriously...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Look, you're the one who has problem with the definition, not I.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Look, you're the one who has problem with the definition, not I.

That is again where you are mistaken....I have a problem with you dodging not the definition...I completely understand what you posted 15 times now!

Yet again a response with no merit just trying to be the last one to talk....I am done measuring sticks with you! You don't want to answer, I will not reply if that makes you feel better....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You don't want to answer,

I feel as though I have, like 15 times. But if you think I haven't, then perhaps you could restate your question. I thought it was about viability, perhaps I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Danke

With the push yet failure to defund Planned Parenthood after a series of heavily edited videos to push a narrative. I thought I would throw in some other services that planned parenthood offers that often are overlooked because of abortion. Which only accounts for 3% of their services.

The abortion debate will continue to go around in circles because we all can't agree when human life begins. Is it upon conception? Does it began when the fetal brain starts emitting pulses? Or does it begin when we become self-aware?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't think PP should be defunded, but I do think people need to be held accountable for what is currently going on.

Scientific research is extremely important, and needs to continue. HOWEVER, there is a way to have scientific research continue along with making changes to the process to make both sides happy.

This doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation.

Honestly, this isn't even about a debate on abortion because we can't agree on when life begins. You still aren't getting it.

THIS IS ABOUT THE WAY THESE FETUSES ARE BEING ABORTED IN SPECIFIC WAYS FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT AND BEING SOLD! NOTHING ELSE!

Why do people think it is normal for people to be haggling over prices of dead babies? WTF is wrong with you?

Is it that hard to understand?
edit on 12-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

With the push yet failure to defund Planned Parenthood after a series of heavily edited videos to push a narrative. I thought I would throw in some other services that planned parenthood offers that often are overlooked because of abortion. Which only accounts for 3% of their services.

The abortion debate will continue to go around in circles because we all can't agree when human life begins. Is it upon conception? Does it began when the fetal brain starts emitting pulses? Or does it begin when we become self-aware?

Or does it begin when we become self-aware?

Would you care to elaborate on when you believe this is?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It would help if you'd attempt to understand what selling to recover costs means.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

I don't think PP should be defunded, but I do think people need to be held accountable for what is currently going on.

Scientific research is extremely important, and needs to continue. HOWEVER, there is a way to have scientific research continue along with making changes to the process to make both sides happy.

This doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation.

Honestly, this isn't even about a debate on abortion because we can't agree on when life begins. You still aren't getting it.

THIS IS ABOUT THE WAY THESE FETUSES ARE BEING ABORTED IN SPECIFIC WAYS FOR MAXIMUM PROFIT AND BEING SOLD! NOTHING ELSE!

Why do people think it is normal for people to be haggling over prices of dead babies? WTF is wrong with you?

I appreciate the reply as well but this group here is tough buddy! They don't care about all this stuff apparently....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It would help if you'd attempt to understand what selling to recover costs means.

Don't start with me today Krazy....

Re-coup costs with babies.....Here we go again!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Feel free to post your proof of this recouping of costs.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Feel free to post your proof of this recouping of costs WITH BABIES.

Sorry...Fixed your question above for KRAZY!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Start with you? I wasn't even talking to you...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Feel free to post your proof of this recouping of costs.

Ok. Easy enough.

What Does the Planned Parenthood Video Show?

"I think every provider has had patients who want to donate their tissue, and they absolutely want to accommodate them. They just want to do it in a way that it’s not perceived as, ‘This clinic is selling tissue and making money off of this [inaudible].’ I know in the Planned Parenthood world, for example, they’re very, very sensitive to that. And before an affiliate is going to do that they need to—obviously they’re not—some might do it for free. They want to come to a number that it doesn’t look like they’re making money. They want to come to a number that looks like it is a reasonable number for the effort that is allotted on their part. I think for private providers, or private clinics, you’ll have much less of a problem with that."

There’s ambiguity in that statement. Planned Parenthood says she’s just discussing donations to recoup costs, and Nucatola’s caution about the organization seems to make clear that Planned Parenthood doesn’t tolerate sales. On the other hand, the way she describes the arrangements could easily be interpreted to suggest that the numbers are rigged, so that it seems like they’re just recouping when in fact they are a revenue stream.

Later in the video, she discusses possible amounts involved, ballparking figures between $30 and $100. But she also states, “This is not—nobody should be ‘selling’ tissue.” Perhaps the more damning remark isn’t about Planned Parenthood at all but about the private clinics; her comments imply unscrupulousness and possibly illegal behavior by those providers, but Planned Parenthood’s size and prominence makes it the prime target for pro-life activists.

All of this makes it tougher to believe the bluntest claim that Planned Parenthood, or even one top official there, is actually selling organs for profit. That hasn’t prevented immediate demands—from Ted Cruz, for example—for the government to investigate and defund Planned Parenthood for “profiting off the bodies of the lives they have stolen.” Multiple GOP presidential candidates issued statements expressing disgust with Nucatola’s comments.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So it is legitimized by calling it a "donation".....Yep, check

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Start with you? I wasn't even talking to you...

Love you buddy!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The videos are edited to imply there's a profit. Harvard or Yale researchers probably would want the most intact fetus for proper stem cell research.

When does a fetus become a baby? Or when does it become a human life?

These philosophical questions are often difficult to completely grok.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I asked for proof...if that is your idea of proof it is no wonder we disagree so often.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join