It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Post-Election Approval Rating Lower Than Any In Decades

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If Bush actually did win the election (which I know he didn't), how is it his post-election numbers are lower than any other re-elected prez in decades? Seems to me he'd have at least, oh, say 50% I mean, where are ALL those folks who love him so? What happened? Did they just vanish in a cloud of smoke? Did they just turn on him overnight? It doesn't make sense any way you look at it.

Bush supporters: Believe Bush won the election all you want. You're lying to yourselves. You know it down deep. Bush couldn't win the f-en HOKEY POKEY without his Daddy's help.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I havent seen any approval ratings as of yet. What is his percentage? Im guessing about 26%. And IMO, thats being generous.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A new Gallup survey conducted for CNN and USA Today puts Bush's approval rating at 49 percent -- close to his pre-election numbers. That's 10 to 20 percentage points lower than every elected sitting president at this stage since World War II, according to Gallup, which has been tabulating such data since Harry Truman won a full term in 1948.

Bush's Gallup rating echoed a survey published last week by ABC News and The Washington Post, which put his approval rating at 48 percent. That poll also found that 56 percent of Americans said the Iraq war was not worth fighting. Time magazine put Bush's overall approval at 49 percent.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

Still pretty close though

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
According to this table: uspolitics.about.com...

G.W. Bush shouldn't have won a 2nd term, kinda makes you think what changed this time around, heh..

- Attero

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
These numbers only co-incide with the belief that they stole the election. If he had so much support, where's it at? Nothing major has changed since Nov. 2.

The only reason people support the idea that Bush won is because our lame-a$$, corporate, sold out mainstream media TELLS us he won. They're worthless.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wait, how do we know Bush won? Did you count the votes? Did I? No. Who counted them? And if they did, who knows what they said was the truth. Fox News? Cool, so I could get on tv and say Ohio, Indiana, Florida, and say.... Alaska all voted for Kerry. How do you know I am not lieing? Did you the people count the votes? And when the college csays no, Bush won those states, you can all say hey, he stole the election! All the EXIT polls say Kerry won, how did Bush win? And well, hey, you got this now. Well, except exit polls said Ohio and Florida voted for Kerry, yet Bush won them states...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
According to OUR media.. exit polls in the Ukraine are WORD.. here in the USA? They're CRAP. Go figure..

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What could have happened to drop his approval rating so badly?

The man never won the election, Americans didnt vote for him and we know it

But he really won and is laughing at us even as we speak

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If only,
coulda woulda shouda
cry, whine, moan...
boo hooo

As anyone paying attention during the election can easily see, poll #'s swing wildly depending on the direction of the wind....
so what?

even if the poll #'s hit ZERO...Kerry wouldnt be in the whitehouse.

When will we be done huddling together over the spilled milk and get on with life?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Some people need to bear in mind that Bush could poll only 10% and it wouldnt matter because more people voted for Bush on election day then kerry. Bush has droped in the polls because he is no longer looking for peoples votes.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
With approval #'s like that it is doubtful that Bush will be elected again. Oh, wait he can't run again, so the point is mute.

But please keep up the Bush bashing! It is so fun to hear the whines of the left! Don't come up with any new ideas, just keep bashing, and make sure Hillary gets the democratic nomination! Please God, let Hillary run!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
With approval #'s like that it is doubtful that Bush will be elected again. Oh, wait he can't run again, so the point is mute.

But please keep up the Bush bashing! It is so fun to hear the whines of the left! Don't come up with any new ideas, just keep bashing, and make sure Hillary gets the democratic nomination! Please God, let Hillary run!

And you keep right on hateing carseller..........

You are so good at it afterall....

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Need I point out it's not JUST the left that dislikes Bush. Although yeah, what's the point? He rigged an Election? WHO CARES? Everyone tries their best when their in power to make sure they win again. Corruption in Government? Wow, thats a shocker!

Yeah, it'd be fun the hear the right whining if some lefties got in power too. People who beleif's disagree with those of the current governemnt will always moan. So what do you expect? Come on, logic here. The right moans that the left, when in power, isn't letting the large rich businessmen be rich and powerful. I mean, the working class might get rights! Insanity!

Hilary Clinton? Oh dear.... The next election will be interesting to watch for sure.
Oooh, we got one in the UK soon. Great, Like we HAVE a decent candidate.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Some people need to bear in mind that Bush could poll only 10% and it wouldnt matter because more people voted for Bush on election day then kerry. Bush has droped in the polls because he is no longer looking for peoples votes.
huh?
They're approval polls- the lowest of any president in history- stop making excuses for the incompetent.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I found some interesting facts that tend to show America isnt truly happy with Bush and the direction he is taking the country in. This is straight from the Gallop Poll web sight.

George W. Bush Approval Rating
49% Approve
46% Disapprove

Ok, if this is so, then why are these other related and important polls so low?

"State of the Country" Satisfaction Rating:
45% Satisfied
53% Dissatisfied

Economic Confidence Ratings:
37% Excellent/Good
62% Fair/Poor

Source:
www.gallup.com...

So if the approval rating of the president is still relativly close to 50%, Why doesnt any body have confidence that he can effectivly do his job and put America back on track?

It would seem that there is some kind of discrepancy in the polls logic.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
huh?
They're approval polls- the lowest of any president in history- stop making excuses for the incompetent.

I never said I was a Bush supporter all I did was point out the facts as they are it dosnt matter how Bush polls until 2008 he is the president unless he resigns or is impeached .

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Whining? For all of you folks out there in denial over what has taken place in this country and to Democracy, I'll just say this: When Democracy as we've known it for 200+ years fully disappears, and you realize that you are nothing but a slave to the elites, you'll have yourself to blame for your infant-like naivete and willfull ignorance.

And for folks like Carseller, who are so ridiculously blinded by partisanship, I ain't no "lefty." I'm an American who loves this country and calls evil evil wherever it is. And the pendulum swings.....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Im still trying to figure out how Bush can have an approval rating of 49%, but American confidence in his ability to handel our economy is only 37%. I noticed all the Bush supporters have nothing to say about this little tidbit.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yes, and I'm waiting to hear Bush's supporters explain just what exactly has changed from the election 'till now to make his support so tepid. They won't, because they can't. He never has had a majority of support. That is just a media-induced hallucination.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

just what exactly has changed from the election 'till now to make his support so tepid.
What has changed is the short attention spans of the average american with the overall education level of an 8th grader. (no lie...local/network news is geared to this level because its one of the largest demographics)
Polls sway like a kite in the wind....
if Bush had believe the polls at the end of the campaign, Kery would have won...what about your vaunted polls then eh?
Kerry lead almost every poll by just a few points at the end of the campaign yet those numbers swung wildly thru the process as well and in the end didnt reflect the actuallity of the voting populace.

polls are news filler for slow news days, and are SOLD by marketers trying to make themselves and their consulting more important than they really are....

Keep believing in polls like gosple, your only contributing to the ignorance of your fellow citizen while makink some researcher/marketer richer and seemingly more important to dumb executives that rely on bean counting to determine what viewer/listeners want.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by CazMedia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join