It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby’s lives matter: Journalist questions abortion after PP videos

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Your pedantic BS is absolutely fabulous.

"Electricity is a theory."

Right.

MY view of reality is "sophomoric" ... you're really too much.

You're getting a bit more ridiculous with each post. I think I'll keep going to see just how absurd you'll get.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Your pomposity is reaching maximum; you're even a bigger ass than me, LOL. Grats that's a tall order.

You actually might need to look up words and terms you're using when you're so far off-base: viability has both a general meaning and a specific legal meaning in regard to natal development. Consult Roe v. Wade for a primer.

Abortion is not killing of a human being. No human being in existence is measured in microns. Neither you nor most of your little fascist cronies can tell the difference between an elephant and a human embryo.

There's a reason for that. An embryo is not a human; an embryo is not an elephant.

And then, the piece de resistance:

You don't speak for anyone but yourself. There are THOUSANDS of pompous windbags claiming the same thing, that each of you is the ONLY ONE speaking for "the unborn." You're all on a collective ego trip.

And everyone can see it but you. You don't care about babies, or anything except the sound of your own voices.

Just keep saying to yourself ...

Electricity is just a THEORY.

A fertilized egg (which has only a 50/50 chance anyway) is a HUMAN BEING.

This is pathetic. I'd ask you to stop for your own good, but, frankly, I'm enjoying your display of absurdity.

edit on 22Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:01:36 -050015p102015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:02:31 -050015p102015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quote where I said "science is always right."

As a jest to your idea that science is right ALL THE TIME and science

never contradicts its self.

I got that impression from phrases used and the wording that you used based on that I thought that was how you felt. Pardon the error then .

But I did express my views on when the procedure is wrong and murder. After you asked and said floor is yours.

You never really replied to when is the procedure is wrong and murder. Even being asked multiple times.

You did refer to viability but never took the stand of when it becomes murder.

You haven't even agreed after the birth canal its murder.

Why wont you commit to an answer ? Cant you bring yourself to say killing a fetus about to be born is murder?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

You got that "impression"?

You didn't sound like you were going off an "impression" to me, you sounded like you were stating a fact.

How much of your long-winded diatribe above was just an "impression" ... because honestly, when I see someone merely fabricating what others say and believe as they go along, I stop reading. I stopped reading your spiel about 10 lines in.

Why don't you go back through your "thoughts" and see if you can figure out which ones are your "impressions" and which ones relate to facts in the real world.

I'll wait.

I've answered the question multiple times. See above. Abortion is not murder, fertilized eggs/embryos/fetuses are not human beings.

However, even in that light, I am personally against abortion, but I am completely pro CHOICE.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You're frothing at the mouth again. Relax. FYI, that's a metaphor.

Now, do you your homework, like I've asked. It's a dictionary. Easy peasy. Sophomore level.

Words have meaning. Believe me or no.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The first reaction to Truth is anger. Or, in this case, frothing at the mouth. (Metaphor alert)

So, what's gotten under your skin? Is a little voice giving you pause? Second thoughts?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What's the actual basis to understand that aborting a fertilized blastocyst, or an embryo, or even an early stage fetus is "murder"? Religion. Science would describe the cycles of development, or compare an actual viable, independent and breathing human with something that is not viable, not breathing and does not and cannot have a separate existence on its own. That's why "religion" is brought into the discussion, because that is what informs this insane obsession with when "human" life, i.e. personhood begins.

Choice has well-established legal limits and has for almost 50 years. It is limited by the viability of the fetus. When the fetus can survive on its own, when it actually does become a viable being able of living INDEPENDENTLY of the mother's body, that is the limit on Choice.

Now here are your responses

When asked when its murder these leaves some ambiguity to your answer . viability 24weeks and survive on its own 24 weeks need extensive ICU care, full term can survive on its own . When are they human beings and can no longer be aborted ?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

You're frothing at the mouth again. Relax. FYI, that's a metaphor.

Now, do you your homework, like I've asked. It's a dictionary. Easy peasy. Sophomore level.

Words have meaning. Believe me or no.

Yep, they do. Did you find out what viability means?

If, in the course of our discussion, you also learned what facts are, I'm very proud of you!

We'll see, I guess, if either one took in your future posts.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Perhaps you should read Roe v. Wade and associated law as well ... that is, if any of this is a shock to you.

What, after all, is your point?

Aside from the tangents about me, my opinions, science, etc.

What do you want to say? Have done.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

The first reaction to Truth is anger. Or, in this case, frothing at the mouth. (Metaphor alert)

So, what's gotten under your skin? Is a little voice giving you pause? Second thoughts?

Nope, no voices, I'm not subject to delusions. Apparently, the same cannot be said for you.

