It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas facing an increase in unwanted pregnancies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How long has it been difficult to get an abortion in Texas? I've lived here all my life and known people to walk in and out a clinic without any issues whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Texas is hell-bent on infinite growth including population growth. After all, how can businesses keep increasing profits without more consumers? Of course they don't care about all the problems it causes like traffic and decreasing water supplies.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Haven't you got the morning after pill in America, or is that against religious dogma as well?. Or are they charging a thousand dollars a pop.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

All of those things are illegal in the USA. Whereas, abortion is considered a "right" because "it is the woman's body and her choice." That's the connection. It is inconvenient to the pro-choice crowd and to the pro-life crowd because, one way or another, one set of laws must change to remove the situation from being hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Of course we do, It's about $45 around here.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The law is a hypocrite and the abortion issue is the law's Achilles' heel.

What's your solution? Do you want to make abortion illegal?

Either make abortion illegal, or open the law up to a free for all where prostitution, drugs, suicide, etc are all legal rights. One or the other, so long as we're consistent.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

why can there be only the 2 conditions??

link   

The latter seems more pragmatic. If only we could have something like a decade long social experiment with minimal government interference in people's personal affairs, look at the stats after that run and see what results.

a reply to: CB328

What on earth are you talking about? We have long-term strategies in place to deal with water shortages due to projected population growth. Have you seen all the ongoing road construction through this state? No clue where you get that from.
edit on 4-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

link   
People who engage in intercourse run the chance that a baby might occur as a result of that particular action.

Now if abstinence is out of the question, there are other means available to avoid the creation of a human life.

I wonder if those that have participated in the creation of a human life were aware of these recent scientific achievements that inhibit the fertilization of the egg.

I also have to wonder if Obamacare, which everyone has, because it is the law that you have to have it, covers these ""birth control" devices.

link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
How long has it been difficult to get an abortion in Texas? I've lived here all my life and known people to walk in and out a clinic without any issues whatsoever.

There have been some changes.

Two years ago, when Texas passed one of the toughest laws in the country regarding abortion services, the number of clinics offering the procedure dropped from 41 to 19.npr

link   

originally posted by: introvert
I don't understand why people cannot grasp the concept of freedom. The Supreme Court ruled on this issue long ago, so why is it still an issue today?

Because god and conservatism.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tag

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I heard in Texas there is a 9 month waiting period
to get an abortion.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well, unless we talk about it and put it out there, you are right there is no hope. I don't believe in giving up. These methods seemed to work for my 30 something three kids. I did not want to raise anymore children than three. Sex education was an open topic in the house.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I have a friend that adopted 3 Asian children.
He actually had to mail order kids from the other side of the world because of our adoption system. Those rules should be changed.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Be good time for anti abortionist to open their doors and wallets. Oh wait, they are not responsible after the birth. /s

Yep. Ironic, ain't it. While in the womb, they are "precious innocent babies". The moment they are born, they become "useless welfare leeches". It's like they want people born so they can have someone to hate and blame. Pretty sadistic.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We definitely agree on that one. Most of the teenage girls that I know that got pregnant before 17, kept their babies. There have been four of them when my kids were teenagers. They did not want abortion. They really wanted to find a good home for the baby with loving parents. But, most of them did not come from loving homes, so they believe their babies will end up the same. No trust in adults.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Men need more options than the condom.

Male contraceptives are LONG overdue. I know tons of guys that would line up for a yearly shot in the arm to prevent having to pay child support.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Men need more options than the condom.

Male contraceptives are LONG overdue. I know tons of guys that would line up for a yearly shot in the arm to prevent having to pay child support.

I'd love to see men take responsibility.

www.newmalecontraception.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

why can there be only the 2 conditions??

On abortion I would say because you either have to acknowledge that you are talking about a human being's life or you aren't.

Trying to split hairs on this or that week is more or less just semantics, either you are allowing women to kill their own children for matters of convenience, whether it be for their own selfish reasons or reasons of convenience to the state or both, or you admit that there is a human being whose life should be preserved if at all possible because life is precious and we all have an unalienable right to our lives.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Re the OP:

If putting a restriction on abortion after the 20th week is suddenly causing a skyrocket in the number of unplanned pregnancies, the women of Texas must be the stupidest ones around to not be able to figure out they're pregnant sooner than that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join