It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET wont talk to us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Proceeding on the premise that ET exists and are aware of our presence.

We are a warring species, We wage war not only among ourselves but on our environment and have and will continue to drive other indigenous species to extinction in our drive for planetary dominance. Disagree? Open any unbiased history book of your choice. Why should they make contact with us?

Sure we have art, literature, music and mathematics etc and a great capacity for good when the chips are down but at this stage in the game we are infants that rather poke something with a stick first instead of extending the hand of diplomacy.

Observing us as a anthropological study of a young intelligent species would seem to be prudent imho. Who knows, maybe they perceive us simply as a slightly more advanced relative of the apes. In which case they could possibly be guiding us through means we simply haven't truly grasped yet. Influencing us through our media for social change or scientific/philosophical understanding of our true place in the cosmos for example.

Would this be a bad thing?

Is it even possible?

I dunno, in my lifetime I've lived through an explosion of technological advancements, advances in science, mathematics and social change. This pace has only increased and signs point to it increasing exponentially. Are we simply evolving or have we been lead unknowingly towards a more compatible state of being so we may eventually take our place among them as full members of a greater community?

So, for now, ET wont talk to us.

Do you blame them?

edit on 4-8-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Nope don't blame them. God save the pigmee aliens assuming we get space faring technology anytime soon, I imagine a document similar to manifest destiny describing why we have a god given right to their world. If I were an advanced alien race and I was watching id destroy humanity before it could go Borg on my ass. That's assuming that they themselves wouldn't have the same psychological and sociological maturity, surely they wouldn't right?
edit on 4-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

They have no need to reply.

No. It would be a good thing!

That second to last question - is the big one!

And is; as I see it - the drive toward exploration that we succumb to as a species and spend
gazillions on, both as amateurs along with big budget Govt. as well as private industry mega $$.

So yeah, hehe - who knows?

And no, I would not blame them, I would be more surprised that some believe that communication is a given.
Considering we can not as far as I'm aware; communicate with dolphins or whales ...

Lions and Girraffes for that matter ( sorry off topic steam release...)!

They would be target practice in mainland USA.

Maybe they'll turn up in Fiji !??

Or Hawaii ? They'd likely be lei'd instead !

The big questions ...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We're all pretty savage and I can't speak for all of us, but I'm sure they'd love a chat with me over some drinks.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

If there is an alien species or are alien species observing us, interacting through subversive means, possibly they have nothing good to say about humans. "If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all."

They may be waiting us out, too early to tell if we will "get it", or there is the possibility that they do not exist, contrary to our observations.

What kind of culture will they respond to in an benevolent manner? We are fearful of an overlord species. We are fearful of a judgemental species. We are fearful of any other species, because most of us believe we are the chosen, the stewards of life. We are fearful of advanced technology we do not understand, do not control.

If they did show up, we would try to mimic their tech to gain an advantage over them, over our environment, over all life, over our susceptibility in any environment. We must learn to make do with less, to choose less yet accomplish more. If and when we do that, and if they exist, then they will grace us with their existence, if they have good intentions.

I choose to believe they exist, however, we do not need them.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
We are fearful of an overlord species. We are fearful of a judgemental species. We are fearful of any other species, because most of us believe we are the chosen, the stewards of life. We are fearful of advanced technology we do not understand, do not control.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I agree that we will have to go through a couple evolutionary steps first before the possibility of ET opening lines of communication. We are basically toddlers. Even if the evolutionary step was taken, the more primitive will quickly kill off any superior mutation as a threat to existence.

I also agree that, though we have art, literature and whatnot we are still primitive and chained to what I see as a universal law of competition and aggression. If it IS a universal law, then I really don't hold hope of meeting a species that has grown above that and opening communication would be a bad thing for us.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

A third possibility exists, and that is we are alone because we have made poor choices, because we are far too fearful, and they do exist, but choose to keep to themselves. We are problematic, destructive.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

We are fearful of an overlord species. We are fearful of a judgemental species. We are fearful of any other species, because most of us believe we are the chosen, the stewards of life. We are fearful of advanced technology we do not understand, do not control.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

A. C. Clarkes Childhoods End was a wake-up call. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
from a psychological point of view, I wonder why people are so fascinated with "ET"s. so obsessed that they end up creating a job industry based on ETs and the related and bicker about trivial things and create sensational claims out thin air, and require so little proof or none at all to make monumental these claims. its like a comfortable feeling just to believe there are ETs out there better than us.

---

I'm sure everyone in this thread will 'know' or have an opinion on why ETs wont talk to us or an opinion on how to change the world and be better 'humans' so we can be friends with the ET civilizations.
I'm sure those opinions on why ETs will not talk to us existed 4, 5, 600 years ago, or did we suddenly realize why other civilization will not talk to us in the internet era suddenly...

from a psychological stand point, I also wonder why when people think of ETs the immediately imagine them as more advanced than we humans are...

interesting indeed.

but I 'degrass' (like my lawnmower says).

- to the believers, no proof is required; to the skeptic, there is never enough proof.
its a lot easier to fool people than it is convince them they've been fooled.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
From my own point of view.

Some days I cannot stand being the same species as some of the souls I encounter during this life.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Giraffe. Such a amazing animal!! I couldn't be any happier!! My emotion after getting him was a feeling I will never forget!!!""

