It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Idiocracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Dude, all I do is think about why? Only the self-analyzed life is worth living.

Maybe you should take a sec to wonder why you think you know me, think you know what I know or what I think based on whatever I post on the internet...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Herolotus
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If I believe that human meat is delicious, I should not be corrected, judged, or excluded from society?

Then I'd ask you why you ate human flesh. Your belief does not equate to the fact, the fact that you consumed the flesh of another human being.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is the final post and reply.

My final word on the matter is here -

This place is as bad as Beforeitsnews, worse maybe because it pretends to be better. Forums like this one do incredible damage to the credibility of those who truly want and see the need for discovery, innovation, and change.

My experience here, both as a member and a lurker, has been unlpleasant. ATS has developed an emergent agenda, I commonly the front page is loaded with ideas and ideals that reflect the worst assumptions humans have the capacity to make.

In addition, many members are here to argue rather than cooperatee and learn. If this were a club I had to attend in person, I would never have come back after the first meeting - it is a room full of rude and detached people - And in my participation, I have become rude and detached.

Good luck to you all, have a lovely day in the dystopia.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I swear, every member of ATS has a doctorate in rhetoric or philosophy.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus

See you soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So in one breath, you managed to condemn anyone who discriminates againsy a group of people, and in the next, you tell a group of people they need to get out of politics based solely on their religious beliefs...

Comedy gold.
edit on 7/30/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus Excellent. So many good points.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am not against gays, they are people like all of us. LGBT is in "war" with christian beliefs, i don´t care if they have civil marriage as it is their right as a human beings, but trying to bend religious system and 2000 years old rules that marriage is between man and woman as it says in the book and trying to force Church to wed them against church belief system is just wrong.
Isn´t marriage enough? In my country gay marriages are legal (civil wedding) and they can ask blessing from the church afterwards.. but it is not enough as now they are trying to bend church to wed them.. Well maybe we need to find old church documents about it being OK..

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Owning a gun is a right protected under the US Constitution, specifically for defense in an organizaed militia nd not for entertainment or recreation.

Two hundred plus years of legal precedent says this is incorrect as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
I am not against gays, they are people like all of us. LGBT is in "war" with christian beliefs, i don´t care if they have civil marriage as it is their right as a human beings, but trying to bend religious system and 2000 years old rules that marriage is between man and woman as it says in the book and trying to force Church to wed them against church belief system is just wrong.
Isn´t marriage enough? In my country gay marriages are legal (civil wedding) and they can ask blessing from the church afterwards.. but it is not enough as now they are trying to bend church to wed them.. Well maybe we need to find old church documents about it being OK..

Um how exactly am I at war with Christian beliefs? I am a 20 year old college student studying astronomy. I am of transgender experience (my parents thought I was a boy until I was 7).

The marriage ruling did not affect me because following sex reassignment surgery (at 17) I became legally female, my correct gender. My Birth Certificate was changed, and that same year I obtained my very first Driver's License and Social Security card as the correct gender.

I could have married my longtime boyfriend (high school sweetheart) at any point before the ruling (which only affects gays and lesbians and their families who love them).

That is because it has been legal for someone like me to marry my boyfriend who carries the same chromosomes at least since the 1970s and many women born different have done that. ATS member Ekon shared her personal story of also having transitioned like me but as a teenager in the late 1960s. I believe she said she married in the late 70s.

DId the world fall apart? Did Christianity fall apart? Did traditional marriage cease? Did bakers ask for chromosome tests? Did anyone even notice?

No.

Know why?

Because.... transgender people make up such a small percentage of the overall population -and- people like you were worried about those scary gay people.

So maybe idk? Relax a little?

I found it absurd that gay people couldn't marry. Most people my age did.

So I applaud the marriage ruling but you know, it's still legal to discriminate against someone like me (if i were "out" about being born differently anywhere outside of ATS.) IT is STILl legal to discriminate against transgender people in employment, housing, and the criminal justice system.

So, someone like me is faced with that prospect if i didn't just blend into society living as thought i had not been born different. This has ramifications such as not being able tell a co-worker who had dated me and took me home one night after drinks, about my difference prior to intercourse.

