It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas facing an increase in unwanted pregnancies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
You might also be interested in this article.

The Rise of the DIY Abortion in Texas

Thank you for posting that article. I cannot even imagine what these women go through.

Now you will see women resorting to using coat hangers again.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Who said I wanted to shut them down?

Yet another assumption.

Good job

Oh. My bad. I made that assumption from reading your posts in other threads. So correct me and summarize your issue with abortion and/or PP if you don't mind. Is it just the allegation of selling baby parts you take issue with?

You would be correct

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's some cutting satire:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My apologies then. There's been a LOT of discussion here about this lately, and it's all a big blur in my head as to who said what at times. I've corrected my offending post.

edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah, and the rhetoric starts.

You're missing the point. If a woman is desperate enough, she will do whatever it takes to terminate her pregnancy. So you're okay with women getting back alley abortions, swallowing God knows what kind of pills, using coat hangers, and killing themselves?

It's mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I call the prospect of depending on the concept of "abstinence" stupid.

I call religion stupid.

And, having left Texas...thankfully...I can safely say, Texas, is stupid.

Ciao, stupidity! Viva los estupidos! Viva Texas, poca Mexico!!!!

edit on 4-8-2015 by nullafides because: Because, it's just stupid.

edit on 4-8-2015 by nullafides because: because organized religion is just so amazingly ridiculous...sheep, following sheep...generation, after generation...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

i dont know why people dont get that.
there are more ways to abort than going to the clinic

women will continue to have abortions.
ideally they should be able to do it in a clean, sterile environment with medical professionals.
but then again, like i said earlier....
people are stupid.

self administered terminations will skyrocket if women dont have access

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

i dont know why people dont get that.
there are more ways to abort than going to the clinic

women will continue to have abortions.
ideally they should be able to do it in a clean, sterile environment with medical professionals.
but then again, like i said earlier....
people are stupid.

self administered terminations will skyrocket if women dont have access

I totally agree!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So Texas might be or could be or quite possibly be facing more unwanted pregnancies......
Or maybe knowing an abortion will be hard to come by, they might take more precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
Considering the first line of the article is "The war on women is a nationwide phenomenon", I'm sure the writer was completely unbiased in presenting the article. Bbwwahaha! Wink wink

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So Texas might be or could be or quite possibly be facing more unwanted pregnancies......
Or maybe knowing an abortion will be hard to come by, they might take more precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

OR
see the people are stupid argument

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think that many people are simply unaware that this is not a modern issue. It is pervasive throughout history and spans all cultures, and was often a well-kept secret.

There is a very deep-seeded desperation that comes from within, from a variety of factors, that is just something women have always needed to cope with throughout history. At times it may not appear rational to the outside observer. It may appear horrific or abhorrent. But it is something that no one not going through it can really ever fully understand.

So what we have today, in the modern world, is a battle to try to help those facing these issues without making it even worse for them, keep them safe and even maybe educate along the way, even if that offends or horrifies some. And this isn't even an issue of class or race or morality, as it spans all classes and all races and even affects some who thought they were set in their morality. That said, the desperation can be much more magnified if one does not have the means or support.

And again, pragmatically speaking, it will never go away. Though we can find ways to lessen the chances of unwanted pregnancies (and the rates of abortion have gone down...look it up), it will never be entirely eliminate as accidents and hormones and, yes, sometimes even just plain laziness and stupidty (rarer than most think with the right education) happen. But until we find way to truly demystify and destigmatize educate, we still have to deal with the issues of safety and support as we do this.

Abortion in the Ancient and Premodern World

edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Everything is bigger in Texas including the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Yehaw

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
If a woman is desperate enough, she will do whatever it takes to terminate her pregnancy. So you're okay with women getting back alley abortions, swallowing God knows what kind of pills, using coat hangers, and killing themselves?

*sigh*
Here is the problem, and it actually requires both sides to show a little bit of compassion and attempt an understanding. (asking a lot these days, I know.) Many of the pro-life supporters view the fetus as a baby, an infant human. To those people, an abortion is a murder. On the other side of the coin, you have people arguing that it is not a life and attempting to dehumanize the fetus. In the middle the nation has policies on the books like the Unborn Victims of Violence Act en.wikipedia.org... which seem to classify the difference between a fetus and a human life based purely on which one is the most convenient to the courts at the time.

No, I am not "okay with women getting back alley abortions, swallowing God knows what kind of pills, using coat hangers, and killing themselves." That's some asinine hyperbole right there. At the same time, I'm not exactly okay with a set of laws which define a life and that life's rights based entirely on the whims of a separate human being. I think the law is broken and I think a society which has *ahem* "terminated" nearly 60 million human lives in the last 42 years is woefully decayed and perverse. There's a demand to "respect the woman," yet there seems to be no respect for the life... it makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

im not exactly ok with people being ok or not ok when it comes to a woman having an abortion.
not really anyones business except for the mother....and of course the father but that is a whole different argument.
nobody seems to care about the father.

only the lump of cells matter

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How about people just stop having sex without a condom or birth control medicine if they don't want the risk of having a baby?

If a woman wants to poke around in herself with a bent rusty coat hanger, let her. If she wants to ingest some foreign mystery pill to hopefully abort, let her.

If you can't control your own body and actions, by showing some restaraint when you have no condoms, or no money to afford condoms, then sorry, but you get what you deserve.

Keep your # in your pants, problem solved.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.
STOP LOOKING FOR A GOVERNMENT BAILOUT!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As a born and raised Texan, I found it astonishing the power of Fundamentalist Christianity in the political processes of Texas, both locally and at the State house in Austin.

There is no separation of church and state in Texas. To be honest, I'm surprised there are still any PP offices open.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
They could try personal responsibility and birth control

Accidents happen of course.

But "unwanted" pregnancies is a very broad term

At some point people have to be accountable for their actions

Also. You can get an abortion in just about any major city here so

Not sure where their facts or proof is but pp is alive and well here and every highschool has sex Ed. And it's not abstinence only

Also the same state that want to preach abstinence only sex education, seems to working as well as the statistics say it does.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

While the woman bears the ultimate burden and consequence of the action, the fathers decisions come earlier, up to and including knowing the person they are having sex with and taking the responsibility of prevention and knowing the person he is with and what the ultimate outcome of an unwanted pregnancy might be.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

If a woman wants to poke around in herself with a bent rusty coat hanger, let her. If she wants to ingest some foreign mystery pill to hopefully abort, let her.

But....Don't let her have access to a sterile, safe and affordable abortion!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Compromise is a word that has lost its meaning now days. People also refuse to even attempt to see the opposite opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join