It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnancy entrapment. Do men have any rights?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am going to keep this short and to the point. I am aware of how STOOPID I am that I got into this situation, so spare me the flak if you can find it within yourself to sympathize with another human being for a few minutes.

Ok, I was dating this girl. After a few weeks she told me she is pregnant from a previous suitor, who is now totally out of the picture. I decided to stick with it and do my best to follow this river down its natural course. Little by little, I saw this woman's lies and truths were getting harder and harder to separate. I started to become highly suspicious of her, and broke up with her because of the doubt she instilled. This was a woman of many secrets.

So we have known each other for about 4 months now. That's at least 4 months she's supposedly been pregnant. She hasn't gained a pound.

Here's the problem: While we were together, she encouraged me not to use condoms under the guise that she is already pregnant. And yes, what a foolish boy am I!

We split up. I am getting tired of playing detective with all her questionable stories and muddled explanations. I broke up with her.

I am now worried she may try to claim I got her pregnant. Why else would she encourage unprotected sex? If not to entrap me!?

Do men have any rights in these situations? Or are we totally at the mercy of this highly despicable and unethical lie? Am I just totally going to be drained through child support payments with no recourse?

Yes, yes, yes. I know it is MY fault (for trusting another human being. Silly me!) I know what a mo-ron I am!

Does anyone have any valuable input? Has anyone ever been through this?

Thanks, ATS. Nice to see you once again.

As always, with love and gratitude, your old pal NB~

edit on 5-8-2015 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You can have a DNA test done once the baby is born. If it's not a match then buh-bye. If it is? Well then, sorry pal.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh jeez. And posted right at 11:11 Terrific!

Is that good or bad?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Get proof from a doctor she is pregnant. If she can't provide that then stop talking to her.

If she is, then demand a paternity test.

Hope for the best.
edit on 5-8-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
You can have a DNA test done once the baby is born. If it's not a match then buh-bye. If it is? Well then, sorry pal.

Yes, true. I gambled. I lost, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Bbwwwaahahaha!
Sorry dude, had to do it.
All you can do is a test for fatherhood.

Aside from that man up, insist on time with the kid and be a great father. You will never regret the child.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What I did when I wanted out, yet suspected a girlfriend may be pregnant, was to stay with her and watch for menstruation (they always leave clues to that and it should only take a month or so to figure it out), and once I was certain I was in the clear, it was over, and I was out. The trick is to not be available sexually for awhile (easily done).
For your specific situation, you may need to get a little more creative, as you've already split up.
edit on 8/5/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh it's not a kid I'm worried about. It's about being entangled with the kind of woman who would concoct this lie and strategy to get herself pregnant by someone she hardly knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Unfortunately, even if the law should TECHNICALLY be on your side, the courts have a tendency to overly favor women in cases like this. If a DNA test comes back telling you that you are the father, even if she lied to get you to sleep with her unprotected, it's still going to be your responsibility to pay child support/care for the child. Also, keep in mind, it's not the kid's fault that the mother is a lying bitch.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Unfortunately, even if the law should TECHNICALLY be on your side, the courts have a tendency to overly favor women in cases like this. If a DNA test comes back telling you that you are the father, even if she lied to get you to sleep with her unprotected, it's still going to be your responsibility to pay child support/care for the child. Also, keep in mind, it's not the kid's fault that the mother is a lying bitch.

This too... It's not the kid's fault you fell for it, and it would be your kid, so at that point, just be the best Dad you can be.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I feel for ya kiddo!

You already broke up and there isn't actually any evidence that she will do that.

If she does, get a DNA test.

If you are the father, you can forget about everything else and see if you can make it work somehow.

Most things are really not worth worrying about and mistakes are fine as long as you survive and don't repeat them.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"Stupid is as stupid does."

Really? You have unprotected sex with a person who may or may not be having unprotected sex with other people?

Did you take biology in high school?

Watch this video....

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes, true. I gambled. I lost, right?

No, it's how you play your cards. I'm sorry you have found yourself in this position. Try not too get to far ahead of yourself.
edit on 5-8-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes. I know it is MY fault (for trusting another human being. Silly me!) I know what a moron I am!

You're not a moron, you were manipulated. She definitely is trying to control you.

Refuse to have any contact with her.

If she calls hang up, if she comes over, don't open the door.

That will piss her off, maybe cause her to do something stupid you can get documented.

By the way, she's probably not pregnant either, just used that as a hook.

ETA: Because you said this…

That's at least 4 months she's supposedly been pregnant. She hasn't gained a pound.

edit on 5-8-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
"Stupid is as stupid does."

Really? You have unprotected sex with a person who may or may not be having unprotected sex with other people?

Did you take biology in high school?

Watch this video....

Not sure but you may be screwed. (no pun intended)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Hey! I knew you would show up! Thanks for stopping by

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Do men have any rights in these situations?

You have the right to wear a condom , if you choose not to exercise that right then I'm afraid you must prepare to deal with the consequences , other than that you have no rights.
Chances are she won't be pregnant and you will have learned a valuable lesson.

Oh and always wear protection if you're in unknown waters.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Thanks for your kind reply. It's nice to have even a little support here.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
You have the right to wear a condom

Even a condom just reduces the risk factor. She lied about the level of risk for pregnancy, but I was still dumb enough to believe it.

Ick! I feel awful.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Hey! I knew you would show up! Thanks for stopping by

LOL. Why would you say that? You're being sarcastic I can tell.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join