It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET wont talk to us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

"archaic laws of intellect fail abysmally at understanding reality " which is why we use science!

Btw - why am I'm being selfish? Although I have drifted off topic ;-)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

We are fearful of an overlord species.
a reply to: Boscov

Why do you assume they'd be seen as an overlord species? I would prefer the thought that they could represent a big brother-like species. Those that we could look up to for guidance. We could surely use some of that..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

"archaic laws of intellect fail abysmally at understanding reality " which is why we use science!

What you have described in one quote is exactly the reason why
science is the new religion... because in order to embrace the
theoretical edge of it is also the beginning of insanity.
The drift is, how much "crazy stuff" has been invented since the
ET have been brought into the discussion? Maybe we DO need
small doses of the unreal to condition us for a genuine dialog
with the real pros.

I personally think there are a lot of us that are not at all ready
to crack the bedroom window and speechlessly BS with Mr. Grey
about the NL Central and who may get the Pennant-- much less
the indestructible substance of the universal soul fragment (each of us).
For the record I also count self as the 35th percentile of Terran rat-
brains: on a good Tuesday.

What common ground could we have for the discussion that wouldn't
tear the average Earth guy/gal 's mind a new one?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Super OP, and thank you. Bumped on just merit of content, as always.
As later on having replied to MarsisRed, I feel also we're not even close
to communicating with anybody advanced enough to not destroy them-
selves just because they can . It could too easily translate to self
destructive behavior to allow technology transfers with evil slugs.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here's a silly thought for you. What if we offended them. Something I figured out in my study of Christianity.

Quite simply, in the first century the Jews managed to trigger a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And it's still running. From Malachi 4. The last 2 sentences of the Old testament.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And Matthew 17.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

So if God is actually an ET then we may have horribly offended them by killing their emissaries.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Or perhaps we're nothing more than rats in a maze to be observed and experimented on. We're so nieve to think that an advanced extraterrestrial/interdimentional civilisation wouldn't have the capability to interact on our planet/plane in complete secrecy. We humans are the greatest tool for the suppression of disclosure.

Tell people God exists, they'll buy it. Tell them the paint is wet, they have to touch it to believe.

Direct people to the plethora of evidence proving the existence of alien life, they laugh and roll their eyes. Easily manipulated. Easily programmed.

Even if E.T. floated down to middle of Times Square and shook pedestrians hands, it would likely be forgotten in a few generations and everyone would deny it ever happened.

If we could grasp but a fraction of the true nature of the cosmos, most would fall to their knees knowing how trully insignificant and unimportant we are.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why do people never consider the possibility that ET life is just as retarded as humanity? They've probably near extincted themselves a few times and are just now getting back into a bronze age..

Or they've destroyed a few worlds by stripping them of everything they can for a few million years and then move onto a new world. Sort of like a crop rotation, but planets...

I would wager ET are pretty much A-Holes.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: raymundoko
If they were a-holes they would have effed us up a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

a reply to: raymundoko
If they were a-holes they would have effed us up a long time ago.

Well there are plans for a new hyperspatial
bypass being built down at the local
office (Alpha Centauri). That's pretty
effed up.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the A holes that are harder to see are always stinkier..

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

On the contrary. ET could be talking to us right now. But we're too arrogant to accept that their communication technology may be so much more advanced than ours, that we may never be able to recognize it.

Just imagine humans trying to communicate with earthworms. We could shower them with Morse code, wireless signals, songs, holograms, and even paintings. But they literally don't have the capability to understand or even recognize our attempts. At most, they'd feel some vibrations from our songs or feel slight irritation from the magnetic fields from our technology (maybe). And don't bother showing them a microchip. It would literally be no different than random slabs of metal to them.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Or they have wanted to eff us up for a long time but some alien "hippies" are standing in their way with "green" legislation to protect the indigenous species of this planet.

Effing Greenies always screwing up progress.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hi SLAYER69

I personally think that ATS member sleeper (Lou Baldin) has some very interesting thoughts about why that is and so much more, in fact he answered many questions about that all here on ATS.
Of course it is entirely up to the reader to determine what he/she will think or find about it all.

I became aware of him due John Lear in 2007 in an interview he had on Coast to Coast with Art Bell and spoke about a very interesting member named ‘sleeper’ on ATS and of which John was convinced that what that person was saying there was the real deal.
Immediately after that interview I became a member of ATS and start reading sleeper’s posts in his thread “I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials “.
And from the first moment I read his answers on by members asked questions, and I cannot explain it, it looked to me as if many pieces of the puzzle fall on their place, and I became overwhelmed with the feeling that what he said there must be the real deal and I started to devour everything he said there and became completely hooked to his information.

sleeper posted these two very interesting threads here about the ufo phenomenon and what it is according to him all about.

Are Extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Raska from Open Minds Forum extracted most of Sleeper's answers from the first thread and grouping them in categories.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Sleeper's Answers on ATS
Source: Forum Above Top Secret, Sleeper's Thread: " Are Extraterrestrials Real? As Real as the Nose on Your Face"
From April 2005 to May 2006, Sleeper, a member of the Above Top Secret Forum answered questions about his experience with ET's in a thread named: "Are Extraterrestrials Real? As Real as the Nose on Your Face" The thread runs for 110 pages and is still online.
I extracted most of Sleeper's answers, grouping them in categories. The members' questions are not copied, they are easily guessed from Sleeper's answers. Answers including personal context to be read by individual members are not included.
The text appears here in the same order it was posted on the thread, the first month's questioning was mostly about the craft, the Army and disclosure, while months later the interest was set on the soul, death and after death, and cosmology. All together, it is quite dense.
Sleeper's text is copied as it is without any changes, except for punctuation. I mainly added periods at the end of sentences. There are 18 chapters and 56 pages. The number before the chapter's title refers to the page number.

