It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edit - Police negotiating with barricaded subject near Sayre hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Tried posting to BAN but couldn't get it to work. Dunno why.

Multiple shots fired. One known gunman. Police have located shooter and are trying to "resolve the situation peacefully."

Witnesses say he had a high powered rifle and explosives. No word on casualties so far.

Interrogative - summertime craziness? (It's a real thing, imo) Copycatters from other recent shootings? Something more sinister at play?

Will update as it develops.

www.wbng.com...
edit on 31-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From what it says the shooter is not at the hospital, but near it...hence the lockdown.

Sayre, Pa (WBNG Binghamton) Police are trying to talk down an armed man who is barricaded inside a house in Sayre, Pennsylvania.
At the request of Sayre Police, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital is under limited lock down due to the "critical incident" near the campus.

This is the title of the piece:

Gunman barriaded in Sayre home

edit on 31-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From your link: (just a different link within your original)

www.wbng.com...

Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A man accused of firing several shots in Binghamton was charged with second-degree attempted murder.
Dushon Goldwire, 36, of Binghamton, will be arraigned in City Court, according to Binghamton Police.
WBNG E-News - Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The incident happened just after 11 a.m. Thursday on Pearne Street.
Police said Goldwire reportedly fled the scene after firing approximately six rounds. Scanner reports indicated Goldwire had possibly taken off in another vehicle.
A car believed to be involved in the shooting was found abandoned on Morgan Street. Goldwire was located later that day.
There were no reports of anyone injured.
A woman who resides on Liberty Street says she heard the gunshots. Laura Race, who has lived in the neighborhood for 15 years, feels incidents like this seem to be occurring more frequently.
"I'm very concerned, really. We don't have the means to go anywhere [else]. This is my home," Race said. "My husband is 83 and he's disabled."
Race told Action News one of the bullets hit her neighbor's house and was lodged in the door.

edit on 7/31/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

That appears to be a different incident.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's been updated since I first started banging my head into the BAN door.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

That appears to be a different incident.

Oh wow, hotspot of shooting I suppose!! Either way I hope everyone is okay and this a$$hole is caught and placed in a federal pen! He better not kill himself.....TAKE HIM INTO CUSTODY!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting to note the article now has no mention of a high powered rifle or explosives. All they're saying now is "we believe he may be armed."

Curious.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Interesting to note the article now has no mention of a high powered rifle or explosives. All they're saying now is "we believe he may be armed."

Curious.

Yeah I saw that too! I was wondering if they "believe" this is the guy and don't really know just yet

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Curious.

That's the sensationalist media for you.

top topics

join