It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Interview with Sarah Palin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: yuppa

ALso Planned parenthood founder was a racist by her own statements and admissions So claiming th ehigh ground should not be a option for them at all.

Didn't our founding fathers own slaves? Should the U.S. not be allowed to claim any high ground either?

John Adams & John Quincy Adams supposedly didn't. But most did. And actually, that was the whole part of the argument from abolitionist leaders like Frederick Douglass & Harriet Tubman. They spoke against the whole hypocrisy of celebrating "Independence Day" while millions of black Americans were still enslaved.

But I get your point. Organizations can change over time & that's the case here.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, but number one still doesn't have many viewers. You know...relative to the population and such.
edit on 8/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool
With that logic every time a women menstrstes she is giving away a potential life. Every time a man ejacultaes, he is spilling his seed and losing potential life. Every time you eat a burger, you just partook in the sacrifice of a living entity. You drive a vehicle and splatter a bug, you just ended a living entity. How deep do you really want to go with your convictions? Or just stop where it suits your needs and agenda?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Indigo5

Pick-up trucks don't get pregnant.

But billy joe and bobby sue can get pregnant in the back for sure, right? Two young lovers with nothing better to do.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To all the pro-lifers. You do realize that defunding PP will make preventing pregnancy more difficult because it will limit access to birth control. This means even more pregnancies, some of which will be handled with back alley abortions. Those that do come to term will be living in abusive homes or on the street because they aren't wanted.

What about those kids??

You think you're saving lives but you're just condemning them to live out lives of suffering, abuse and neglect. Meanwhile you are defunding Healthcare for them and their mothers. Trying to defund all social programs which might help them eat, or get an education.

You think everyone else is twisted because we want to at least give mothers a choice in their reproduction. I'd say you're the twisted ones forcing children in to that kind of life while taking away all means to help them.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

But even their logic is wrong. Unless that "soul" from the "baby's life that matters" doesn't go to heaven or wherever it is they go. It's just really confusing to explore the argument they make. "You're killing a life". Ok, but is the soul now stuck, or going to hell, or never even had a chance to gain a soul? If it's soulless then it's not a life, right? So confusing I don't think even THEY understand their own stance.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: retiredTxn

How many stood up and said that owning slaves was wrong?

Why don't you give us that magic number. You seem to KNOW that not one person in the south was against slavery, and the entire population of the south were racists, and are still racists.

It's not? Perhaps you should break that to the KKK and all the other white supremacist organizations that always waves it when they are crying about blacks. Also the reason it has no place on government grounds is because that would celebrate an act of treason against the United States.

Hate to break it to you, but even the SPLC admits the KKK has been rapidly declining over the past 10 years or so, and currently their best guess is there are roughly 2000 members in America. As for other groups, they thrive for a short while then decline just as quickly.

That flag, whether you or anyone else wants to admit it, is a part of American history. No matter how well the left re-writes history, it will still be there. I guess the eventual dumbing down of future generations by liberals, will lead them to their goal of controlling every facet of American's lives.

Why do you want to stop after the civil rights movement? Is it because the racist were still killing blacks while flying that flag?

You do understand we are still in the period "after the civil rights movement"? That means current. Why should PP stop being a racist organization just because one person died? Could there still be a racist agenda deep inside PP? Have you vetted every single member, in the same fashion you have determined all southerners are racist?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

But even their logic is wrong. Unless that "soul" from the "baby's life that matters" doesn't go to heaven or wherever it is they go. It's just really confusing to explore the argument they make. "You're killing a life". Ok, but is the soul now stuck, or going to hell, or never even had a chance to gain a soul? If it's soulless then it's not a life, right? So confusing I don't think even THEY understand their own stance.

Well, being that a "soul" might actually be yet another Myth created by Religion such an argument as you mention may be pointless anyway.

However, if there is no avoiding it because people insist that their Belief is reality and they must have an answer, then fine. I would imagine that a the child soul would go back to heaven or something but not to hell or anywhere bad since it was innocent.

Unless of course you God has a thing for punishing Innocent Souls in which case I might be wrong. But that would be a pretty crappy God to punish innocent souls so I doubt that's the case.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The confederate flag does not symbolize a singular person's personal view of racism...it symbolized racism itself and literal war fought to further that view.

Planned Parenthood is racist institution because it's founder was a racist in the same way that the Ford F-150 Pick Up truck is "Racist".

So, the founder of PP was an admitted racist. Could she have brought others into the fold who shared her ideas and views? Could those views have been perpetuated through others? See, nobody knows for sure. Regardless, my point was people are so easily able to ignore that past of a select few, yet unwilling to ignore the past of others.

Once we get past all this racist bullcrap, and go forward without trying to find the racism in each other, we will all get along much better. Every time I am called a racist because I'm white, southern, christian, male, etc., it tees me off more and more. It still doesn't make me a racist for getting mad, just makes me an angry old white guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join