●2- The Craft
●3- Military
●5- Contact 1/2
●8- Technologies 1/2
●12- Disclosure & Government
●15- Aliens Versus Humans 1/3
●19- Contact 2/2
●21- Far & Beyond
●22- Aliens Versus Humans 2/3
●26- The Future
●29- Technologies 2/2
●32- The Soul
●34- Aliens Versus Humans 3/3
●38- Life & Death
●42- Religions
●47- Abductions
●49- Cosmology
●52- Earth Today
●56- Epilogue

Immense thanks to Sleeper and thanks to John Lear who made me discover these great conversations. Thanks to all ATS members for their wish to know more. It has been a joy and an honor to do this.
Raska from Open Minds Forum October 2008

edit on 5/8/15 by spacevisitor because: corrections

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

Sigh, on the contrary, it was the intellect of the ancient minds for instance Aristotle etc. who began the process of science.. I AM NOT GOING TO ARGUE OVER THAT either.. As I said, you might be right..

Now to get back on the right track, and if you don't understand what I just said, it's not my problem, don't argue with me over it, it is selfish, and it takes away from a good, thread, I am trying to add, my opinions on the topic, it is best not to question my opinions only to try and discredit me, or my opinion or try to make me look like an ass, it is rude. Our views on reality is skewed, and I believe it will remain that way, we come from the same ancestry that believed the world was flat, and Earth was the center of the universe, now fast forward to now, and in essence we still have the same kind mind set on things. It appears to be difficult for humanity, mankind to practically accept, that we exist in a technology not our own.. It seems just because we can mathematically or utilize a law of physics or some branch of science to make logical sense of how something functions, it does not institute within ourselves the understanding of WHY it there, doing what it doing or what its real purpose is.. Stars, the universe black holes, gravity, HELL Electricity..

That is my point, we have to perceive or accept the idea, that we do not know anything about these things, then we need to focus, on trying understand why we are limited to it..

Their is a very strong possibility we exist Life, exists because Life was created by E.T's etc. Because for instance our planet is placed close enough to a star, and it has an atmosphere to produce life as we know it... We have a moon, in just the right spot to keep our planet balanced I will say for life.. This is an irony...

Now the element of chance exists and perhaps I am here typing to people world wide by chance...

I think mankind has developed a psyche a way of thought, that hinders further understanding of things alien to us..

We are all part of our surrounding, aliens are all part of there surrounding par se.

An advanced alien species that has the capability of inter galactic and inter dimensional travel would blow our minds back, we would probably not be able to focus on them properly and their movements to us in itself would terrify us because it would defy our reality, our understanding, our great science.. Our great Physics...

So how in the hell, would we communicate with that?

I believe communication does not occur for this sole reason.. I do not think our governments talk with aliens on a regular basis.. Again their is chance, I am not sure how that communication would occur, they would be so advanced and evolved..

Anyhow I am just trying to bring things down to earth, I like the op and I like the topic, I do not want to try and explain what I am saying on an individual basis on this thread, it is my opinion and my belief based off of my experiences..

Not everyone will understand my posts, and that is not my problem.. I am not trying to reach everyone..

thank you.

edit on b282015-08-05T15:28:20-05:00America/Chicago83176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
One of the worst mistakes in protocol...that NASA has made, which could cause irreparable harm to intergalactic relations --- is sending radioactive plutonium laden probes to other planetary bodies in space.

edit on 5-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
One of the worst mistakes in protocol...that NASA has made, which could cause irreparable harm to intergalactic relations --- is sending radioactive plutonium laden probes to other planetary bodies in space.

By all means, let's avoid sending a lot of RADIATION into space, which is awash with all kinds of radiation.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

We are fearful of an overlord species.
a reply to: Boscov

Why do you assume they'd be seen as an overlord species? I would prefer the thought that they could represent a big brother-like species. Those that we could look up to for guidance. We could surely use some of that..

That's sweet. Not going to happen. If they show up it will be because we have something they want. Most likely, our planet, or it's resources.
edit on 8/5/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yup. The natural hard radiation in space
makes those few kilos of plutonium
look like baby formula in comparison.

And it would take tens of thousands
of years to get to Alpha Centauri say...
but none of those probes are even
pointed there.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I agree. They say that trillions of neutrinos pass through our bodies every second. What if aliens have been trying to communicate with us through a form of technology based on them? Human scientists completed a trial a few years ago where they sent a wireless message through neutrinos.

Researchers Send "Wireless" Message Using Elusive Particles

I haven't followed up on this work, but it makes a point. We could be getting showered in ET's attempts to communicate w/us. They could be sending holograms in a part of the light spectrum that we can't see. Or they could be masters of nanotechnology & biotechnology, with their intergalactic probes being too small for the naked eye to see. The point is, we simply wouldn't have advanced our technology to the point where we could notice their communication attempts, much less decipher them.

It seems that people are expecting intelligent alien life to be humanoid primates with metallic technology like us.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Nice, simple philosophical musings.

However, questions to ponder:

1) If they don't talk to YOU, does that mean that they are not talking to ANYONE of us?
2) If they (let's talk about them as single monolithic group for simplicity's sake) talk to you, can you understand?
3) If they are possibly technologically superior and can hide however they wish, why would they be afraid of this species (us being more like a surface nuisance, to paraphrase George Carlin)
4) If they observed us, why would they care - even to the degree of playing with and/or advancing the species?
5) Can we find anything aching to probabilistic proof for this?

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join