It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama In Kenya: Talks about Gay Rights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
He should have talked about AIDS as Kenia was among 'birth places'/ and continues to be desease cesspool for the rest of the world to 'enjoy'. And how he plans to change the game.

D0

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I guess you missed the crowds roaring in admiration? I see you're not mentioning that little tidbit, are you?

You're delusional. There weren't even crickets chirping during that speech.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I guess you missed the crowds roaring in admiration? I see you're not mentioning that little tidbit, are you?

You're delusional. There weren't even crickets chirping during that speech.

You're misinformed and possibly a poor reader ... the President's visit to Kenya did not consist of this one stop.

Do some more reading and get back to us.

EDIT: Here, I'll give you a freebie ... you can't argue with Alex Jones, can you?

Kenya In Security Lockdown As Crowds Welcome Obama Back "Home" - Infowars

Mr Obama waved to the ululating crowds assembled to welcome him “home” to his father’s birthplace, before climbing into his bullet-proof limousine that has been named The Beast for its ability to withstand virtually everything but a nuclear attack.

edit on 17Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:19:36 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You're misinformed and possibly a poor reader ... the President's visit to Kenya did not consist of this one stop.

Do some more reading and get back to us.

EDIT: Here, I'll give you a freebie ... you can't argue with Alex Jones, can you?

For future reference... Alex Jones is freaking lunatic and I am in no way, shape, or form a fan of his. Sorry if that just completely shattered your world view, I hope it wasn't painful.

Show me just one video of a Kenyan crowd roaring in admiration over Obama's gay rights comments.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Bone75 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Why would who you are a fan of matter one way or another? I provided you a link to information.

If you don't like that information, find sources which state that there were not "crowds roaring in admiration."

You made the counter-claim ... the burden of proof is now on you.

Or, just drop it, because no one cares.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 26-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
NVM

well that figures doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If obama can bow to a Saudi king and make the Dali Lama leave threw a back door because china didnt like it . he could have respected the Kenya's wishes.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

NVM

No, not at all. I got the video wrong (about Women's rights, not Gay rights) and so decided that it was better to delete than derail.
edit on 26-7-2015 by aorAki because: dis to de

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
If obama can bow to a Saudi king and make the Dali Lama leave threw a back door because china didnt like it . he could have respected the Kenya's wishes.

The "Kenya's" asked the President a question.

He answered it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

NVM

No, not at all. I got the video wrong (about Women's rights, not Gay rights) and so decided that it was better to delete than disrail.

Ah

no wonder I didn't see it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why would who you are a fan of matter one way or another? I provided you a link to information.

you can't argue with Alex Jones, can you?

Yeah let's just pretend you weren't insinuating that because I'm a conservative then I must be an Alex Jones fan lol.

If you don't like that information, find sources which state that there were not "crowds roaring in admiration."

You made the counter-claim ... the burden of proof is now on you.

That no one was roaring in admiration over his gay rights comments? Okay.

Not even crickets chirping.

And by the way, you're the one who claimed I was conveniently leaving out those "roars of admiration".

edit on 26-7-2015 by Bone75 because: for the lying delusional person

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You seem to be a mind-reader ... either that or you just make stuff up as your argument needs it.

Quote where I stated that anyone was "roaring in admiration" over his answer to the question about gay rights.

The implcation that you and others are trying to make in this thread is that somehow the President seriously insulted the people of Kenya.

I mentioned the fact that crowds attended every meeting before and after this interchange and were cheering in admiration.

Again, you're reading my mind rather than what I've written, or you're seeing what you want to see.

And you're the only one interested in the distinction.

Best,
edit on 18Sun, 26 Jul 2015 18:42:57 -050015p062015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do yourself a favor and stop addressing me Gryphon. You're obviously too full of hate to have anything even remotely resembling a civilized discussion with me, so why bother?

I shouldn't have to keep going off topic and backtracking to keep you in context. I can of course, but I'm not.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do yourself a favor and stop addressing me Gryphon. You're obviously too full of hate to have anything even remotely resembling a civilized discussion with me, so why bother?

I shouldn't have to keep going off topic and backtracking to keep you in context. I can of course, but I'm not.

I've done nothing but repeat facts to you in regard to the OP. You are the one obsessed with "being right" about something you were not only wrong about, that nobody but you cares about, and that has nothing to do with the thread.

Save your advice for someone else. If you don't want to talk to me, don't.

The people of Kenya were not embarrassed or insulted by the President's visit, either before or after these remarks, at least in regard to their reception to him on multiple occasions.

The President answered a question, he did not "lecture" anyone.

Those are the facts.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

A Classic !!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So ... what do we have?

Obama made public remarks in response to a question he was asked.

The usual right-wingers here are trying desperately to turn that into an international incident, embarrasing somehow to the people of Kenya.

According to the Kenyan President ... "no one cares" about gay rights in Kenya ... so ... who is it that is making a big deal about this non-issue?

Bingo.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So ... what do we have?

The usual right-wingers here are trying desperately to turn that into an international incident, embarrasing somehow to the people of Kenya.

According to the Kenyan President ... "no one cares" about gay rights in Kenya ... so ... who is it that is making a big deal about this non-issue?

Bingo.

those questions were planned. What else to ask him when he makes it sound like his greatest achievement?

D0

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

So ... what do we have?

Bingo.

those questions were planned. What else to ask him when he makes it sound like his greatest achievement?

D0

Did you listen to or read any of the President's remarks? The interchange in question was probably about 1% of what the President said.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Majority of the anti-gay rhetoric was imported from the USA.

Even though the videos are talking about Uganda, the story is similar in many countries in Africa.

Yes. And this is what a lot of people don't seem to understand. The problem in Africa has its roots in America so I for one am glad that an American leader is speaking out in an African country. As he has African roots, perhaps people might listen to him more?

All I know is that there are countries in Africa where LGBT people can be imprisoned and are routinely murdered for who they are. And places where if my backstory was known I could be kidnapped and killed.

So GOOD, the President SHOULD speak out there. If these countries want our help or a hand out from the US we have every right to tell them we don't approve of their human rights abuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join