It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad does it have to get until people wake the hell up?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Then there is the fact that "They" are arming the Police force to the teeth with surplus military hardware. A Police force that seems intend on committing atrocity and race related crimes against members of the public on almost a daily basis.

And lets not forget the "Jade Helm" exercise which is essentially implementing a form of martial law. Its as if "they" wish the population, or at least a significant proportion of the people, to rise against them just so they can put them down or at least tag and record them for future collection by some black bag squad in the middle of the night.

Tell you this something seems to be in the wind.
edit on 26-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Wake the hell up from what?
What do you imagine is so utterly terrible about your society and country right now that's new or a threat to you?

Troops on the streets? Civilian internment camps for "political dissidents" and "extremist groups"? Black site reeducation dungeons? Bank holidays? Bank haircuts(open blatant theft)? Wesley Clark's precrime system?

None of which is actually happening.
I think someone has been watching too many Alex Jones videos and got themselves into a tizzy over nothing.

What will it take for people to wake up and get out of the corporate owned two-party dictatorship?

Ah, so it's about the political left v the political right?
Now you're starting to make sense.
So your gripe is about the corporate influence in government?

Well, that's something I can get behind. Still, there are no internment camps, there are no FEMA gas chambers, there are no troop movements against the citizens, you are not being oppressed, you are not being prevented from having a political opinion, you are not one moment away from having a SWAT team smash down your door - unless you have indeed gone too far down this paranoia rabbit hole and started genuinely becoming a threat to others.

Relax, chill out, try to express your valid political opinion without trying to make out that it's the end of your society unless you collectively revolt against the "oppressors!" lol

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And lets not forget the "Jade Helm" exercise which is essentially implementing a form of martial law.

Oh really..so a training scenario is now a form of Martial Law?

Show me 1 thing to back that statement up and what exactly is a "form of Martial Law"

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Certainly a training exercise for the potential of martial law. Why run the operation if not to explore the possibilities?

As to what constitutes martial law or the form it takes, hope this helps.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Police are becoming militarized. There's no doubt. At the same time, so are criminals. The police have to be able to respond in like fashion to an increased threat. I see the same media reports as everyone else. They are really good at making it seem like an assault on the public is more prominent than it really is.

I don't believe Jade Helm is any exercise for martial law. I lean along the lines that its sheer scale is just to test a new command and control system that's on a scale never before used. I do believe they are gearing up and preparing for a potential conflict with an actual world power.

I do agree that something is going on behind the scenes though. Our constitution is being threatened and infringed on an increasing basis by near everyone in DC. Some people are awake to it, others not so much. That's mainly because we've developed some kind of societal apathy towards things that don't seem to directly effect us. We're like the frog in the pot of water... you slowly increase the temperature and the frog never jumps out and complacently dies.

edit on 7/26/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Troops on the streets? Civilian internment camps for "political dissidents" and "extremist groups"? Black site reeducation dungeons? Bank holidays? Bank haircuts(open blatant theft)? Wesley Clark's precrime system?

What will it take for people to wake up and get out of the corporate owned two-party dictatorship?

Wake up & do what? Vote? Fight? Leave?

I always hear people make this same plea for "something", but what is the plan? African American & Hispanic communities have rallied, protested, boycotted, fought, and even occasionally rioted against this system for decades. Yet this system is still in place. And it's not like the people making public cries for action have jumped in to help, either.

Others vote for 3rd party candidates and/or boycott products & services that enrich the current power structure. That hasn't changed anything either. And it's not like the people making public cries for action have jumped in to help with this either.

As for leaving, there are plenty of expats who've moved away from "this crooked system". And while I can certainly understand their actions (why stay somewhere you're not wanted?), it hasn't changed the system either.

So what's left? Violence? You can't revolt violently when your opponent has all of the weapons & the ability to make your very existence illegal. You can try rallying massive protests. But India's already tried that by holding several nationwide strikes with 100 MILLION people on strike. And guess what? The current system is still in place.

