It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Interview with Sarah Palin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Word on the street is that Fox News is unable to sustain itself with advertising dollars, and so as a result cable companies subsidize Fox News by paying much higher rates for it than they pay for other channels. However, the vast majority of viewers do not want Fox News on their cable systems, don't watch it, but are forced to pay for it to get cable television. So how bout we get the cable companies to defund Fox News? Then we won't have to deal with bozos like these. Problem solved.

ETA: The illogical conclusions she leaps to and comparisons she makes is just painful to watch. Not to mention her family's history when it comes to unplanned parenthood, from her mother to her to her children, and that it's only liberal extremists who play the race card.

It's simply mind boggling to me to watch and that she gets any airtime anywhere ever.

edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: charolais
I have been saying this to many people on social media (Facebook, etc.) who start spewing on about PP. The VAST majority of women go there for cheap, fast OB/GYN services. Abortions are such a tiny fraction that it's laughable the way people are reacting and "want it shut down".

Is that fraction tiny and insignificant enough that PP would be willing to take the smart path, cease performing abortions period, and place the full onus back on Conservatives to either back entirely off the "New" Planned Parenthood or else admit this is "war on women" and keep harassing PP even without abortions happening there?

Before this idea is rejected remember, PP's supporters have said pro choices should just ignore the "tiny" number of abortions PP performs in the past. All I'm trying to establish is whether "tiny" is hypocritically side subjective.

Why should they and why is that smart? Just to see if conservatives will stop?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Pretty amazing that Palin can make O'Reilly seem comparatively rational.

That ***** is crazy

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How do you know this? I keep hearing that Fox News is the highest rated news network on television. Now I know that Fox isn't above lying about themselves (lol "Fair and balanced"), but if Fox were to be lying about their ratings, I'm pretty sure that any other news network would be tripping over themselves to expose that lie. This means that if you are telling the truth AND Fox is telling the truth, then that must mean that the OTHER news networks ALSO share the privilege of being subsidized by the cable networks.

It can be noted that the cable companies already subsidize crappy channels by forcing the customers to pay for them by bundling them with other channels that are actually watched (this is why you may have like 100 - 200 channels but only a few worth watching). With the way that people get their news online now, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that news networks have become like this as well.

TLDR: I really just want to see proof of your claims.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
Only about 3% of "planned parenthood" funding goes to abortions per se. The rest is medical welfare for pregnant mothers / mothers.

The conservative in the U.S. are truly bonkers. The chance of them winning government with this crop of kooks, led by their esteemed rusty Trumpet, is as likely as peace in the Middle East!

Which is now fully covered under the new ACA laws and subsidies. We are now not only paying for these same services for low income families through the new ACA, but we are still funding PP for the exact same services.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

Only about 3% of "planned parenthood" funding goes to abortions per se. The rest is medical welfare for pregnant mothers / mothers.

The conservative in the U.S. are truly bonkers. The chance of them winning government with this crop of kooks, led by their esteemed rusty Trumpet, is as likely as peace in the Middle East!

Which is now fully covered under the new ACA laws and subsidies. We are now not only paying for these same services for low income families through the new ACA, but we are still funding PP for the exact same services.

You don't understand how this works. PP receives funding for what is not covered. They accept ACA insurance, medicaid, medicare, medicaid managed care, cash. Some people are still uninsured. They are not being paid twice for one service.

And who is "we"? Low income people pay taxes as well. Sometimes more taxes than people in higher income brackets.
edit on 10-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Bearack

You don't understand how this works. PP receives funding for what is not covered. They accept ACA insurance, medicaid, medicare, medicaid managed care, cash. Some people are still uninsured. They are not being paid twice for one service.

And who is "we"? Low income people pay taxes as well. Sometimes more taxes than people in higher income brackets.

"We" is everyone. Even low income people are enjoying the fruits of the ACA as cost of doing business has gone up due to the ACA which is then passed on to the consumer.

And what is not covered under the ACA that PP pick's up? Honest question that I have no issue being educated on.

