It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Interview with Sarah Palin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: retiredTxn

I would suggest more black lives have been lost to PP than the civil war and the time up until after the civil rights movement.

[/quo
edit on 10-8-2015 by reldra because: didn;t format right.

How do you even start to prove that?
edit on 10-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by reldra because: will not let me format or edit.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: reldra

Surface wise, they MUST be helpful, but can you support the recent activities and even the early ideological reasoning that they used? I doubt not.

Why, oh, why can liberals and progressives support abortion when yet they will literally scream if some one kills a kitten?
I just don't get it. "All Life matters."

Well, yes, I do get it. It is a twisted form of the "ME" philosophy:

"Abortions make life much easier for me and my friends after a little mistake."

I can see you don't get it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
It's not like conservatives are being logical or anything.....this sums it up nicely:

And of course federal funds are not allowed to be used for abortions!!

Planed parenthood needs to just be stricly prevention then and send all abortions to doctors who have to do it pro bono . th egovernment could mandate this easily.

ALso Planned parenthood founder was a racist by her own statements and admissions So claiming th ehigh ground should not be a option for them at all.

1) Why?
2) The founder was odd, but she is dead.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
OMFG, Shame her mom didn't go to ...., meh, that's cold. Wow, yeah

who's mom?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is good

It takes the Young Turks to expose a plot by Sarah Palin and Fox News !!!!

A little hard to follow however.

They keep cutting off the good parts.

Good video just the same.

It was just a good example of this. Plot was never mentioned.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: charolais
I have been saying this to many people on social media (Facebook, etc.) who start spewing on about PP. The VAST majority of women go there for cheap, fast OB/GYN services. Abortions are such a tiny fraction that it's laughable the way people are reacting and "want it shut down".

Does cheap OB/GYN services wash away the stain of what they are doing to life that should be constitutionally protected......These stains cannot be washed away and I love watching progressive liberals defend and justify it. I am anti-abortion but not for religious reasons.......I value life......A unborn child is alive....Right.

Yet, what you mention is not 'life' as descried by the constitution. Stains? What do you mean by stains?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Of course, Palin is going to make little sense.
As a preface, I have been to Planned Parenthood multiple times in my life, and no time to get an abortion. The first time was as a young teen and I had had sex for the first time. I wasn't sure if I was going to have sex again for a long time. I just did not know. At the time, my mother was in ungrad Poly Sci at Berkley, didn't have much money. She suggested I get birth control, in case it happened again. Condoms are not 100% and a pregnancy at that age would be disasterous. She gave me and the boyfriend BART fare and $20 to go to Planned Parenthood. I, in fact, chose to wait a few more years to have sex again, but PP was a fantastic resource. I have been back a few times over my life when I didn't have insurance for yearly exams, birth control, std testing. Oddly, they never pushed me to do anything, I just got a LOT of good advice from them and low cost NECESSARY services.

Here is the video that shows how ridiculous conservatives are about this:

EDIT for clarity: Now you know people need to fear-monger. When they don't know something (like Planned Parenthood), it becomes scary. And even though they claim that politicians are liars, they turn around and believe those same politicians every time they say something they want to hear.

I've learned that some people can't seem to function in life without being afraid of something. It's like they're literally addicted to fear & need some new bogeyman to keep them motivated. If Planned Parenthood disappeared today, they'd just try to find a new "ACORN" to go after. Especially since it's election season again. This, Jade Helm, and ISIS will probably be trumped up like 2012's Mayan crap & 2014's Ebola crap.

At least you can see why the Salem Witch Trials & McCarthyism were so effective.
edit on 10-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Their rules,regulations and practices were written b y her so yes her racist leaning DId and DOES come into the equation.

And man i would wrech sarah palin if given the chance. wrowwl!
edit on 15000000ppam by yuppa because: had to ad cougar quip

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Their rules,regulations and practices were written b y her so yes her racist leaning DId and DOES come into the equation.

And man i would wrech sarah palin if given the chance. wrowwl!

If it's the lady I'm thinking of, I readily admit the founder was a racist jerk. Eugenics, Social Darwinism, and government mandated sterilizations were still the norm back then. Many of the union leaders from back then were also racist jerks, specifically the AFL's early leaders. Even FDR was a racist jerk, and he specifically made sure his New Deal programs didn't help African American communities.

But that was a long time ago. Today's Planned Parenthood is very different from the organization she controlled (if it's the same woman I'm thinking of). The best way to find this out is to either go there yourself or ask women who have used its services (like our friendly poster in the OP).

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I personally find NO FAULT in PP, including the alleged selling of fetal tissue for research or any other medical use. The alternative to using the useless tissue is to send it to the pathological destructor for incineration. Look at the bigger picture, folks. The earth is now supporting 7.3 billion people, projected to be 9.7 billion by 2050. I have no clue as to how many starved to death last year, or how many square miles of rain forests were clear cut, or how many gallons of drinkable water are left on the planet. Having read "The Sixth Extinction", I do have a good idea of the progression of the extinction of species in the world now, and recognize that we will probably continue on our path until the balance of nature decrees that humans must take our place in the pecking order and we extinct ourselves. That makes it a moot point whether or not a person or persons decide not to see an unborn fetus carried to term and birthed. What difference does it make, in the grand scheme of things? On a more local and provincial level, how many babies are born who will never have a family, by birth or adoption, in just this country alone? I don't see the people railing against PP lining up to adopt unwanted or undesirable children. They just wave their signs and thump their Bibles and try to make everyone else do their bidding. Wow...Talk about irony.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I personally believe we should have the right to abort babies up to the age of one. Or whenever they start forming actual words (I'm no baby expert). We'll probably arrive there someday at this rate, but not soon enough.

