It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET wont talk to us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yup. The natural hard radiation in space
makes those few kilos of plutonium
look like baby formula in comparison.

And it would take tens of thousands
of years to get to Alpha Centauri say...
but none of those probes are even
pointed there.

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm talking about NASA's nuclear fueled space probes that could explode on or over a planet (either ours or some other planet, populated by biological life or not), and have it rain radioactive debris over said planet. It's the principle of the thing...having some jackass NASA agency being stupid enough to send a nuclear fueled probe to a planet that we're not sure if life exists on it or not --- And if I was living on said planet --- I would say...NOT ON MY PLANET YOU DON'T!!!
Like I said...NASA is risking at least a chance of getting involved in a galactic war due to there foolish behavior about using nuclear fueled space probes.

NASA's nuclear probed space program, is probably a violation of the international rules of civilized galactic behavior --- if any are established, is a good question --- but not beyond my comprehension of why a civilized nation should respect the environmental concerns of biological/non-biological active planets besides our own. Not to mention the dangers of such dastardly deeds done to our own planet here on Earth by the NASA goons from hell!!!

Google: Dangers of nuclear fueled space probes.

"Because of the danger of nuclear space missions, presidential permission is required to launch."

"In contrast NASA's new stress on nuclear power in space 'is not only dangerous but politically unwise,' says Dr. Michio Kaku, professor of nuclear physics at the City University of New York. 'The only thing that can kill the U.S. space program is a nuclear disaster. The American people will not tolerate a Chernobyl in the sky. That would doom the space program.'

'NASA hasn't learned its lesson from its history involving nuclear power', says Kaku, 'and a hallmark of science is that you learn from previous mistakes. NASA doggedly pursues its fantasy of nuclear power in space, we have to save NASA from itself.' He cites 'alternatives' to space nuclear power. 'Some of these alternatives may delay the space program a bit. But the planets are not going to go away, what's the rush? I'd rather explore the universe slower than not at all if there is a nuclear disaster.'"

edit on 6-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 6-8-2015 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

OK. I certainly don't wish to mischaracterize.

But I think that the Universe and local
group of galaxies will somehow do OK
no matter what we humans putter around
with in our solar system.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Kev

Why do you think they've been coming here --- at least since the dawn of the atomic bomb era --- to trade trinkets with us

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

We are a warring species

No, we are a trusting species that believes that most people have similar morals to our own which has resulted in those with no morals rising to positions in power, starting wars that nobody wants.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Kev

Why do you think they've been coming here --- at least since the dawn of the atomic bomb era --- to trade trinkets with us

There is zero evidence for that
particular characterization.

I've read the same stuff on the
Internet you have and not
come to your conclusion.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Kev

There is zero evidence for that
particular characterization.

I've read the same stuff on the
Internet you have and not
come to your conclusion.

Kev

I respectfully disagree. I even have my own 1976, nighttime, Foo Fighter sighting that confirms at least a small but significant percentage of otherworlder starship sightings from other eyewitnesses; the U.S. Federal government notwithstanding.

But let me give you another hellish scenario...What if one of NASA's outbound our solar system, nuclear fueled space probes --- going around 30,000 mph --- accidentally collides with a alien starship from another star system and irradiates said crew and starship. I'm sure they'll be hell to pay when they trace the probe back to our home planet!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
heres why aliens don't talk to us.

alien#1: "hey it looks like the humans are floundering again. should we give give them some technology again?"

aliens#2,#3,#4: "NOOOOOO!!!"

alien#5: "Everytime we give them stuff they always just end up blowing Sh!t up with it!!!"

alien#1: "yeah, you're right. let's leave the humans of earth classified as sentient but non-intelligent. moving on, lets check back in 12,000 years."

alien #5: "agreed!!! now to discuse the humans of Kepler -22"

alien #3: "yes they are so civilized and a delight. nothing like those earthlings. how are they even related?"

alien#2 : "it's a long story...."
edit on 6-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There would have to be something to collide with....so null scenario.

Your foo fighters were a side effect of those
new radars that had just been invented and
installed.

Actually it was those foo fighters and other
UAP which are core parts of the Sentient
Plasma theory and have nothing to do
with little green men.

Read the British Governments Project
Condign report for more details. They
don't discuss all the details but its
a good start....and real science not
UFO religion.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
No, we are a trusting species that believes that most people have similar morals to our own which has resulted in those with no morals rising to positions in power, starting wars that nobody wants.

Pretty much. There aren't 7 billion people and counting on this planet as a result of us killing each other all the time. We fight as a last resort. For the most part, we prefer mutually beneficial trade.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: glend

Pretty much. There aren't 7 billion people and counting on this planet as a result of us killing each other all the time. We fight as a last resort. For the most part, we prefer mutually beneficial trade.

This is true. However most people are
passive and let the evil assholes run
things, so the net effect is that the
human race, quite justly, comes
across as evil assholes.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This is true. However most people are passive and let the evil assholes run
things, so the net effect is that the human race, quite justly, comes
across as evil assholes.

Considering the horrible situation humanity is placed in, which is a brief, mortal existence driven by pain in which we know that we are eventually going to die and probably not well, I tend to cut humanity some slack.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

This is true. However most people are passive and let the evil assholes run
things, so the net effect is that the human race, quite justly, comes
across as evil assholes.

Considering the horrible situation humanity is placed in, which is a brief, mortal existence driven by pain in which we know that we are eventually going to die and probably not well, I tend to cut humanity some slack.

