It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Post-Election Approval Rating Lower Than Any In Decades

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well thats irony for ya
A Liberal with some moderate views and a Republican with som Libertarian views. And we are being cordial and geting along. You dont see that every day folks.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the "decades" answer....I'm afraid I have missed somthing

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm still waiting for the "decades" answer....I'm afraid I have missed somthing

Sorry about that, LadyV. At this point in his 2nd term, President Bush has the lowest numbers of any two-term president for the same period.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Well thats irony for ya
A Liberal with some moderate views and a Republican with som Libertarian views. And we are being cordial and geting along. You dont see that every day folks.

Kind of refreshing, eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

How long have you been a Republican? The GOP of today is not the GOP of the past 20-30 years. You might want to do some research on the Neo Conservative movement. It might shock you to learn they are LIBERALS who got run out of the Democratic party for being warmongering psychos. And you, proud Republican blindly support that shyte.

Well, it seems there's no convincing you. I have done my research. I learned about all this stuff in school. The republicans' ideals of today are pretty much the same ideals they had all along. I've only really been into politics for a little over a year now. I used to be liberal, but sort of switched over when I started studying the ideals of the parties. I'm 17, so like I said we've been learning about these things this year and last year. I know I'm pretty young, but I've done my research. By the way, thanks for the "blindly" remark. Typical, and another tactic of the left that I see in you. You're not wrong, I'm just "blind" -_-.

You got it backwards, grasshoppa. I voted for Bush in 2000, when he was talkin' the ol' Conservative Republican line. Since you were sleeping in class, I'll let you in on what you missed. The Neo Conservative Cabal ushered in by Cheney, who is actually your president, hijacked the agenda. NEO CONSERVATIVES are NOT CONSERVATIVE and they're NOT Republican. Do yourself a favor and read up on it.

I have read up on it, and they are conservatives. They've done a few things that make them seem more liberal, but overall they're still republicans. What about Bush makes you view him as a liberal? The war? Would a liberal have taken action in Iraq and Afghanistan? Is it that he lowered taxes? Is it that he's for the 2nd ammendment (In the way that you listed)? What has he done to make the govt. bigger? I'm against the patriot act, so don't bother starting that argument. Canada has a bill that's very similar to the Patriot act! Are they neo-cons too?

Run a search. That's easy enuff. I've posted views on many subjects. If you're too lazy to do that here's a brief run-down of some of my beliefs:

I support the 2nd ammendment (gun control)
lower taxes (when not at war)
SMALLER government (something this administration doesn't know ANYTHING about)
STrong national DEFENSE
stronger enforcement of laws pertaining to illegal immigrants
I could go on, but that's quite enuff for now.

Like I posted below, what makes you think Bush is against all of those things? His temporary work-visa solution might seem liberal to you. Is that it? I think the work visa thing is a good idea though. Am I a neo-con now? And please go into detail on what you mean by making the government smaller, and tell me why you think Bush has violated that.

I will stand up for whatever Republican has the balls to stand up for what's right. Like Texas Congressman Ron Paul. If you want to know what a REAL Republican is, do some research on him. It will be well worth your time.

Maybe I will.

Why? Because they're completely brainwashed/intellectually/educationally deficient.
I not-so-lovingly refer to them as the Stepford brigades.

hahaha. Of course, yet another tactic invented by the left. The great majority of the other republicans are just brainwashed or stupid? You've somehow risen above all of them and are one of the few who's gotten it right? This course of logic really makes me mad. Saying that everyone else is just brainwashed because they don't agree with you.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
. Don't try for one second to tell me that it's not easy to mistake kid-finger for someone who's not a republican.

Um.... Im NOT republican, and I refuse to vote republican now. When I vote, I will just check the Democratic ticket box and be done with it. This is why YOU never heard ME stipulate my opinions on neocon Ideals. However, Neocons regularly claim to know ALL ABOUT Liberal ideology, but spread disinformation and out right lies about us

Personally, I think its time to disban the republican party, unless it can reclaim the former glory it once had befor the neocons strangled any decency it had left.

[edit on 1/5/05 by Kidfinger]

My mistake. I meant EastCostKid. I get you two mixed up for some reason. And I think that's horrible that you're just going to check the democrat box... One of the most close-minded things I've heard in a long time. Like liberals don't spread dis-information about conservatives? How about all of the scare-tactics they used before the election? "If you vote for Bush, you or your son will be drafted!!!" Puh-lease.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

My mistake. I meant EastCostKid. I get you two mixed up for some reason.

No problem. It happens all the time.

And I think that's horrible that you're just going to check the democrat box... One of the most close-minded things I've heard in a long time.

Yea, it may be horrible, but it is the way conservatives of this country have made me feel towards them. I have yet to meet a conservative who wont start slinging personal insults when things arnt going thier way in a political debate. If that is a representation of how republican leaders are as a whole, then I dont want them in office. Simple as that.

Like liberals don't spread dis-information about conservatives? How about all of the scare-tactics they used before the election? "If you vote for Bush, you or your son will be drafted!!!" Puh-lease.

Or, how about "If you vote for Kerry, we WILL HAVE ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK!" , or "IF you vote for Kerry, YOU ARE VOTING FOR TERRORISM!"

Puh-lease.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yea, it may be horrible, but it is the way conservatives of this country have made me feel towards them. I have yet to meet a conservative who wont start slinging personal insults when things arnt going thier way in a political debate. If that is a representation of how republican leaders are as a whole, then I dont want them in office. Simple as that.

