It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama In Kenya: Talks about Gay Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Even when he does the right thing threads are made attempting to slag him off.
Jesus OP does your hate have no bounds?.
If he had not spoken about gay rights I bet you would have made a thread calling him out on that also.
edit on 26-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh so he should have been more PC with his visit?

Yeah, those damn progressives and dirty liberals trying to move society on, how f-ing dare they!

Why can't our elected leaders stick to discussing ONLY the things us conservatives demand they discuss?
Why do all these democrats keep insisting on talking about things as stupid as Human Rights? My Human Rights are fine, so there's more important things these commies should be doing!
Doesn't Obama know that I, as a Republican, DEMAND that he do as I say and only ever confront issues I agree with, ignoring any and all discussions with anyone about anything I also hold as a personal bigotry?!

/sarc

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I say good on Obama. He has stuck by his ethics even in very difficult circumstances. His actions tell me he feels passionately about this. Respect for that. If a man can go to this trouble for what he believes it tells me about his good nature.

Remember Obama is half Kenyan. Kenya is his territory. He is bound to care about the rights of his family and loved ones in Kenya. He is not sticking his nose in where it does not belong. His nose is a half Kenyan nose and a very nice nose at that.

When the gay marriage law came into being I was a bit critical. I was concerned that it was asking people to change too quickly and might be counter productive. In the light of what rhetoric I have read and heard since I am mighty glad. My goodness, the LGBT did need some legal protection.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Obama is spreading anti-christ agenda on his "homeland"...whatever homeland he proclaims this week.

He shouldn't be surprised if he isn't invited back ever and "Obama LanLand" is burned to the ground!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Obama is spreading anti-christ agenda on his "homeland"...whatever homeland he proclaims this week.

He shouldn't be surprised if he isn't invited back ever and "Obama LanLand" is burned to the ground!!!

Did I miss something? Did Obama make us all bow down to him and his statue, which he has obviously put in the Temple that is not even in existence as it stands, has forced us all to have 666 stamped on our heads and will not allow us to buy or sell anything if we don't? I'm just not seeing any indication of that.

Or more likely he is yet one more U.S President being accused of being son of Satan like Reagan, Daddy Bush, Baby Bush and my psychic powers tell me the next President, too. If it is Hillary, suddenly lots of "proof" will be found that the anti Christ will actually be female and make youtube videos about it. I can see it now, "Hillary Clinton is the woman riding the beast of Revelations with Queen of Abominations written on her head". That's how easy it is to make up stuff.

How I know for a fact that Ronald Reagan is the Anti-Christ

I submit that George Walker Bush is the

obama is the antichrist

Haha! Already they are saying it and Hillary hasn't even been elected yet:

House candidate calls Clinton 'Antichrist'

Nut jobs!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It's an anti-christ Team effort?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I love how the US should stay out of everyone else's business ... until it shouldn't, or until Obama doesn't and then it's OK for us not to respect their wishes.

Clearly, Kenya asked him ahead of time to leave the gay rights lectures at home. Does Obama go to ME countries and lecture them about gay rights or women's rights or religious tolerance and diversity? Were those part of the Iran deal? Clearly not or some of those prisoners wouldn't be in prison in Iran anymore.

Does he go to China and tell them to shut down their coal plants or clean up their air?

Does he go to Russia and lecture them on gay rights?
edit on 26-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

It's an anti-christ Team effort?

Haha. It must be. Honestly, if that day comes when we are faced with an Oppressor on the scale of what Revelations describes I'll be in the front line of protest. Christ has not returned yet. I'm not even sure He will. In the mean time we have got to somehow manage this mess, protecting each other so we can live the life style we choose. That means even a Satanist is allowed to have that religion in a free society and practise it. That means Islam can, too. It means all of us can. If the state does not do this then none have any rights at all. That would mean Christians don't have a right to practise. It is open season (hunting term) on any and every lifestyle choice in those circumstances. You tell me, does the anti Christ of Revelations resemble anything liberal and free?

Fascism is all about dictation, making everybody conform to one dogma, be it religious, political, or sociological. Anyone can be a fascist.

The Christian becomes a fascist when he or she insist that everybody else does the same and tries to force that upon others.

The Muslim can be a fascist.

The Jew can be a fascist.

The heterosexual person can be a fascist.

