It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MH-370 debris found on Reunion Island?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

Uh....What? This is the result of debris washing ashore. Nothing else.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmybob

Unless the RAF has them there Diego doesn't keep fighters. It's too far out of their range to get anywhere they'd be used without major tanker support, and they would have to land for crew rest before returning.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmybob

What I am wondering is what Diego Garcias fighter plane response was to this unresponsive plane passing by its nuclear bomber fleet. Radars were reportedly down that day.

What makes you think that Diego Garcia has a standing Quick Reaction Alert Fighter force?

In times of crisis yes Diego Garcia has had a protective fighter force, but in no way is it a permanent fixture. Also just because nuclear capable bombers are deployed there also doesn't mean that their operating role is nuclear strike.

For example during operations in Afghanistan after 9/11 the Australian Air Force deployed F/A-18 Hornets. The remoteness of the island means that the threat to the island is considered very small indeed. You will find that navy vessels with their air defence systems are more suited to providing cover.

airpower.airforce.gov.au...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jimmybob

Unless the RAF has them there Diego doesn't keep fighters. It's too far out of their range to get anywhere they'd be used without major tanker support, and they would have to land for crew rest before returning.

Quite correct, Zaphod. The Royal Air Force also doesn't have a quick reaction alert fighter force on Diego Garcia. Why do some people think that Diego Garcia must be bristling with defences? You will also see people claiming that Diego Garcia has an OTHR (Over The Horizon Radar) and that is must have tracked MH370. You will see this claim on many conspiracy forums and websites. It is based on people misinterpreting what they see on Diego Garcia on the likes of Google Earth. There isn't an over the horizon radar on Diego Garcia, but that doesn't stop the die-hards claiming that there is. They are expensive pieces of equipment and the budget wouldn't escape US Government Accountability Office and the US Congress.

As I stated before that doesn't stop the die-hards insisting that Diego Garcia has an operational OTHR. It doesn't. I posted the following reply on Metabunk after Andre Milne claimed that there was.

Metabunk post See post number 9.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

edit on 30/7/2015 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

edit on 30/7/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/7/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
If this is the one. Someone wanted this to be found right now.

The Q is:

What do we miss while looking at this?

Oh for crying out loud. --rolls eyes--

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The Q is:

And here we have a textbook example of how conspiracy theorists start to move the goalposts when their initial theory is proven wrong with evidence, often digging the hole so deep they find themselves in an entirely different dimension of ridiculousness.

For example, people claimed that the plane had been hijacked and landed in a remote location.
Now that there is evidence seemingly validating the widely held belief that it did indeed ditch into the Indian ocean (which the theorists absolutely rejected) they'll ignore that and instead claim that this evidence has been "planted".

When the investigators find more evidence washing in, the theorist will then claim that all of that evidence was also "planted".

When the investigators locate the plane at the bottom of the ocean, the theorists will then claim that it isn't the same plane, that it was "planted" because the special super-dooper theorists ranting nonsense on the Internet were "onto the plot"...

When the recovery crew returns the remains to the families, the theorists will probably claim that it wasn't the real remains, or they'll claim the people were "cloned", or they'll come up with some other fantastical version of events to occupy their ridiculous brains for just a little longer.

They'll do this all while completely ignoring the evidence, scientific fact and reality as we know it.

And they'll do all of this because they can't possibly admit that THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY and never was.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

The Q is:

Oh for crying out loud. --rolls eyes--

YESSS, i've got it. Someone blew the plane to bits and kept it in storage. Waited 12/18 months. Then put it all on a big boat and sailed to the Islands. Then chucked it all overboard whilst super gluing barnacles and shells on , yes thats it.

My apologies for above sarcasm. Now, may we get back to reality and stop wild speculation. My condolences to all who have lost family and relatives in this long saga. I hope if it is true, and the debris is off 370, then it may bring some sort of closure to the people who have lost loved ones. As for answers of why this happened, we may never know, but finding this debris may help ease some of the suffering.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The Q is:

And here we have a textbook example of how conspiracy theorists start to move the goalposts when their initial theory is proven wrong with evidence, often digging the hole so deep they find themselves in an entirely different dimension of ridiculousness.