Ms Corgatelli, an accountant for Idaho State University, commented under the picture, saying: "I have so much respect and love for this animal. It was the most ethical shot I have ever made!!! I have such a disbelief that I got a giraffe!!!"

In response to critics Ms Corgatelli quoted the Bible on hunting: "Genesis 9:3 says, 'Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

"Genesis 27:3 says, 'Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,'" she wrote.

Love an animal -> Kill the animal and create a trophy.

We should be better than this but at the end we as a specie seem to be insane murderous monkey hybrids and some of us are just a small part from jumping what specie we kill to become human serial killers.

If I was incarnated in a alien entity my response to humanity would be.
1 Keep specie under surveillance.
2 Keep quarantine either on earth or in solar system.
3 Nuke or worse it if it breaks quarantine or become to technically/spiritually/quantum aware so it posses a threat. You cannot trust insane humans/souls/spirits who cannot behave logically.
edit on 4-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No doubt about it we are mean as snakes.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
For your viewing/contemplation pleasure...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
From my own point of view.

Some days I cannot stand being the same species as some of the souls I encounter during this life.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Giraffe. Such a amazing animal!! I couldn't be any happier!! My emotion after getting him was a feeling I will never forget!!!""

Ms Corgatelli, an accountant for Idaho State University, commented under the picture, saying: "I have so much respect and love for this animal. It was the most ethical shot I have ever made!!! I have such a disbelief that I got a giraffe!!!"

In response to critics Ms Corgatelli quoted the Bible on hunting: "Genesis 9:3 says, 'Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

"Genesis 27:3 says, 'Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,'" she wrote.

Love an animal -> Kill the animal and create a trophy.

We should be better than this but at the end we as a specie seem to be insane murderous monkey hybrids and some of us are just a small part from jumping what specie we kill to become human serial killers.

If I was incarnated in a alien entity my response to humanity would be.
1 Keep specie under surveillance.
2 Keep quarantine either on earth or in solar system.
3 Nuke or worse it if it breaks quarantine or become to technically/spiritually/quantum aware so it posses a threat. You cannot trust insane humans/souls/spirits who cannot behave logically.
How sickening about the Giraffe, it's heartbreaking.

And I'm with you, most days and more all of the time. I don't feel I belong to the same race as so many humans, I can't relate at all. What the hell is wrong with people.

There is probably a notation next to Earth in The Alien Guidebook of Planets. *

*Don't go there, the animals in charge of the planet, called Humans, are nucking futs.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Nope don't blame them. God save the pigmee aliens assuming we get space faring technology anytime soon, I imagine a document similar to manifest destiny describing why we have a god given right to their world.

In this day and age, it would be more likely that we would attempt be a kinder, gentler peoples and try to find ways that we can peacefully colonize their homeworld while providing socialized care and homes for the planet's indigenous inhabitants.

However, even if we all stand around hand-in-hand singing "Kumbaya", the end result would still most likely be that those indigenous people lose their homeworld to us and eventually disappear.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
At this point, I've come to an either/or conclusion about this topic.
1. Another species has visited and communicated with us since our sentient, and self-aware beginnings, in various ways, becoming more subtle as we grew in population and knowledge. Or...
2. They have never visited or communicated with us, and all the indicators from our history are nothing more than human flights of fancy.

Take your pick, but if our social evolution is being subtly manipulated by another species to "help" us along. We either aren't getting it, or we are being manipulated in a direction I'm not so sure we want to go, and we need a "fifth column". imo.

edit on 8/4/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's taken me decades to learn how to talk with other human beings,
and I often have to gritt my teeth when doing so.

I remember when I was 5.. one of the first things I said was,
"why do all human lie constantly".

(yes, I said that.. i have 'little professor syndrome')

It's been a titanic struggle for me to learn to speak 'human'
(you know.. talk sports.. belch.. gossip.. avoid logic).

I also have little to no respect for this species (I haven't even
earned all of my own respect.. I'm not claiming any elevated
status either).

Sometimes I think that the only proof we need, that we are
alone in the Universe, is that Earth isn't a smoking crater
with a few blasted cockroach parts remaining.

But then again, evolution isn't pretty.. all species would no
doubt have their 'primitive nuclear era as "Mr. Spock"
said. So maybe that one advanced species 10 galaxies
over is rolling their eye pods, holding their nose, and
cutting us a break by letting us live.

Kev
edit on 4-8-2015 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Take your pick, but if our social evolution is being subtly manipulated by another species to "help" us along. We either aren't getting it, or we are being manipulated in a direction I'm not so sure we want to go, and we need a "fifth column". imo.

Military people tend to be a very cautious bunch when confronted with the unknown...

I can imagine that sort of reasoning taking place once upon a time in some think tank meeting buried deep in the bowels of the Pentagon/Kremlin etc regarding an Alien/Terran interaction, Overt or clandestine.

edit on 4-8-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

originally posted by: SLAYER69

― Arthur C. Clarke

A. C. Clarkes Childhoods End was a wake-up call. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

That's one of my favorite points about 'UFOs and Aliens' - we do not WANT
or should not want to have them arrive and 'save us'.

It would be the utter destruction of the human race, and the nicer they
were to us, the more absolute would be our destruction.

IMHO people who want aliens to come visit us have a screw loose; it
almost can't end up good, no matter what the aliens are like.

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's more likely they quarantined us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join