It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Post-Election Approval Rating Lower Than Any In Decades

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

While some that are aware, like myself, you say seem to think we dont give a damn....you are correct in a small way, its not that we dont care about what bush is doing from blind alligiance, its more that we dont care what the rest of the world thinks because many of us feel tired of being spit at, demonized, threatened, and treated like we owe the world something.

We were not globally hated untill the war with Iraq turned into a cespool of idiocy. There were a few countries in the Middle east who hated us, but other than that, well, we were pretty much considered the big brother to the world. If you want other countries to stop hating us, then tell your fearless leader to quit invading everyone who he deems an enemy of the state. Soon, we wont have any allies left.

For my 30 year time of being aware of the news and world events, i can tell you now, that as a kid, i was affraid of the threats comming out of the mid east from the hostage crisis onward to now (more fear than against the Russions)...911 only solidified the idea that there is an ideology and places filled with people that desire me, my nation, and my way of life to become extinct.

In my 32 years of being aware, the only thing that ever scared me about international relations was a nuclear war between the US and Russia. The end of the cold war was a very scary time for a child. We were being prepaired for nuke strikes at least once a month. Learning how to hide under the tables and where to get clean drinking water. At no other time in our history did I ever feel threatened except for when Bush took office and began his chatholic crusade agianst his infidels.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
For my 30 year time of being aware of the news and world events, i can tell you now, that as a kid, i was affraid of the threats comming out of the mid east from the hostage crisis onward to now (more fear than against the Russions)

AFraid? I was enraged. Neither Persians nor Arabs ever scared me. Why should they? Carter was impotent in dealing with the hostage crisis. When Reagan came into office, I knew things would be different. He didn't disappoint.

...911 only solidified the idea that there is an ideology and places filled with people that desire me, my nation, and my way of life to become extinct.

If you truly believe that, you need deprogramming immediately. If you should fear anyone it should be the Bush cabal. They've convinced you to hate the predetermined enemy, you've succombed, and now they can invade/occupy whatever country they want with your blessing. It's the same thing they do to recruits in the military. Amazing how well it works.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
We were not globally hated untill the war with Iraq turned into a cespool of idiocy. There were a few countries in the Middle east who hated us, but other than that, well, we were pretty much considered the big brother to the world.

Actually, I disagree. I don't remember being too far interested in politics until I was around 14, but I remember having conversations with my brother and friends about situations around the world, and we were always wondering why everyone hated us. We always concluded that it was because they were jealous haha. Anyway, I remember our country being called a bully long before the events post-9/11.

In my 32 years of being aware, the only thing that ever scared me about international relations was a nuclear war between the US and Russia. The end of the cold war was a very scary time for a child. We were being prepaired for nuke strikes at least once a month. Learning how to hide under the tables and where to get clean drinking water. At no other time in our history did I ever feel threatened except for when Bush took office and began his chatholic crusade agianst his infidels.

Well let's see. I'm in school, and we've NEVER had a "terrorist" drill. My brothers and sister are all in school, I'm pretty sure they've never had to practice hiding under their desks (Because a fake-wooden desk will obviously protect you from a nuclear missile), find safe drinking water, or even practice any kind of anti-terror laws. The media will have you think what it wants. They can do stories about this kind of thing, but it was the same thing as in all of the other wars we were in. The media wants you scared, that's how they get their viewers

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
We always concluded that it was because they were jealous haha. Anyway, I remember our country being called a bully long before the events post-9/11.

Yes, we weren't exactly loved before 9-11.

One gets a much more clear perspective on things when one travels to foreign lands and connects with its peoples.

Before the 1990 invasion of Kuwait, the Iraqi people looked at the USA more favorably than not. Then came the war and years of grinding sanctions that hurt and killed vast numbers of innocent people. Most of them were children. Altho Saddam was the target, it was his people, namely the Shi'ites who suffered. Then came our invasion and occupation which made things much, much more difficult for the majority of Iraqis. Suffering breeds anger and hatred. Because of OUR idiotic policies, We turned a mostly friendly population into one that despises us.

The people of Saudi probably didn't hate us so much until we planted ourselves firmly upon their soil and stayed there after the Gulf War. They viewed us as infidels. They tolerated our presence during that time out of fear of Saddam. When we didn't leave, they saw it as blaspheming their land of the holy sites.

These people don't hate our freedoms.. they hate our presence. They hate the impression of our values upon their cultures. How can we begrudge them of that? It's no different from Jewish parents, or native American Indian parents wanting their children to marry within their own race and to keep their ancient customs. They see those things dying out. Arabs are no different. Their culture, just as ancient, are just as worthy. In that vein, I can understand them wanting to tell Dubya to shove his Wal Mart McWay of life up his brush clearing butt.

Well let's see. I'm in school, and we've NEVER had a "terrorist" drill.

You're too young to remember.. back during the cold war, those silly drills were routine and everyone had some amount of fear regarding nuclear annhilation. It was something, post ww2, we were all conditioned for.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join