You can always try running for office or encourage others to run for office. Then the "non-corrupt" people can change the laws, revamp the current system, and make things better. But I've noticed a funny trend about that. Most times, the people doing the complaining never are willing to get off their butts & make the changes themselves. They are basically asking others to be their saviors or to be martyrs for a cause they won't even fight for.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

As much as i wish i could give you some good news... reality is that the ride to hell only began. It will reach its peak when the civilization permanently break apart.
edit on 26-7-2015 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Back in Junior College, lol...I did finally make it to Cal Poly, SLO.... a Political Science teacher said to us...." Things will never get better until humanity has to go back to living "Natural"...no energy, cars, or conventional view of "wealth".....he was a nut job, ended up having an affair with my friend and fellow student ....but what he said, has always kinda has stuck with me....I really do think that we need to get back to "basics"......grow your own food, support local farmers, take a stand and run for or support local government officials that greatly influence the laws in that community.....
edit on 26-7-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"We're like the frog in the pot of water... you slowly increase the temperature and the frog never jumps out and complacently dies."

That very true, well said! Its also remarkably synonymous with the methods TBTB are using to removing our basic freedoms little by little as the days go by under the guise of maintaining our security and way of life.

"Softly, softly, catchee monkey" is how i would put it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think it's more complex than that. A soda and a snickers bar gets you to 800 calories but it doesn't make you feel full.

Not too complex other than I'm talking real food in a situation where there are no sodas or candy bars...potatoes, rice, cabbage and a hint of meat thing...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That very true, well said! Its also remarkably synonymous with the methods TBTB are removing our basic freedoms little by little as the days go by under the guise of maintaining our security and way of life.

Safety and security will bring an end to our freedoms. It is so simple it will work. We see it with the Patriots Act that tramples allover our freedoms, first don't name it by what it really is Reduce Your Freedoms Act, then don't let it expire with a never ending security/safety reason and never ending war based around a abstract ideal of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

yes...and that is the reality we are faced with......

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"with a never ending security/safety reason and never ending war based around a abstract ideal of terrorism"

Seem that's there plan, the real question i suppose is how to put a spanner in their works with out provoking there wrath or ending up on one of there lists for expressing ones opinion or demonstrating dismay at the demonstrable actions these so called leaders of our society display on a daily basis and call democracy.

Thing is that change in this world, real change, generally requires blood. Our blood probably long before theirs.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I really respect Jesse Ventura.....I think he gives a really important perspective to the challenges we all face,,,,,but he said something in a recent interview I saw that made me really SAD......he basically said when TSHTF...he will be in his 80's...or dead.....and that is one of my deepest sorrows too....I will probably die without making a dent in correcting the system and my child and all of yours will be "enslaved" forever....makes me cry....
edit on 26-7-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its pretty obvious most Americans will put up with any reduction in their liberties just as long as they get to keep their precious guns. The ironic thing is that most of the same people think that being able to own guns stops their government from taking their liberties away in the first place.

All the government has to do is threaten to take the guns away every now and then and while everyone has their attention on that issue they push through all sorts of other reductions in liberties.

Its a great system of control.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Seem that's there plan...

Honestly I don't think there is a plan. What we have are people who have been so long in Government that they think they are smarter than everyone else, that they know what is good for all of us over what we think is good, that they are above the Constitution and they can do as they see fit no matter if freedoms are lost along the way.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Its pretty obvious most Americans will put up with any reduction in their liberties just as long as they get to keep their precious guns.

Please explain how the 2nd Amendment reduces liberties? I'm really interested to know.

I would think the tool would be to create a welfare state and create an entitlement society, then no one will push back in fear they will lose generic_01 Government program.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Call it a plan, call it an agenda, call it what you will. These is method behind the madness of that you can be sure. And the path which seems to be unfolding before our very eyes is not exactly one i wish me or my children to walk down.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19614887]Reverbs[

actually my toughs...

2001 definitive wake up time for me.. G8 in Genoa (were I live) and then 9/11... I can't go back sleeping, never again!

and I see thing going worst and people care less, very sad..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join