It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas facing an increase in unwanted pregnancies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

oh thats right.
all the guys fault.
screw him

the woman does not need to know the person she is having sex with? does she not have to take responsibility in the prevention?

takes 2 to do the dance but only 1 to make the decision

edit on 4-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

As an older woman, that is the part that is maddening. No one wants to hold the fathers responsible for not protecting himself from disease and getting a woman pregnant.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2
How about people just stop having sex without a condom or birth control medicine if they don't want the risk of having a baby?

If a woman wants to poke around in herself with a bent rusty coat hanger, let her. If she wants to ingest some foreign mystery pill to hopefully abort, let her.

If you can't control your own body and actions, by showing some restaraint when you have no condoms, or no money to afford condoms, then sorry, but you get what you deserve.

Keep your # in your pants, problem solved.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.
STOP LOOKING FOR A GOVERNMENT BAILOUT!

What government bailout* is that?

The total contribution to PP year is less than what it cost to run the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan for half day.

I looked this up for another thread. You might be interested.

Fox's Attempt To Smear Planned Parenthood With "Taxpayer Calculator" Doesn't Add Up

Finally, Fox's investigation of Planned Parenthood's revenue and the American taxpayer's contribution to that revenue provides no useful context for the viewer. In 2014, the federal government spent nearly 900 times more than Planned Parenthood collected from all government sources in 10 years; the $4.3 billion price tag Fox highlighted represents a miniscule portion of total government spending over the same period. Likewise, the 10-year burden shouldered by Fox's "average taxpayer" represents a tiny fraction of their total income over that period. According to Fox News, a taxpayer with earnings in excess of $2.5 million over a decade would contribute only about $40 annually. Meanwhile, the average taxpayer, with a median household income of roughly $52,000 per year, would contribute only about $1.50 per year to Planned Parenthood, according to Fox's own calculations.

And that $1.50? It's for ALL their services, of which abortion, IF you even in your imagination include it, at the higher of the 3%-5% estimates, comes out to .075 cents. Not even a penny.
edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

oh thats right.
all the guys fault.
screw him

the woman does not need to know the person she is having sex with? does she not have to take responsibility in the prevention?

Of course she does. Works both ways. But you were addressing the father's part, so I did.

The decision thought, and the lifelong consequence is in the end hers though. As you yourself said, her body, her lifelong commitment. Her ultimate decision.
edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

As an older woman, that is the part that is maddening. No one wants to hold the fathers responsible for not protecting himself from disease and getting a woman pregnant.

what is maddening to me is people want to lay it all on the guy.
of course the guy needs to protect himself but the woman needs to take responsibility as well

again, infinite number of scenarios

lets just say the guy takes responsibility and protects himself by using a condom.
then lets say the condom breaks.

now what?

screw the father right?
if he wants to keep it and she dont....pregnancy terminated
if he wants to abort and she dont.......18 years of child support

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

im not exactly ok with people being ok or not ok when it comes to a woman having an abortion.
not really anyones business except for the mother

...and yet, here is the problem with that. In what other realm of law in America is anything remotely similar in effect? A woman cannot chose to sell her body for sex. Americans cannot choose to take illicit narcotics. If an American chooses to attempt suicide and is discovered, they will be rushed to the ER for treatment to save their life. Americans cannot choose to drive without wearing a seatbelt. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The law is a hypocrite and the abortion issue is the law's Achilles' heel.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My apologies then. There's been a LOT of discussion here about this lately, and it's all a big blur in my head as to who said what at times. I've corrected my offending post.

Not a problem at all, the issue can get convoluted and heated...

No offense taken

Much love Lucidity

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...and yet, here is the problem with that. In what other realm of law in America is anything remotely similar in effect? A woman cannot chose to sell her body for sex. Americans cannot choose to take illicit narcotics. If an American chooses to attempt suicide and is discovered, they will be rushed to the ER for treatment to save their life. Americans cannot choose to drive without wearing a seatbelt. Etc. Etc. Etc.

sorry but i dont see how any of that relates to abortion.
a woman can choose to sell her body for sex. happens all the time
people can and do choose to do illicit narcos
people do chose to drive without a seatbelt.... i do it every day

im just not understanding your point

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What's your solution? Do you want to make abortion illegal?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I call the prospect of depending on the concept of "abstinence" stupid.

I call religion stupid.

And, having left Texas...thankfully...I can safely say, Texas, is stupid.

Ciao, stupidity! Viva los estupidos! Viva Texas, poca Mexico!!!!

I find classifying a whole state and all its people , a lot more ignorant then your accusation actually

And if you were accurate , then youd know its not abstinence only, never has been......

Keep repeating it tho, its as clueless as your blanket statement

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

oh thats right.
all the guys fault.
screw him

well yes...exactly!!

I hope it is no surprise that the consequences of pregnancy are somewhat skewed so the female gets a lot more of them if the guy decides to make a runner - blame biology, evolution, god.....however it is you think human reproduction came about!!

that said contraception, or lack thereof, is both an individual and collective choice - it only takes one part of the equation to make it, and whether the guy scarpers or not, parenthood is for life!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

My understanding is that there is high demand for newborn babies as adoptions. So, I question whether this is a real problem, or a manufactured problem. Its true there is less of a demand for babies that are not white, but I know a family that did adopt a black child, so I know that happens as well. He has a loving family and is doing great as an adult.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

i can see adoption being an option for some but i can totally understand it not being an option for others.

carrying a fetus you dont want only to have to go through the rigors of the birth seems kind of cruel to me

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Bovah2

If a woman wants to poke around in herself with a bent rusty coat hanger, let her. If she wants to ingest some foreign mystery pill to hopefully abort, let her.

But....Don't let her have access to a sterile, safe and affordable abortion!

Why should we provide that???

I'm going to go get drunk and drive home, stay off the freeway so I have a safe and fun drive down the highway.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Bovah2 because: (no reason given)

link   

There is no 100 per cent solution for this. But if both parties would take precautions instead of being sluts, the rates of unwanted babies, STD's, abortions would reduce drastically. But, I am think something else is going on.

link   
I don't understand why people cannot grasp the concept of freedom. The Supreme Court ruled on this issue long ago, so why is it still an issue today?

People have the right to do what they want...let them exercise that right even if we don't like what they do with it.

Do you want people telling you what you can do with your rights? If not, who are you to tell others what they can or cannot do?

It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I don't understand why people cannot grasp the concept of freedom. The Supreme Court ruled on this issue long ago, so why is it still an issue today?

People have the right to do what they want...let them exercise that right even if we don't like what they do with it.

Do you want people telling you what you can do with your rights? If not, who are you to tell others what they can or cannot do?

It's really that simple.

They do, they can freely drive to those clinics ad get their abortions, no one is stopping them........

Your point is moot

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

youre right.
IF both parties took precautions this would not be an issue
however, that does not happen so the IF argument really does not hold water

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah...so true. This one kind of stings too. There's GOT to be some sanity to this whole situation. Less shouting and emotion. More clarity and compromise.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Correct. But why all the outrage lately? Why the need to go record and release videos trying to catch PP in some illegal act?

Why are we debating this at all and why is this thread even necessary?

Because some people want and actively push to stop people from having that freedom.

That is not just a threat to people who want to have an abortion, that is a threat to all freedoms and unfortunately too many people cannot see that even though it's right in front of their face.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join