It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad does it have to get until people wake the hell up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Holy crap that was a good rant!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
People have woken up, they just dont realise that everyone else has woken up, so they remain quiet.

If you want to wake people up forget about forums, go into the street where you live and inform those people, that way there's no trolls coming in spreading there filthy lies.

But but but... wouldn't you sound like a crazy Christian if you did that in the street?

I like your idea but see flaws in it. