It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood website hacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Washington (CNN)Planned Parenthood's website went down Wednesday afternoon in what the nonprofit health services organization called "an attack by extremists."

The hack comes in the wake of the publication of several undercover videos by anti-abortion activists seemingly showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of fetal tissue and organs for medical research. Selling fetal organs for a profit is a felony, but the footage is highly edited and it is not clear that is what the officials are discussing.

Planned Parenthood website hacked

So I was posting in another thread about PP and discovered that their site was down with a message saying this:

200,000 people a day are now being blocked from information and care by this attack. For more information about the attack, please visit Planned Parenthood Action Fund's Facebook page.

Planned Parenthood

So I had to do some more research and apparently someone has hacked PP's site. Man, people are just going crazy over this manufactured scandal and now tons of people are going without NON-abortion related services because a bunch of idiotic pro-lifers got over-outraged over a bunch of videos that have now spurned a lawsuit (thanks dawnstar) against Center for Medical Progress for slandering PP's image.

The website was downed using a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, a tactic used by hackers to flood a site with traffic and keep users from accessing the site, said Dawn Laguens, Planned Parenthood's executive vice president, in a statement issued Wednesday evening.

"This is a new low for anti-abortion extremists; 200,000 people a day count on Planned Parenthood's website for accurate health information," Laguens said. "Blocking people from accessing information on the full range of sexual and reproductive health -- including birth control, sexually transmitted infections, healthy relationships, parenting and preventive care -- only shows how far opponents of safe and legal abortion will go."

Mods: I wanted to post this in the alternate news forum but there wasn't a post button at the bottom of the page...
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Man, people are just going crazy over this manufactured scandal and now tons of people are going without NON-abortion related services because a bunch of idiotic pro-lifers got over-outraged over a bunch of videos

I though the outrage was over manufacturing dead baby parts?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well fake outrage, but yea, and that fake outrage has now split over into PP's OTHER services that they provide for women across the country. You know, since oly 3% of the services Planned Parenthood provides are abortions.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Progressives LOVE to blame things on videos.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It depends on your views. Kkk was hacked by anonymous and the identities were released. Someone just hacked a confederate pride Facebook page and turned into a pro lgbt page. We have data breaches and social warrior hacks frequently. Much like politics you support or denounce the end goals based on views. It will not stop though.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Yea hacktivism IS one of the growing forms of protest. That is a good point actually.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well fake outrage, but yea,

You said "over outrage" in your OP, so I'm presuming its okay to have some amount of outrage? Or just ragging at the 'idiotic pro lifers'?

You must know that will draw contrary outrageousness?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Outrage is outrage, I can't help it if people let themselves get riled up over a manufactured scandal. It's like Climategate all over again. When this issue ends up blowing over with PP being cleared of any wrong doing (and maybe CfMP being sued into oblivion), I bet we will have to suffer through years more of pro-lifers not updating themselves with the final outcome of this situation and bringing it up like it was still a real thing.

Though you can be BETTER than that and use some intellectual integrity to accept that MAYBE your side was being a little too deceitful in procuring evidence and that MAYBE this scandal isn't what the Center for Medical Progress is presenting it as. It's not too late to deny some ignorance you know?

Dems call for DOJ probe of group behind Planned Parenthood videos

The Center for Medical Progress, which is going after Planned Parenthood because of its abortion services, created a fake company to gain access to its facilities and meetings with its high-level officials.

Staffers for the California-based pro-life group posed as buyers for a medical research firm to ask Planned Parenthood about fetal tissue donations – a tactic that the lawmakers say could be illegal.

“This elaborate scheme raises serious questions about whether any federal or state laws were violated in securing the LLC or the personal identification that were part of its execution,” the Democrats wrote to Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

The members also raised questions about “possible coordination between the Center for Medical Progress and members of Congress who knew about the first video weeks in advance of its release.”

Additionally, the Democrats said the secretly recorded video may be illegal under California law, as it was filmed without the consent of the Planned Parenthood doctor.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So if only 3% of children were taken suddenly, that would be ok?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You're just fuming at "the videos". They are revealing aren't they?

As far as all these years of outrage, I happened to live across the street from an "abortion clinic", many years ago. All week it was dark except on Saturday mornings when throngs of people surrounded the place, locked arms and did symbolic battle with those that attempted to get young girls inside to get "treated".

The police on horseback would show up to maintain control. Since I lived there I would just gape in amazement. Not a news agency in sight, not a story in the media about it. Until one day it caught fire and partially burned, another time they found two unexploded pipe bombs outside the doors.

That made the news. The outrage over that was significant.

You say they got hacked? Big deal…
edit on 30-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Awesome! You know what comes next right? The hacking of their email accounts and the release of the internal emails back and forth. Can't wait, there is sure to be some juicy and damning information in those!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No one knows the outcome of this yet. I'm not convinced the videos were fake. They probably were obtained illegally because the other party was not told they were being recorded. But that doesn't make them fake.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You're just fuming at "the videos". They are revealing aren't they?

Well when illegally obtained videos that misrepresent a VERY legal thing that PP is doing cause the organization come under assault for funding AS WELL AS hacking attempts, you BET I'd be mad at them.

As far as all these years of outrage, I happened to live across the street from an "abortion clinic", many years ago. All week it was dark except on Saturday mornings when throngs of people surrounded the place, locked arms and did symbolic battle with those that attempted to get young girls inside to get "treated".

The police on horseback would show up to maintain control. Since I lived there I would just gape in amazement. Not a news agency in sight, not a story in the media about it. Until one day it caught fire and partially burned, another time they found two unexploded pipe bombs outside the doors.

That made the news. The outrage over that was significant.

You say they got hacked? Big deal…

You aren't educating me on anything I don't know about. I know about the domestic terrorism against abortion clinics from the pro-life crowd. This hacking attempt isn't anything new. It's just the latest shady thing they've attempted. The lengths these people go to really should make people second guess backing them...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That VERY LEGAL thing was not voted on by "we the people". Whoever signed this VERY LEGAL thing into approval needs to be known to us, shown to us, and held accountable for the atrocities against innocent human beings. These are, IMO, CRIMES.

Also, I wonder how those mothers now feel, knowing their babies ended up as pieces and sold by the value of their little organs...?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

So if only 3% of children were taken suddenly, that would be ok?

The infant mortality rate is 7%, so we already appear to be ok with "3% of children being taken suddenly"

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The President of PP made a statement released this morning. She let us know the fetal harvesting was legal but never said the videos were faked. She apologized for their insensitivity.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

That VERY LEGAL thing was not voted on by "we the people". Whoever signed this VERY LEGAL thing into approval needs to be known to us, shown to us, and held accountable for the atrocities against innocent human beings. These are, IMO, CRIMES.

This is pure hyperbole and makes no sense at all. The people don't "vote" for what PP does and doesn't do. PP hasn't violated any crimes. The videos were edited and obtained illegally. Believing that they are authentic in their claims is just being willfully ignorant.

Also, I wonder how those mothers now feel, knowing their babies ended up as pieces and sold by the value of their little organs...?

I'm sure they should feel alright with it since the mothers are required to be asked before PP is allowed to do anything with their aborted fetuses.

I'm having doubts that you know much about the true situation at all and are instead arguing based off of what you THINK you know.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

"Blocking people from accessing information on the full range of sexual and reproductive health -- including birth control, sexually transmitted infections, healthy relationships, parenting and preventive care

I may be mistaken, but aren't there other websites where such information can be found?

Does the hack affect what goes on at their clinics?

Methinks this smells of publicity stunt.

Flame on

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There is an enormous difference between a child who dies of, say SIDS, and one scraped out of existence.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Why the need to use a certain wording to try to push your agenda.

Oh and abortion is between a women and her doctor, the rest is just people opinions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join