For example, people claimed that the plane had been hijacked and landed in a remote location.
Now that there is evidence seemingly validating the widely held belief that it did indeed ditch into the Indian ocean (which the theorists absolutely rejected) they'll ignore that and instead claim that this evidence has been "planted".

When the investigators find more evidence washing in, the theorist will then claim that all of that evidence was also "planted".

When the investigators locate the plane at the bottom of the ocean, the theorists will then claim that it isn't the same plane, that it was "planted" because the special super-dooper theorists ranting nonsense on the Internet were "onto the plot"...

When the recovery crew returns the remains to the families, the theorists will probably claim that it wasn't the real remains, or they'll claim the people were "cloned", or they'll come up with some other fantastical version of events to occupy their ridiculous brains for just a little longer.

They'll do this all while completely ignoring the evidence, scientific fact and reality as we know it.

And they'll do all of this because they can't possibly admit that THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY and never was.

Woa, horsies... All we have is a flap, and not really officially either. Conspiracies rule here until proven otherwise, so I say let em rip. Even if it is a flap off that bird, there are mountains of data and 'facts' that just do not add up at all in this terrible incident, and since we really do not know what the 'incident' really was, the conspiracy theories are going to rain on this most likely forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
To take away all doubt, the Réunion news site Clicanoore took a picture of the serial number, the serial number is 657BB

Look it up in the aircraft maintenance manual, 06-44-00 pag 235.

This is conclusive, now i wonder if they have a good insight of the ocean currents during the last 18 months.

In that case, it is official. A serial number is about as hard of evidence as a person can get. The MH370 was destroyed at some point by some unknown cause. One mystery solved, more mysteries opened. Now it's a matter of locating everything else.

What if they found out the plane actually went down closer to the Reunion side of the Indian Ocean, rather than over where they were looking? That would really open up a whole can of worms.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The Q is:

Woa, horsies... All we have is a flap, and not really officially either. Conspiracies rule here until proven otherwise, so I say let em rip. Even if it is a flap off that bird, there are mountains of data and 'facts' that just do not add up at all in this terrible incident, and since we really do not know what the 'incident' really was, the conspiracy theories are going to rain on this most likely forever.

Knowing full well I really shouldn't ask. . . oh please do enlighten us as to all of the facts which "do not add up." I'll be right back, clearly gonna need some popcorn. And PLEASE REMEMBER that "not having all of the facts" IS NOT the same thing as "facts not adding up." Similarly, "not believing certain facts" IS NOT the same thing as "certain facts not adding up."

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Has anybody suggested planted evidence yet?

Actually it did cross my mind since it was found on "Reunion Island".

Typical.
edit on 30-7-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

You think TPTB are so good they can control the currents and the tides? It must really suck to live in your version of reality.

I don't think he was suggesting such a thing. Jeez.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The Q is:

Nothing, unless one is an idiot.

Tell me, do you struggle to blink and breathe at the same time?

That's pretty obnoxious.

Why don't you lay off the ad hominums Chadwickus.

edit on 30-7-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I know things that you guys don't know but this was no accident.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

Oh lord.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

YESSS, i've got it. Someone blew the plane to bits and kept it in storage. Waited 12/18 months. Then put it all on a big boat and sailed to the Islands. Then chucked it all overboard whilst super gluing barnacles and shells on , yes thats it.

Seems only one single 6 ft. piece of wing flap was found. I don't know if it was moved to that grassy part it is lying on in the pics, but it sure doesn't look like it washed up there.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

But your not allowed to tell us...right?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The islands of Diego Garcia is RIGHT THERE!!!!!!! OMG ........

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Funny, my second grader said something pretty similar to this yesterday.

It was kind of funny when he did it.

Not so much from a supposed adult though.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
An analyst said he thought the damage made it appear that the plane was falling a high speed relatively straight down versus gliding down to an impact. For what that is worth...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join