Had I done so he could have told other people at work and I could possibly have found myself out of work. Not likely in my area of the country but VERY likely in others because employers in states which do not cover gender identity under their state's employment anti-discrimination regulations such an employer would have nothing to fear from terminating me for no other reason than my difference.

So you asked isn't marriage enough?

The answer is no. There's plenty of work left to do before LGBT people are allowed to fully experience life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that our country is supposed to be about.

And for the record...

My parents are devout Christians and have posted on ATS answering questions from other Christians about how they could both be devout Christians and allow me to begin living my truth at age 7 and begin transition fully at 12. They quoted bible verses and stuff. It's a good read. Let me know if you want a link to it.
edit on 30-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That the burden of proof be on me suggests I care to be proven correct.

Yeah I like that, the burden of proof is on the person that wants to be correct...

If I post something that I know is true, why would I use my own time and energy to prove to someone else my belief in way that that person will accept the information?

It's not my ego that's at stake.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

So it is etchically right to offend someone else ethical views and religious beliefs what is right? So marriage is not enough until church is forced on the knees ?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So it is etchically right to offend someone else ethical views and religious beliefs what is right?

At one time people thought it was unethical for my father (who is white) to marry my mother (who is black). It offended the Christian religious beliefs of plenty of people. Some of the same people who burned crosses.

65 years ago your views would not be that different from those people.

Your ethical views, in a developed western democracy, by necessity become your own private ones when it comes to infringing on someone else's civil and human rights. Marriage is both a civil and human right.

America is not a theocracy. And considering some of the stupid things people have used your religion to justify, thank God for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You avoided direct question. Marriage is human right and civil marriage gives same legality and rights as church wedding. Im not US citizen so mixed race marriages seen unethical... thats US problem.
There is not such a thing in Bible which says to avoid mixed marriage. But there is the words which says its between man and woman. So the question is still on the table.. is it ethical to force someone else ethical and religious beliefs just to get church weddings?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You avoided direct question. Marriage is human right and civil marriage gives same legality and rights as church wedding. Im not US citizen so mixed race marriages seen unethical... thats US problem.

I don't know where you are from but plenty of churches here marry gay couples.

There is not such a thing in Bible which says to avoid mixed marriage.

Actually there is and the Bible also explicitly forbids interfaith marriages.

But people don't quote those passages anymore, as interfaith and interracial marriages are common. God did not smite the Earth because of them... lol

Similarly I suspect that in the not too distant future people won't be quoting Leviticus much either.

But there is the words which says its between man and woman.

So? The bible also says women shouldn't wear pants and a lot other stupid stuff no one believes anymore.

So the question is still on the table.. is it ethical to force someone else ethical and religious beliefs just to get church weddings?

I don't think you gave the best example. If a church wants to marry gay couples and you don't like it find another church i guess? idk.

Likewise, if a gay couple is turned away from a church they can find another one too.

Like i said, there are plenty of churches which marry gay couples. Some even have gay pastors.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Can I get an AMEN?!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus

Great rant, super talking points and I couldn't be more happily
overwhelmed with any OP this short.
Now that the muffin is totally saturated with butter: only one
dissent to the op: government IS the new religion.
Heretics will not be burned, but the day may come when we
gradually disappear-- as it is more modern and fashionable.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

yup - you are going to regret that :

now about the public displays of christianity that some americans are so fond of ?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: intrptr

yup - you are going to regret that :

now about the public displays of christianity that some americans are so fond of ?

Religious folk are somewhat worse.

LGBT aren't trying to convert me, aren't passing judgement on others for not also being gay.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Interfaith and interracial are two different things. There is no lines in Bible which says women should not wear pants, as in the time Bible was written no one used pants. Bible said woman not to wear male clothing sure Deut 22:5 teaches that women should not wear that which pertains unto a man.. Pants are newer invention so we need to think what was life like in those days when book was written. Hygiene is one of the biggest reason why such rules were written, also circumcision was not only for religious purposes it was also for hygiene reasons.

Remember wedding cake episodes, when someone refused to make gay wedding cakes as they saw it against their own views.. lawsuits against bakeries. Sure there is no problem if priest is ok for marrying gay couple as his own etchical views says its ok then. But Priest who are not ok with it should be left alone. Actually i find this intresting as story evolves what we will hear and how many lawsuits will be filed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join