The gay person can be a fascist.

Man, I could be a fascist. If I tried to force you to be like me and live the way I do I would be that. I know it would be wrong for me to do that. I wouldn't even try. I can not tell you what is right or wrong for you, but I can say what is right and wrong for me. I can live the way I want to live and you can live the way you want to live. Obama is sticking up for that, defending it. Laws are there to protect us. He is hardly the lawless one for doing that.

The world is changing quickly, but calling anything anti Christ that differs in opinion is a lame excuse. Really what those people are saying is that it is anti You, not Christ. It is going against your agenda, your beliefs and your opinions. Yet you are not Christ. Obama may be anti You because he has an alternative vision about gay rights, but there is nothing anti Christ about protecting minorities when they have faced hate crimes left, right and centre.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The question is, is this a warning to Kenya and other countries which chose to have antigay laws? Change your laws or you'll get sanctioned. And then when another gay gets murdered horribly the public will approve of an invasion.

Not that I wouldn't want violence out of this world, doesn't matter if it's against gays. But it's an obvious problem. What if those countries at some point will say "Hey we don't want to do business with progay countries" and the world gets divided over this. I'll just remind the reader there was this guy once because of whose opinions millions got killed, it's not to be underestimated.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
But I'm trying to figure out why Obama would press an insult towards the President of Kenya while visiting.

He was asked a direct question about the issue by a reporter at the press conference.
If he had replied "It is the business of the Kenyan government so no comment" everyone would have been all over his arse for that, kind of a no win situation when asked a direct question in public. That's politics.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

"Everyone" as in who exactly? It is their business.

We are constantly told that what other countries do is no one's business. Iran should have nukes. It's no business of ours.

But what Kenya does is now our business?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Come on, you know what I meant.
Okay, for clarity I shall rephrase it:
If he had replied "It is the business of the Kenyan government so no comment" a section of society would have been all over his arse for that, kind of a no win situation when asked a direct question in public.

The international politics side I don't really give much of a toss about, he's your president, not mine, but regarding any leader of a country being asked a direct question about another country's emotive issue, in a press conference, it is generally a no win situation.

You wanna pick holes in that or do you think my stance is reasonable?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The Jesuits members of Catholic Church are the true Anti-Christ.
Search on YT and you will the whole history, inluding Revelations prophecy.

Many believe they groomed Obama to carryout their deeds.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Granite because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

If he had replied "It is the business of the Kenyan government so no comment"

The better response would have been:

"No Comment".

Like the old saying says .....

There's a time and place for everything.

I understand the entire dilemma people have with many Obama comments on any issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"No comment" would have just resulted in different complaints where he would be criticised for not supporting freedom of sexuality.
There is no 'better' option when asked a direct question in a press conference, some section of society will always be unhappy with his response.

Perhaps he should stick to visiting places like Saudi where the reporters would not dare ask any sensitive questions?

...I'm neutral in this though, I'm British, so as an outsider looking in it had to be said that he was answering a direct question, not going over to another country in some kind of crusade to change their laws.
All human beings have the right to a personal opinion, including serving presidents, prime ministers etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What was he supposed to do?

Enlighten us Xuenchen...

What should he have said about their barbaric practices as leader of the free world in his father's homeland...
"Carry on Kenya, baby steps is all you need, & in 4000 years you'll be side by side with us"

Give me a break.
He should be slapping sanctions on these sh#hole countries.

Just because a lot of people are walking in the same direction does not mean it's the right direction. Of course if you have too many people in front of you leading the way, it's hard to see that 3000 foot cliff until you're falling over it ;-)

It's a good plan.... Population reduction through sociological aberration using peer pressure, I think that's called the Delphi Technique. At least it cleans out the gene pool, now we just have to figure out a similar method for politicians, bankers and other psychopaths.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

The Jesuits members of Catholic Church are the true Anti-Christ. Search on YT and you will the whole history, inluding Revelations prophecy.

It's on YT so it must be true. When did Obama join the Jesuits?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And I love how we bring up other countries and what they are doing to the lbgt community and nothing is said.

But when obama does say something, it is still wrong somehow.

Another country telling our president what he can or can not say?

Ya, we americans are all about being told that right?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Grossly inaccurate, not surprised you didn't offer any cmoment with that post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join