It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama In Kenya: Talks about Gay Rights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is nothing anti-christ about standing up for Matthew 7:12 (do unto others as you would they do to you) and speaking out against the killing of minorities.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
talking about something is not "Forcing" anything, or getting in the middle of their business, like starting wars to "free" countries .

It needs to be talked about, people need to know they have support instead of feeling alone with no way to go but death for being Human and alive

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Majority of the anti-gay rhetoric was imported from the USA.

Even though the videos are talking about Uganda, the story is similar in many countries in Africa.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So what I have learned for those saying Obama was wrong here is that he wasn't PC enough and needed to listen to what the other country wants him to say.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"He's a tyrant!"

"He's incompetent!"

"He's a Muslim!"

"He's an atheist!"

"He should go back to Kenya!"

"He should stay away from Kenya!"

Jeebus H. Jehoosaphat!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Apparently Kenya has Constitutional references ....

LGBT rights in Kenya

So obviously, the U.S. needs to change the Kenyan Constitution.

Looks like Obama is starting the campaign with the general population.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think people are saying he is Gay now too....

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Kenyan People love Mr. Obama. (I know that drives many of you crazy.)

He did not "lecture" anyone. He made several statements in response to questions.

His overall remarks were directed at forward movement (i.e. progress) for Kenya and other African nations.

Like or not, for most of the world, honoring ALL human rights is considered a minimum standard for governments.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another way the US will make a country to do things our way

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

when it comes to Equality, i don't think the US is the place to "do things our way"
edit on 26-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The better response would have been:

"No Comment".

LOL!

Stupid Obama, he should have consulted YOU before opening his mouth! He probably didn't consult anyone on how he should respond to the question, if asked! Dumb renegade!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

talking about something is not "Forcing" anything, or getting in the middle of their business

Really?

Last year, Obama pressed Uganda’s leaders to act against an Anti-Homosexuality Act that would impose a life sentence on citizens for “aggravated homosexuality.” The bill passed, and the U.S. pulled financial aid for government-led police and health services from the country, as Politico reported.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

He did not "lecture" anyone. He made several statements in response to questions.

Really?

Obama said before the press conference that a frank discussion of Kenya’s discriminatory policies on gay rights would be on the agenda when he met with Kenyatta.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Funny how Obama bullies these poor defenseless African countries over gay rights, but when he visits Saudi Arabia where they chop the heads off of gay people, he bows to the king like a little bitch and keeps his mouth shut about it.

Real tough guy huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I agree the US is so drunk on it's own power that the leaders think that their way is the best and only way and it shows time and time again that is not the case. ..not even close. We should fix our own house before we start pointing fingers and telling other's that they are wrong. ..the US has been caught doing so many illegal things that get swept under the rug of greed and power that it is sickening.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Read the context. Why is he talking about "gay rights"?

Because he was asked. And he answered.

The African countries are going to have to come to the table on universal human rights.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

he bows to the king like a little bitch and keeps his mouth shut about it.

Yes, because them and Israel damn near own our gov.

Every president bows down to Saudi.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gay rights))) What are these? And Kenia...Does he know people starve there in masses?

D0

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Funny how Obama bullies these poor defenseless African countries over gay rights, but when he visits Saudi Arabia where they chop the heads off of gay people, he bows to the king like a little bitch and keeps his mouth shut about it.

Real tough guy huh?

What ridiculous exaggerations. He answered questions in Kenya. I guess you missed the crowds roaring in admiration? I see you're not mentioning that little tidbit, are you?

How exactly did the President "bully" anyone? By answering a question truthfully?

And for goodness sakes he didn't "bow" to the Saudi king, he followed protocol. He was much taller than the Saudi king; it was a matter of courtesy.

According to the right-wing echo chamber, he's also "bowed" to the mayor of Albuquerque, Chris Christie, as well as a Japanese toy robot.

(Don't bother to quote some right-wingnut site that says that he "bowed." He didn't. Period)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Did that force Uganda to change it's views?

i thought people complain about the US giving Financial Aid to countries, and it seems just for the Government-lead police and Health Services?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join