It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Idiocracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I like it here anymore...

So okay -

LGBT Rights

Approx. 3.4% of Americans identify as LGBT. 13 out of 400 million in the USA. This is compared to 160 million women, 60 million Hispanics, and 50 million African Americans. Not only is it immoral to deny those that identify as LGBT the same rights as everyone else, it is pointless. Those that identify as LGBT are a minority of a minority, regardless of how loud they are in the media. It does not effect your life, marriage, or social mobility if LGBT persons are equal to everyone else. It absolutely simply has no impact on wider culture unless you make a huge stinking mountain out of the issue.

The concepts of marriage and gender are not static, in time or geography. Marriage between a man and a woman started out essentially a form of slavery, and in many parts of the world it remains this way. Women were bought and sold in marriage contracts that were determined first by culture, then by the state, THEN by organized religion, then by the state again. There was no Golden Age, no normal to return to, no Biblical ideal to worship. If you look to the Bible for marriage advice and direction, then you think women should be slaves and men should have the right to have more than one wife. Stop pretending.

Woman's Rights

Women are human first. All humans should be treated as equals, as a basic moral and ethical assumption and in accordance with the lovely Golden Rule. Equal pay, equal opportunity, equal. This should not even be a discussion. Why are so many obsessed with taking away human rights and dignity, imposing heirarchy and control?

No medical procedure should be illegal. Period. If you don't like abortion, then teach your children behaviors that will not require them to seek out an abortion. If you are pro-life and you thinnk abortion is murder, then first I want to know what you are personally doing in your life that DOESN'T promote murder. iPhones are made by chinese slave labor, America is constantly involved in Orwellian warfare that kills civilians and the men and women of our military. Chemicals and poison food cause heart disease and cancer. You support murder by paying your taxes and your power bill, by ignoring the homeless and letting thousands of children ALREADY ALIVE starve. Mad rampant hypocrisy.

Immigration

Everyone has the right to have opportunities to improve their lot in life, not just 'citizens'. Don't build a wall, don't tie up our courts with legal bullsh!t. Implement a tax program that has a focus on goods purchased, rather on property and citizenship. Everyone in the country, regardless of citizenry, would then be paying taxes. See the concept of the 'Fair Tax'.

Minimum Wage

If your job doesn't pay enough for you to pay for your basic needs, then it is stealing from you. The minimum wage should be equal to what is required to pay for basic food, clothing, and housing. Why would anyone wish differenty? Why would you want people to not be just poor, but suffer in poverty?

The Drug War

See Portugal's solution. These are social and mental health problems, there is nothing the law and courts can do to stop the abuse of drugs. No one does drugs because they are happy, they self-medicate to cope with how much the world sucks. Get these people help, stop demonizing and feeding the for-profit prisons/gulags. Would it be so terrible to HELP people?

UFO Disclosure

Not ever going to happen, please stop. Obviously they are hiding something, obviously we deserve to know, obviously they will never tell us. With the advent of the drone, reliable UFO research has been rendered nigh-unto-impossible.

Religion

Religion is a lovely thing, it supports community, family, and social bonds. Religion also fosters murder, bigotry, and theocratic madness. Every religion is equally nuts, so have brotherhood in your pursuit of the fantasy. Sure, there appears to be something to certain supernatural events, sure God may exist. Stop pretending like YOU are the ONE who KNOWS. You don't, no one ever did, no one ever has, and no one will ever be able to prove it. Stop, be at peace, pursue your relationship with God, and stop trying to make everyone else do it your way.

American Fundamentalist Christianity

Get out of politics. No one wants a Theocracy in the USA. Your religion is your private business, stop trying to force it, and your way of life on others. You are aggressive, unreasonable, and you don't even understand your own religion.

Creationism/Evolution.

Not every piece of evidence supports the theory of evolution, so maybe don't teach it as an unchangable fact. NO evidence supports creationism, and most that propose creationism be taught by the state are first - suggesting the state teach church ideals, and second - are suggesting only the Judeo-Christian creation be taught, excluding thousands of other culturally relevant creation stories. Public school teachers don't get degrees in religion, why on earth would you want them teaching it? You want to teach your chlden creationism, why in the heck don't you do it yourself or take your kid to church?

Politics

See Neo-Fuedalism. We are a ruled people. We are labor for the elite. How is this not obvious? We are stamped with a number a involuntary citzenship at birth, we MUST work with the system as designed by our leaders or face prison, homelessness, or forced psychiatric treatment and medication. Stop pretending your vote matters, stop pretending that the team you picked is better than the other. All an obvious sham to extract money from the public and into the accounts of the elite.

Gun Ownership

Unless you can build one yourself, owning a gun is not a 'right', it is a good to be purchased. Gun ownership is mentioned in the US Constitution, not the Bill of Rights. Gun ownership is mentioned in conjenction with the ability to join a militia, not for recreation. Gun ownership does not make you shoot people, being a crazed sociopath makes you shoot people. This is yet again a socio-cultural problem, not a legal one. Maybe don't be so upset that crazy people shouldn't own guns, and maybe don't be upset if people want to have the right to defend themselves.

