It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop fatally shoots 19 year old through drivers window over some ####### weed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

is this any less of a problem? Or is it insignificant because a cop wasn't on the trigger?

Last time I checked it wasnt gang members job to help the public. That is why it is not as significant.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Show me the physics that this is even possible to begin with and I may agree with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thank you, yes.

Every single headline I see of a cop overstepping their bounds I think "Oh boy here we go!" and without fail the media crawls all over it, the pudits start their pez-dispenser act, and the public is whipping into a fine, frothy rage.

Many times, yes, after the evidence comes to light there IS an officer or department at fault. And it is at THAT point that I say "Yes, the rage is justified."

Even so, at least give the system a CHANCE to work before we start sharpening the pitchforks.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Show me the physics that this is even possible to begin with and I may agree with you.
Imagine a car is coming for you.

Now step to the right.

Now put your finger gun out and point at the now-passing driver's side window.

Boy, that was easy.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Even so, at least give the system a CHANCE to work before we start sharpening the pitchforks.

As Masons network and I receive an annual pitchfork stipend from our evil master so no sharpening required.

I do agree on the rush to judgment piece. Can we at least get the pathology report before condemning the person.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We don't need no stinkin' bodycam...

Conclusion: weed kills...obviously...

Å99

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
why aren't politicians going after reducing crime and bad cops and standing up for better education for all? pour money into education and bring back jobs so people can have better opportunities then being on the street living off welfare being targets for bad cops.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Imagine a car is coming for you.

Now step to the right.

Now put your finger gun out and point at the now-passing driver's side window.

Boy, that was easy.

Wow you just proved he did not have to shoot. because he stepped out of the way.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

If a criminal fires a gun at you, but you dive behind a dumpster and he misses, do you consider the threat eliminated?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If a criminal fires a gun at you, but you dive behind a dumpster and he misses, do you consider the threat eliminated?

So now you are saying this 19 year old kid with no record was going to turn around and come back to run over the cop?

Cmon....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Not at all, but the cop doesn't know he won't, either. Again, I'm not trying to exonerate the cop here. I'm just saying let's wait until we know more.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If he was shot through the drivers side window then it seems like it would be hard to say he was trying to hit him with it.

Are police trained to put them self's in between a car and its point of exit?

I think this will end up being he shot him because he was fleeing.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The physics of what? There isn't an evidence yet. All we have is words. There is a video.
I am NOT saying the cop is innocent. All I am saying is WAIT for the facts BEFORE you grab the pitchforks.

My God, is that not acceptable in today's society?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I think this will end up being he shot him because he was fleeing.

If that is the case, I sure hope there is some serious discussion on tactics and policies. If there is a video of the guy, and a license plate, and nobody just killed a bunch of folks, I can't see why they couldn't just calmly put out an APB like in the old days. I hate lives being lost for any reason, let along poor choices.

Now, lets see how my words are spun around.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I actually agree with you.

The whole ordeal with that girl who hung herself.. Totally agree that the cop shouldn't have put her in jail that's total nonsense but she clearly killed herself.

What does that even mean?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What does that even mean?

I think he is referring to Sandra Bland.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If this incident happened anywhere else in the civilised world, the kid would still be alive. That's just the facts.
If the police kill anyone, it's national news here and there's a full public enquiry.
With the amount of killing daily by U.S police forces, I'm surprised about the lack of talk at the highest levels of government.
I'm surprised there's not someone running on a platform of police accountability because in the U.K it would be a major talking point in an election. It's crazy, I personally couldn't live in a society like that.
The worst we complain about the police is that as a driver they love their money making scheme's like speed camera's. That's it, that's all we have to worry about. The biggest talking points in Scotland were over the fact that armed police are sometimes asked to regular police work and it has caused a bit of outrage because it's seen as too aggressive to have armed police stop you for a minor driving violation.
We also have an issue with response times after a couple crashed their car and it was reported by a member of the public and they didn't follow up for 3 days, which left 1 dead and 1 critical who later died.
Those are the biggest issues we have with policing in Scotland.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know, but this isn't that thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The whole ordeal with that girl who hung herself.. Totally agree that the cop shouldn't have put her in jail that's total nonsense but she clearly killed herself.

That's right, she killed herself...the fecking video proves it doesn't it, d'yuh not see something not quite right about that, or what!

As regards this thread, two shots through an open side window of a fairly small car as this policeman is about to get run over...WTF, was he on springs or something, or is the gravity there exponentially different than the rest of the world?
Strewth!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ah, right.

You were being subtle. I am from New Jersey, we do not do subtle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join