It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well they said 2.7 million men AND women visit them every year. So if we go on the assumption that only 1 male visits them every year you are still off by 300,001 women patients.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well yes and no. The government outsources work to different companies all of the time. So they may not be technically government employees, or a government organization, but the majority of their funding does come from tax payers yes?

Why are you asking me? You can Google things yourself.

Where Does Planned Parenthood Get Funding, Anyway? You Might (Not) Be Surprised Where The Money Goes

Planned Parenthood's 2013-2014 annual report shows that it received about $528 million in "Government Health Services Grants & Reimbursements" — about 41 percent of its total funding. It also received about $305 million from non-government health services revenue — 23 percent of its funding — and $257 million in private contributions and bequests, according to the report. About 65 percent of that funding went to providing medical services, while the remaining funds went to non-medical program services, management and general support, and fundraising.

Looks like you are wrong and that majority of PP's funding DOESN'T come from the taxpayers.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

Do you know how to concede a point?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why isn't this number included?

www.lifenews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well obviously they receive soooo much money from other sources that they don't need tax payer dollars. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well obviously they receive soooo much money from other sources that they don't need tax payer dollars. Problem solved.

What company needs the kind of money they receive yearly to keep operating? But they need to re-coup their costs.....Yeah Zuckerburg shelled out over 900 million LAST YEAR.....That won't recover any costs, not to mention over 600 million received elsewhere....Hence the reason this stuff pisses me off

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Now you are being ridiculous. The topic was about if PP was part of the government and if the majority of their funds were from the government. I showed that both of those things weren't the case. So now (instead of conceding the point because you were shown to be wrong and that is the honest thing to do), you make some ridiculous point about not needing tax payer dollars...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Also do you know what a majority is? From your article it states 41% of funding is from tax payers. The next highest was non governmental health service revenue at 23%. You can't group together non governmental health service revenue and private contributions just to try and make a point. It doesn't work like that Krazy.

The single largest group providing funding is the American tax payer at 41%.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Are you ever going to admit that PP isn't a government organization? Or are you intent on nitpicking every little detail to avoid admitting that you may have been wrong about something?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you ever going to admit that PP isn't a government organization? Or are you intent on nitpicking every little detail to avoid admitting that you may have been wrong about something?

I will say they aren't government but sure have a lot of government hands involved in this.....Take that for what it is worth

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Crap I didn't have to answer, that was directed and Danke....lol....Oh well

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I will say they aren't government but sure have a lot of government hands involved in this.....Take that for what it is worth

Yea well so do a good portion of the organizations in this country. It's not like PP is alone in that regard.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I already said they are not a government organization. The government outsources its work all of the time to the private sector. That doesn't mean that they aren't an overwhelming part of PP.

If you think that the private sector doesn't infiltrate the government, and vice versa, you aren't being honest with yourself. What do you think lobbying is?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yea well so do a good portion of the organizations in this country. It's not like PP is alone in that regard.

I absolutely didn't say they were, just replying to your question about it.....$600 million plus facebook money (like he isn't part of the government) $900 million....That sure is a lot of money for fiscal year 2014 brother.....Show me other companies that get that much from the government that ISN'T government.....Honestly

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I already said they are not a government organization. The government outsources its work all of the time to the private sector. That doesn't mean that they aren't an overwhelming part of PP.

If you think that the private sector doesn't infiltrate the government, and vice versa, you aren't being honest with yourself. What do you think lobbying is?

Wow we about said the same thing at the same time there...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I absolutely didn't say they were, just replying to your question about it.....$600 million plus facebook money (like he isn't part of the government) $900 million....That sure is a lot of money for fiscal year 2014 brother.....Show me other companies that get that much from the government that ISN'T government.....Honestly

I'm not even sure where you are going with this argument to be honest. I really don't care about PP's source of income. I just know that PP isn't a government organization no matter what flimsy reasoning you want to present to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Alright. That's it. This conversation is ridiculous. Now we are trying to demonize PP because they lobby the government. Seriously, I really can't believe the reaching the pro-life side of this debate has to do to demonize this organization...
edit on 12-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I already said I am pro choice MANY times. You obviously only see what you want to see.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join