What's under your skin? Illusions of grandeur? The innate inconsistency of your "opinion" on this matter?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

You asked my views I complied and answered.

When you are asked you never nail it down . Just spin around the answer. You were all into telling me your views except this question.

When are they human beings and can no longer be aborted ? After they leave the birth canal ? 24 weeks?

You are carrying the PP banner but wont answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: kellyjay

Are they still using forceps? If so what has changed, other than making an effort to be a little careful, keep a skull in tact for the purpose of the betterment of mankind? Are you upset that they're not carelessly crushing as many skulls?

i already gave you a link to the law, the one that states that they cannot change the way they do an abortion to precure fetal tissue....is there something wrong with your comprehension? why do you keep asking the same questions that i've already answered?

edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No, the videos suggest nothing of the kind.

The videos suggest that the group that made them are zealots with an agenda and a willingness to commit fraud who have been claiming the same things for a decade and in investigation after investigation that is found NOT to be true.

Two of your links don't work; but you will find that the Republicans in Congress dispensed with the early July hints of investigation and moved straight to defunding. EDIT: Well, when the defunding effort failed, they went back to the investigation apparently. I wonder how many of these we'll have to go through before they get the answer they want instead of the truth. Think they'll beat Benghazi at 14?

But, both the defunding bill and the "investigation" are based on videos we know are frauds.

Think about that for a minute outside the partisan BS.

sounds to me like your pissed off about an investigation? im sure you will get over it

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN!

(ii) no alteration of the timing, method, or procedures used to terminate the pregnancy was made solely for the purposes of obtaining the tissue; and

(iii) the abortion was performed in accordance with applicable State law;

How has the procedure changed? It hasn't. The only thing that has changed is the that perhaps doctors are being a little bit more sensitive in their use of forceps, so as NOT to crush the fetus' head.

That is NOT an alteration of timing, method or procedure.

I swear, you anti-choice nuts get upset when a fetus is crushed and upset when it's not! Make up your mind on how you like your dead fetus!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN!

(ii) no alteration of the timing, method, or procedures used to terminate the pregnancy was made solely for the purposes of obtaining the tissue; and

(iii) the abortion was performed in accordance with applicable State law;

How has the procedure changed? It hasn't. The only thing that has changed is the that perhaps doctors are being a little bit more sensitive in their use of forceps, so as NOT to crush the fetus' head.

That is NOT an alteration of timing, method or procedure.

I swear, you anti-choice nuts get upset when a fetus is crushed and upset when it's not! Make up your mind on how you like your dead fetus!

im actually pro-choice that was discussed earlier on had you read the thread in its entirety....

secondly you are clearly not understanding the law

if a doctor is changing the way he carries out a normal abortion, by being gentler or trying to get a skull out intact..then yes that is classed as changing the normal proceedure which is against the law.

you need to stop getting so upset and yelling at me...go take a time out.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

We are not "nuts". Please avoid these derogatory remarks.

Have you ever known a woman who has lost a baby from miscarriage ?(which is often a spontaneous, natural abortion) Why do women grieve when that happens? Why do fathers? Do they grieve their child? Or do they grieve their potential child?

Your tone is very, very ghoulish.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

When are they human beings and can no longer be aborted ? After they leave the birth canal ? 24 weeks?

A human egg, fertilized or not, is not a human being. A human being is an autonomous person, that has the qualification of having been born.

We don't abort fetuses after viability. Some fetuses will NEVER be viable, and MUST be aborted late term, in order to save the mother life. Since fetal anomalies can't be detected before 20-24 weeks, some later abortions occur because the family simple doesn't want, or can't sustain a child born with debilitating disease.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

if a doctor is changing the way he carries out a normal abortion, by being gentler or trying to get a skull out intact..then yes that is classed as changing the normal proceedure which is against the law.

NOPE! I'm calling BS!

Prove to me how the timing, the method or the procedure has been altered! Prove to me that crushing a fetus' skull is a necessary part of the procedure. Prove to me that somehow NOT crushing a fetal skull is putting the patient at risk. Because it's all about the safety of the procedure, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You can dish it out, but you can't take it!

Have you ever known a woman who has lost a baby from miscarriage ?

We are NOT talking about forcing abortions on women who want a baby! We are talking about a woman's choice to NOT be pregnant.

Your tone is very, very fascist.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You can dish it out, but you can't take it!

Have you ever known a woman who has lost a baby from miscarriage ?

We are NOT talking about forcing abortions on women who want a baby! We are talking about a woman's choice to NOT be pregnant.

Your tone is very, very fascist.

WOW you need to calm down ......seriously your anger is astounding

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join