I think that liberals and conservatives are both guilty of this. Personally, I see more liberal mud-slinging going around. Conservatives are constantly being called "Blind", "Ignorant" "Neo-con", and all sorts of stuff.

Or, how about "If you vote for Kerry, we WILL HAVE ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK!" , or "IF you vote for Kerry, YOU ARE VOTING FOR TERRORISM!"

Puh-lease.

I never said that conservatives aren't doing this as well. In fact, my original point, I believe, was that liberals spread dis-information just like conservatives do.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Herman]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think that liberals and conservatives are both guilty of this. Personally, I see more liberal mud-slinging going around. Conservatives are constantly being called "Blind", "Ignorant" "Neo-con", and all sorts of stuff.

Yes, I admit to calling some conservatives on this board Neocons and the like. I call them Noecons beacause the Ideals that I am being challenged with are Neocon Ideals. What I am reffering to is the blantent personal attackes on my faimly and my self. I have been called a baby murderer (And I dont believ abortion is a means of birth control. so how is that?) I have been called a child abuser because I think a swat on the arse is a good idea when things get out of hand. I have been called a Carl Rove wanna be because of my stance on gun control. Im not talking about calling someone ignorant, after all, we are ALL ignorant about some things.

I never said that conservatives aren't doing this as well. In fact, my original point, I believe, was that liberals spread dis-information just like conservatives do.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Herman]

Agreed. Both sides do thier far share.

[edit on 1/6/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes, I admit to calling some conservatives on this board Neocons and the like. I call them Noecons beacause the Ideals that I am being challenged with are Neocon Ideals. What I am reffering to is the blantent personal attackes on my faimly and my self. I have been called a baby murderer (And I dont believ abortion is a means of birth control. so how is that?) I have been called a child abuser because I think a swat on the arse is a good idea when things get out of hand. I have been called a Carl Rove wanna be because of my stance on gun control. Im not talking about calling someone ignorant, after all, we are ALL ignorant about some things.

Well, all I know is that I don't use those types of insults. Of course, I don't know you personally, however; even if I did I don't think I would resort to personal attacks. In real life I've had personal attacks thrown at me during a political argument (But that's because most of my high-school peers aren't that smart, and that's what they always go to), but never really on this board (Unless you count RANT's posts haha, but that's a given). I've been called a bible thumper and stuff...but that doesn't reallly bother me.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hey Herman, in about 10 years you'll be amazed at how much you didn't know now. I know you won't appreciate me saying it; but it's true.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

How about all of the scare-tactics they used before the election? "If you vote for Bush, you or your son will be drafted!!!" Puh-lease.

Hope you like olive drab. Your nice Republican parents won't be able to buy you out of college when the war machine calls your number. Things are much different now. You might wanna learn some Arabic, too.

One more thing: Learn the difference between Neo Conservatives and traditional, or Paleo Conservatives. (Study Leo Strauss)

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
'Plausible necessary mythology'.......don't you just love the out-right lies, complete loathing and utter lack of respect for their fellow Americans that kind of evil fascist neo-con condescention speaks volumes about?!

Leo Strauss what a guy. Not

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Neo Cons are the most condescending, arrogant, clueless bunch I've ever seen. They know everything about war and yet, none of them have ever even worn the uniform... Unbelievable. Iraq is an uncontrollable inferno and still they talk of taking out Iran and Syria.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Neo Cons are the most condescending, arrogant, clueless bunch I've ever seen. They know everything about war and yet, none of them have ever even worn the uniform... Unbelievable. Iraq is an uncontrollable inferno and still they talk of taking out Iran and Syria.

isn't that funny while I have seen some of my husband friends and retirees been call back to fight in Iraq after 6 years of retirement, people around here that never has been in war, keep planning for more wars in other countries at the expenses of my husband and others that has served in the military already.

I am one of the wifes that has to be everyday worrying about a recall on my husband for active duty, after he served his country for 22 years.

You young people out there that love bush and his war should walk to the nearest recruiting offices and sign so our loves ones that already served this country can rest with their families at home.

What a joke.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You young people out there that love bush and his war should walk to the nearest recruiting offices and sign so our loves ones that already served this country can rest with their families at home.

What a joke.

Amen to that, sistah.
I say put up, or shut up.

Calling up retirees is an act of sheer desperation, not to mention WRONG. Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Feith, Bolton.. the whole rotten bunch of 'em at the Pentagon should've been fired long ago for their ignorance and mendacity.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

They know everything about war and yet, none of them have ever even worn the uniform... Unbelievable.

I dont know.What about that Iran Contra shcmuck Ollie North? Well, he wore a uniform, but he never saw a battle and severly abused his post, and was then lauded as some sort of Billy th Kid legend amoung neocons

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

They know everything about war and yet, none of them have ever even worn the uniform... Unbelievable.

I dont know.What about that Iran Contra shcmuck Ollie North?

I was talking about George Dubya's current bunch.

Yeah, Ollie North was pretty deep in the shyte. To understand his role in Iran Contra and running spooks, a good book to read is "Compromised: Clinton, Bush & the CIA" by Terry Reed.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

To understand his role in Iran Contra and running spooks, a good book to read is "Compromised: Clinton, Bush & the CIA" by Terry Reed.

Read it and loved it

To see just how far down the rabbit hole this problem really goes, try "A Peoples History Of The United States: by Howard Zinn. Best American government History book I have ever read.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

To see just how far down the rabbit hole this problem really goes, try "A Peoples History Of The United States: by Howard Zinn. Best American government History book I have ever read.

Thanks for the tip, Kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join