It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama In Kenya: Talks about Gay Rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: darkorange

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So ... what do we have?

Obama made public remarks in response to a question he was asked.

The usual right-wingers here are trying desperately to turn that into an international incident, embarrasing somehow to the people of Kenya.

According to the Kenyan President ... "no one cares" about gay rights in Kenya ... so ... who is it that is making a big deal about this non-issue?

Bingo.

those questions were planned. What else to ask him when he makes it sound like his greatest achievement?

D0

Did you listen to or read any of the President's remarks? The interchange in question was probably about 1% of what the President said.

No/ Did he say anything about fighting AIDS or hunger and why it has not been done yet?

D0

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

those questions were planned. What else to ask him when he makes it sound like his greatest achievement?

Careful !!!

Some "conspiracies" are frowned upon these days !!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Some videos of note from Kenya and Uganda:

The people above have every right to live happy productive lives as any American born LGBT.
edit on 26-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

My problem is that we didn't hear a peep from him about the female genital mutilation that is rampant in Kenya. I guess that's because he wasn't asked about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

My problem is that we didn't hear a peep from him about the female genital mutilation that is rampant in Kenya. I guess that's because he wasn't asked about it.

That barbaric practice has to end as well. I would hope that someone *would* ask him about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well he didn't state beforehand that he was going to talk about it. He was only asked questions about the things he said he was going to talk about. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well he didn't state beforehand that he was going to talk about it. He was only asked questions about the things he said he was going to talk about. Coincidence? I think not.

I think it is because this comes during pride season and the female genital mutilation issue has been talked about previously if I am not mistaken it was a big issue of discussion some years back wasn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Who supports an invasion of Kenya?

Or at least an overthrow of the government.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have not heard the speach. But let me guess. He was talking about terrorism and threats to 'world' peace. Threats to US of A way to world dominance in other words. Am I right?

))))

D0
edit on 26-7-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

This was his first trip to Kenya as president. It may be pride season here, but there is no pride season there. It would've been a great opportunity to talk about it as it still very common there.

I would've been more concerned with girls being forced to get there clitorises cut off than whether or not they want to imprison people for sodomizing eachother, but that's just me I guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

And how he knows how horrible it is to be treated differently for being black in America... our PRESIDENT said this.

Still scratching my head over that one.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This was his first trip to Kenya as president. It may be pride season here, but there is no pride season there.

I'm pretty sure pride season is a worldwide thing. it may not be celebrated the same as it is in western countries but conversations around these issues take place during June/July all over the world.

It would've been a great opportunity to talk about it as it still very common there.

I would've been more concerned with girls being forced to get there clitorises cut off than whether or not they want to imprison people for sodomizing eachother, but that's just me I guess.

It all comes from the same cultural place though. They aren't separate issues when you follow them back to their root cause. It's all sexual and gender inequality. One which leads to the loss of freedom and loss of life through imprisonment and death. I'm glad he spoke out on it.

edit on 26-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And how he knows how horrible it is to be treated differently for being black in America... our PRESIDENT said this.

Why? He was relating a personal experience from his life to those who also are treated differently for how they were born.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

He meant how hard to be a puppet perhaps in between the lines.

LOL

D0

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I wonder if he was treated "differently" when he lived in Indonesia ?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I wonder if he was treated "differently" when he lived in Indonesia ?

Or Hawaii?

You know how those Polynesians can be. lol

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

You know how those Polynesians can be. lol

How?
Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Have you actually seen a picture of our President? Even though he is biracial he looks black and if you think blacks are treated the same as whites in this country then you need to get out of your gated community.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That was sarcasm Phage. I honestly have no clue because my white privilege has yet to take me there.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
Good.
I too have fallen victim to the failures of this medium to facilitate communication.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join