I stand behind PP's abortion services, selling of baby body parts for research, and most Agenda 21 policies. We need less people on the planet. It's that simple. More abortions, more vaccines, more economy downsizing in general, and less resources diverted towards the elderly. According to Bill Gates, the costs to keep some old, useless person alive on some of those machines and medical expenses is enough for a full-time teacher's salary. The choice is pretty clear on these issues.
edit on 8/10/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I have been saying this to many people on social media (Facebook, etc.) who start spewing on about PP. The VAST majority of women go there for cheap, fast OB/GYN services. Abortions are such a tiny fraction that it's laughable the way people are reacting and "want it shut down".

Is that fraction tiny and insignificant enough that PP would be willing to take the smart path, cease performing abortions period, and place the full onus back on Conservatives to either back entirely off the "New" Planned Parenthood or else admit this is "war on women" and keep harassing PP even without abortions happening there?

Before this idea is rejected remember, PP's supporters have said pro choices should just ignore the "tiny" number of abortions PP performs in the past. All I'm trying to establish is whether "tiny" is hypocritically side subjective.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

The small minority of southerners who owned slaves were racist. Not every southerner was racist. Prove every southerner was racist.

How many stood up and said that owning slaves was wrong?

Why not? It's not a racist symbol anymore.

It's not? Perhaps you should break that to the KKK and all the other white supremacist organizations that always waves it when they are crying about blacks. Also the reason it has no place on government grounds is because that would celebrate an act of treason against the United States.

I would suggest more black lives have been lost to PP than the civil war and the time up until after the civil rights movement.

Why do you want to stop after the civil rights movement? Is it because the racist were still killing blacks while flying that flag?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Surface wise, they MUST be helpful, but can you support the recent activities and even the early ideological reasoning that they used? I doubt not.

Yes, I can.

Why, oh, why can liberals and progressives support abortion when yet they will literally scream if some one kills a kitten?
I just don't get it. "All Life matters."

It's pro-choice NOT pro-abortion.

Well, yes, I do get it. It is a twisted form of the "ME" philosophy:

"Abortions make life much easier for me and my friends after a little mistake."

This is a strawman.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Planed parenthood needs to just be stricly prevention then and send all abortions to doctors who have to do it pro bono . th egovernment could mandate this easily.

Pro bono? How would these doctors make a living? You DO know that doctors who perform abortions do that as their career right?

ALso Planned parenthood founder was a racist by her own statements and admissions So claiming th ehigh ground should not be a option for them at all.

Lies and half truths. Not to mention this is irrelevant to the discussion about PP's current practices.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Palin is a sensationalist and the right-wings go-to gal when they need someone to say dumb and extreme things to get people worked up.

They don't actually look in to what she says and the facts involved. They just say, "mmmm, Palin. I'd do her and agree with what she says".

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Without Abortions Planned Parenthood would not be able to be in business. That is why the whole 3% is BS. Over half of their revenue is from on obortion procedures. This is why most people have a problem with PP.

On top of that a lot of their employees are insensitive when it comes to other people's opinion of what a fetus actually is. Those videos show just how insensitive some of those employees are.

BTW, I am somewhere in the middle on the whole abortion issue, but those videos and the way they talk about aborts fetuses is extremely offensive. I do believe the videos were heavily edited, but regardless, the people on those videos have no business working in that field!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tide88

Without Abortions Planned Parenthood would not be able to be in business. That is why the whole 3% is BS. Over half of their revenue is from on obortion procedures. This is why most people have a problem with PP.

Proof?

On top of that a lot of their employees are insensitive when it comes to other people's opinion of what a fetus actually is. Those videos show just how insensitive some of those employees are.

Irrelevant. There is no law that says one MUST be emotional when talking about dead human tissue.

BTW, I am somewhere in the middle on the whole abortion issue, but those videos and the way they talk about aborts fetuses is extremely offensive. I do believe the videos were heavily edited, but regardless, the people on those videos have no business working in that field!

What's offensive is the people believing those videos just because without even considering PP's story (usually because they say that PP's story is biased) even though they originate from a CLEARLY biased source themselves. ATS has apparently forgotten how to deny ignorance.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Many people are scared and afraid that Sarah Palin might be named Secretary of Health and Human Services some day.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Only about 3% of "planned parenthood" funding goes to abortions per se. The rest is medical welfare for pregnant mothers / mothers.

The conservative in the U.S. are truly bonkers. The chance of them winning government with this crop of kooks, led by their esteemed rusty Trumpet, is as likely as peace in the Middle East!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join