The Media and the American Medical Industry.

Do not trust a for profit institution to tell you the truth, they will tell you whatever to sell you products. See Capitalism. Isn't it obvious, all the news organizations lie and editorialize for a particular demographic, to SELL YOU STUFF. WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SELL YOU STUFF. Did you not know? Did no one remember to tell you? CAPITALISM.

I'm so tired and sad. I don't like the voice of ATS and of the world at large. Too many small minds. I just want to go home and be happy and safe.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus

Ikr! I've been saying on ATS for years to just live and let live. If it doesn't affect you personally then why why the # are you even thinking about it? !😨

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Clearly you have gathered enough information to form a pretty comprehensive world view. It was a process right?

My suggestion is refrain from judging those still working through the process.
It's a challenge.
Everything about being human is a challenge.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Gun Ownership
Unless you can build one yourself, owning a gun is not a 'right', it is a good to be purchased.

Correction: You can print your own gun with a 3D printer. Does that mean it's a 'right'?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Congratulations, you singlehandedly have solved all the nations problems. Quite a feat in just 8 months of being an ATS member.

I agree with some of what you say however on other things your knowledge is still quite a bit lacking (such as what the Bill of Rights is) so You might want to stay on a bit longer and see if there is still not a bit for you to learn here or elsewhere.

One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him.

= Lao Tsu

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Clearly you have gathered enough information to form a pretty comprehensive world view. It was a process right?

My suggestion is refrain from judging those still working through the process.
It's a challenge.
Everything about being human is a challenge.

Sage advice my friend, I remind myself of the same thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Pretty much everything you said. The world is nuts.

It's all so simple.

Live and let live.

I've been saying that for years too Wide-eyes.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not only is it immoral to deny those that identify as LGBT the same rights as everyone else, it is pointless.

Personally don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Its all the up front gayness, declaring it in public, "Ewww, we're so gaaay!"

Great, take it inside, behind those closed doors.

Offending gays is offensive? What about heterosexuals, can they be allowed to be offended in public, too?

I'm probably going to regret this.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Herolotus
Gun ownership is mentioned in the US Constitution, not the Bill of Rights.

What? What? What?

Can you tell me where the Bill of Rights is located?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Brilliant. Just brilliant. That's all.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Congrats on all those that pointed out my error about the Bill of Rights.

Obviously this invalidates my entire perspective.

For my part, I blame my anger and my lack of sleep.

I shall restate -

Owning a gun is a right protected under the US Constitution, specifically for defense in an organizaed militia nd not for entertainment or recreation.

Don't be uspset if some people don't want sociopaths owning guns. Don't be upset if people want to use guns to defend against sociopaths. This is a cultural problem, a social proble, not a legal problem.

Look how little my arguement changed.

I hate the focus on quibbling details. You missed the point.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

As one of the founding fathers of idiocracy, I disagree.

People should be corrected on facts, not beliefs. If you believe in god then god bless you, but the moment you try to prove gods existence then I will ask for proof. If you purchase a firearm then that's your right, but I would like to know why there are so many shooting sprees. If you don't believe that the climate is shifting, give me a reason not to believe.

Sometimes common sense is the one thing society is lacking-I can't claim that I use it all the time but nobody can underestimate it's importance.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I agree, the error is real and I am at fault. I am sorry to have been wrong. Next time I will not only make sure that every statement I make is factual, but I will provide, links, footnotes, and a bibliography of peer reviewed articles.

Thank you for quoting some sage advice. I assure you that Lao Tsu took a stinky crap like the rest of us.

No I'm not perfect, but I also don't care if you or anyone else disagrees with me. If the world were full of peace, understanding, tolerance, and reason, I wouldn't be on a rant, would I?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I hate the focus on quibbling details. You missed the point.

Welcome to ATS where people think they are "winning" against your post because they found a single flaw.

Details and sources seem to be more important than the cold hard truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Don't be upset.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Next time I will not only make sure that every statement I make is factual, but I will provide, links, footnotes, and a bibliography of peer reviewed articles.

Yes and that will suddenly make your argument true!

Unless someone doesn't like your source, then YOU have to find another source for that particular person that doesn't believe you and can't seem to be able to research by themselves even if they are the ones that don't believe the information in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If I believe that human meat is delicious, I should not be corrected, judged, or excluded from society?

There are no facts, all is belief with varying degrees of mutual opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Thank you, is good advice and I should take it.

Honestly, this is my Goodbye ATS rant, soI'm just letting it all out. All my specific opinions aside, I just think the sight is too conservative for my tastes.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

That the burden of proof be on me suggests I care to be proven correct.

This is the heart of the rant - ATS just isn't a good forum for discussion. I don't need to prove anything here, I got my degrees because I had the skills to do researrch and study, I found professional success because of my capability to perform under pressure. Real life, real talk.

Why on earth would I put that same effort into a conspiracy forum on the internet? This isn't a job interview, this is an editorial.

If we all held Fox News up to the same standards we use on each other...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do what you feel compelled to do.

I was simply commenting on your comments regarding leaving ATS as you have already made up your mind on many topics. If you take that as a personal slight, you might want to think about why….

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join