Me too actually. And I've been working
(literally) 50 years non-stop to see if
I can help alleviate some of that pain
and I don't just mean high level research;
I like helping animals and homeless
people on the street.

But that said... nothing is gained by
lying or covering up the truth.

(I'm not suggesting you are).

Kev

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

installed.

with little green men.

UFO religion.

Kev

I'll have to admit that your Sentient Plasma theory, or anybody else's (a.k.a....John Lear), is quite literally --- beyond my comprehension --- and is so far out in left field, that it is probably beyond my realm of even understanding physics; to even try too establish any scientific basis for such an assertion.

As for the British government's Project Condign report: Who are they (British government) trying to kid? I never put much faith or support in what the British have done over the course of history, and Project Condign is at the top of my list of British blunders or malfeasance of duty to country.
I remain stalwart in my views --- and will keep a stiff upper lip --- that these possibly...superluminal capable, otherworlder starships, that occasionally visit our planet --- are under intelligent control and do not come from another dimension.
edit on 7-8-2015 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Everyone has a different opinion and
nobody knows for sure.

I would urge you though, if you really
care to put forward your POV, to
accumulate facts..take science classes,
and do actual research.

If you don't... then you are just putting
your own personal religion out there...
and we already have about 7 billion
of those competing to be heard.

Which is fine too...but don't expect
anyone to particularly listen or
care.

Just my view. Take with a grain of salt.

Kev

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I've already done some actual research on the UFO enigma. I've personally investigated a UFO landing area in 1977, had a possible telepathic experience during my 1976 UFO sighting.

I have two pictures --- that I took in the summer of 1972 at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland --- of two alien entities...one looks like he's wearing a helmet, and in the other photo...is a possible laser holographic image of a dinosauroid humanoid. I've made several attempts to try too communicate with these alien entities, though I believe that they left solid evidence behind, so as to prove that there were at the location over a period of time; and not just on one occasion.

I also have my own scientific theory on alien starship propulsion...Google: Erno86 black hole starships

edit on 7-8-2015 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 7-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

That's interesting.

Btw, ''Djinn' if you find them credible,
often appear in lizard forms and are
'telepathic'.

That's the trouble with this stuff...any
theories like yours can be explained
away a dozen different ways, generally
more credibly.

Consensus and 'UFO' don't belong in the
same sentence unless the word NO is
also present.

Kev

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So, for now, ET wont talk to us.

Do you blame them?

No, I don't blame them. I can imagine them out there, observing, contemplating, shaking their collective fat heads at the primitive, hostile, egomaniacal, self-destructive, pseudo-sentients on this lovely, blue-green jewel of a planet.

What a waste of a species we've turned out to be. Maybe we'll fix our ways, mature, evolve, graduate to the cosmic ethos. But I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon. Not in our lifetimes, anyway.

Perhaps their prime directive prohibits interference, and that's fine by them. They'll just wait until we destroy ourselves, and hope there is enough of this beautiful world for them to repair and colonize for themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was some sort of galactic lottery underway. A cosmic poker game and the winner will get title to planet Earth. That's quite a prize.

I believe, like most here, that we are not alone, and in fact the universe is teeming with life. But I also believe that we are special (i.e., our PLANET is special, not "us", the current inappreciative squatters), and that although there are plenty of planets with life on them, there are very, very few indeed with this much water, this perfect balance of moon and gravitational forces, this utterly delightful Goldilocks location, the stable single M-class star system, the variety and diversity of life, our protective atmosphere and ionosphere, relatively stable geomorphology, noble gasses, minerals, food resources, etc., etc. You know - just watch any NatGeo documentary, or better yet, view HOME to see eye-popping imagery and to get an idea about where we came from, what we're doing, and what we can expect to happen to this incredible world of ours that we all take for so much granted.

Yep - we hit the jackpot on this gem!

Too bad most of the 7+ Billion of us could give a rat's arse...

edit on 8/7/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

installed.

with little green men.

UFO religion.

Kev

I'm sorry, but this post is downright silly, much like your thread on "Ufos being a religion".
It smacks of desperation.

Erno86 is making sound, reasonable points, while you make sweeping declarations about the non-existence of alien ships and Foo fighters, as if you knew.

You rely heavily on pejorative cliches, like "little green men", as if the UFO situation were no more serious than a Marvin the Martian cartoon.

Sentient Plasma theory? "Djinns" posing as UFOs?

These theories are about as valid as "fallen angels", "swamp gas", and "sleep paralysis".

Keep up the good work, Erno.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Afdcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Why won't ET talk to us? Well, I should start by saying I'm a lifelong abductee, I've met them plenty of times and have a few memories of doing so.

My opinion is that they treat us much like we treat other animals in the wild. We find a group of wolves, tag them, and track what they do. Sometimes we keep a couple in captivity for a time not to be cruel but to learn, or to medically treat them, and then we bring them back.

ET treats us much the same way. They don't get into deep conversations with us, because it's like us trying to hold a deep conversation with a dog. Instead they've tried to teach a few tricks, and then they go do other things.

I assume it's the same way for others. They don't talk to us, because we have nothing of worth to say to them. What would Steven Hawking have to say to a peasant in the Greek Empire other than to dictate scientific theory well above the other persons head? What are they supposed to say? Their economic, religious, and scientific development is much further along than ours. How could the two races ever talk without it simply devolving into us adopting their customs?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As Michio Kaku once put it:
"If you would see an ant heap next to a road, would you stop, squat down and say "Hi there, I bring you knowledge, infrastructure and technology. Take me to your leader!"? I think not."

So there you go.

Either that or we are comparable to fish in an aquarium to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join