It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Barack Obama Makes Birth Certificate Joke on Kenya Trip

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Never voted for the guy, but I don't dislike him as a person. I think it was a funny line.

What I'd hope all this birth certficate brouhaha would do is cause us nationally to rethink the entire 'natural born citizen' requirement for being President. It's anachronistic at best and personally I think it's stupid.

You can hold folks accountable for a lot of things, but not for things over which they have no control.

Ancestry
Ethnicity
Place of birth

Probably hundreds of other things we could come up with.

Contrary to popular belief, the legal definition of 'natural born citizen' in this context has never been settled. We could clear up a lot of nonsense and ugliness if the requirement was removed, which would take another Amendment. But I think it would be worth it.

Legal citizen? Of course. "Natural born' citizen? Irrelevant.
edit on 7/28/2015 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this horse has been beaten so much, bones are the only thing left.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: yuppa

It was a hoax using an Australian birth certificate as a base. For proof of you look in the upper left corner it has the cost of the certificate. The price is 7 shilling 6 pence. The problem with that is that Kenya never used the pence. Since at least 1920 Kenya had used cents.

thank you for the clarification.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
a reply to: krosnos

He's still a loser and still wondering why he's still in office.

thanks for bringing up bad stuff at inappropriate times... Lol

Loser? Really? By all accounts he won. Twice.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

President Barack Obama Makes Birth Certificate Joke on Kenya Trip

Why wouldn't he there's nothing to lose now.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Obama seems to be on a "neener neener" mission lately.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Never voted for the guy,

And many of those who did are now questioning why they did.

He seems like a pretty cool dude that just got into something he was never really prepared for.

In fact if you listen to the podcast from Marc Maron that he was on a while back that shows that he really is a pretty decent guy.

If you want to hear it the podcast is WTF with Marc Maron...pretty good interview.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know, right!

This entire issue is a non issue. Regardless of where he was born (Hawaii) and regardless of who his father is (a Kenyan), the fact remains that his mother was an American citizen, and that fact alone makes him an American citizen and fully eligible for the office of POTUS.

OP, I almost didn't S&F your post, because I felt like it was just tearing open old wounds...until I read this: "Thought this was funny...nothing more fun that poking fun at birthers. The not so bright bunch"...That is an auto-S&F for me!
edit on 28-7-2015 by LeatherNLace because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obama seems to be on a "neener neener" mission lately.

He has always been this way, but with his term closing out he seems to be sliding more towards no f's given mode.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

he seems to be sliding more towards no f's given mode.

Might as well....not a single F was given, from a conservative, about him throughout his presidency.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

This entire issue is a non issue. Regardless of where he was born (Hawaii) and regardless of who his father is (a Kenyan), the fact remains that his mother was an American citizen, and that fact alone makes him an American citizen and fully eligible for the office of POTUS.

(ihatemyselfihatemyselfihatemyself)

No. That makes him a citizen. That doesn't necessarily make him a 'Natural Born Citizen' which is the requirement. And which is why that ought to be removed as a requirement, because NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IT MEANS.

And now I'm slinking away.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't think you guys that think he wasn't born in the US understand one thing. It's the biggest thing that debunks this conspiracy.

If the president was born outside of the United states or not a US citizen or any of that...then you have to ask yourself why wasn't he exposed. Why wasn't this truth exposed?

You may say corrupt judges etc. but you're not facing reality.

Think of how many people actually hate Obama, want him out of office or wanted him to lose the last election. Think of everyone on talk radio and fox news and all the conservative websites, blogs, newspapers and shows. Think of all the Billionaires and Ex military and navy seals and CIA operatives and hackers and judges and lawyers and private investigators and sheriffs and us marshals and business owners and CEOs and foreign diplomats and right wing organizations and state officials and foreign leaders and all of the power and resources we're talking about.

We're talking Billions upon billions of dollars, millionaires, Billionaires and hundreds of millions of people, some of them some of the most powerful people in the world....and the best they can do a few flimsy lawsuites and Sheriff Joe. That's the best they can do?

That's why this conspiracy doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Remember that time when Donald Trump set out to expose Obama's fake birth certificate? It was a glorious failure.

Birthers gonna birth.

Morons.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: amazing

Remember that time when Donald Trump set out to expose Obama's fake birth certificate? It was a glorious failure.

Birthers gonna birth.

Morons.

Perfect controlled opposition wasn't it.

The result automatically makes people think the way intended.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is all anything ever is.

Either it is a psy-op or controlled opposition.

The simple answer is that Trump really tired and failed at it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

it's an oxymoron.

(post by alienmma removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Constitutional Freedom of Speech: The Government cannot control expression of opinion so long as it is not fraudulently damaging to others.

ATS Freedom of Speech: Rules for behavior established within the Terms and Conditions which we all agreed to when we got a membership.

Other people critiquing, disagreeing or challenging with decorum what one says ... fair play.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Contrary to popular belief, the legal definition of 'natural born citizen' in this context has never been settled

It has been settled, but birthers are unable to accept the reality that Obama is a natural born US citizen, and the legal President! Several courts have declared that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: yeahright
Contrary to popular belief, the legal definition of 'natural born citizen' in this context has never been settled

It has been settled, but birthers are unable to accept the reality that Obama is a natural born US citizen, and the legal President! Several courts have declared that.

Until the next time. And until the SC changes again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join