And regarding low income, if they are paying higher income tax than higher income brackets, then they are doing it TOTALLY all wrong. In my experience (limited mind you) with low to middle class income earners. Generally speaking, the majority are net income tax beneficiaries in that they get a return larger than what they actually pay in.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Its just a tiny percent of what they do and it would allow them to help so many women they won't be able to if they're completely shut down.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The full video transcripts show that Planned Parenthood was selling fetal tissue at cost, which is completely legal and has been since the early 90's. It is used to help scientific research into things like Parkinson's and Alzeimer's.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Because it's probably the two people I loathe the most, I clicked the linked, didn't read a peep, and will now watch the clip! Sweet. Should be loads of fun.

geez....someone speaking that makes billo seem like the sane one......it's like trump speaking that makes the rest the republicans sound like they are the sane ones.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

Why should PP get a pass on their racist history, and people cannot give the same pass to something as simple as a flag?
No, sorry my friend, it does not work that way. Until PP pays restitution for all the lives they have ended, no pass.

And Henry Ford was a raving racist and anti-semite (around the same time as PPs founder almost 100 years ago!)...He and Hitler idolized one another.

Better hurry up and sell that pick-up truck!

The confederate flag does not symbolize a singular person's personal view of racism...it symbolized racism itself and literal war fought to further that view.

Planned Parenthood is racist institution because it's founder was a racist in the same way that the Ford F-150 Pick Up truck is "Racist".

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My claims are from just paying attention for many years, but here ya go. I'm sure there's more out there. Fox imposes one of the highest fees to cable companies.

Number 3. Conservative Fox News viewers pay $323.96 a year out of their cable bills for their highly priced news. So does everyone else who pays for cable. As opposed to taxpayers who pay not even penny a year toward PP services, if url=they make at least $50K a year, that is. [Source]

Their average viewership isn't even 2 million a night, barring special situations like fauxbates. So how much of the 319 million people in this country really even watch it? Course we can't count babies.
edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: phone

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sarah Palin tells the truth and the nutsos lie again on the left side.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Sarah Palin tells the truth and the nutsos lie again on the left side.

Palin is a nutbag that didn't even have the fortitude to finish one term in office. She just speaks in public for recognition and money.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

But your source doesn't support your claim. Yes, Fox is charging the cable companies more for their network than other networks, but the very next point in your source says that Fox is still the number one news network (even though they've lost viewership).

Where is the connection that they are charging more because they have to like you originally claimed? To me it just looks like they charge more because Rupert Murdoch is an asshole and knows he can get away with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
.Anyone with a brain knows abortion is killing human life that is going to grow up to be a human being..That is what it is only about.
Most people know this garbage must stop and liberals must find a way to pay for their own obortions.Not talking about everything PPHood does.It is the sickening lies they do with aborted babies and you will not stand for the life that is defenseless.Common sense tells us it is going to grow up to be a human life.The mother is so desensetized she does not even want to bother with caring for the life she has brought that is growing.
How people can get this sick in the head is beyond me.

Also desensetizing the youth when we teach this crap to them.
Once again PPHood is ok except for the obvious lying they do with abortions.

edit on 10-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's funny how everything the pro lifers say about pro choicers can be redirected back at them, and they won't even blink an eye at the hypocrisy. And yes, you are absolutely right. Your body, your choice. They choose to read a bible, make comments like "all lives matter" then eat a steak wrapped in bacon and thank god for the meal they just consumed. But, it's been said before, what better way to keep the masses divided while the real crimes are happening.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

ALso Planned parenthood founder was a racist by her own statements and admissions So claiming th ehigh ground should not be a option for them at all.

Didn't our founding fathers own slaves? Should the U.S. not be allowed to claim any high ground either?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly Interview with Sarah Palin That sentence or statement has so much stupid in it, my head hurts! LOL

I can only think of one pundit with less brain cells than those two and that's Rush Limbaugh.

It's a shame that our right wing media doesn't have more intelligent pundits or news casters. There are a few, like Kelly, but it's few and far between.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Pick-up trucks don't get pregnant.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join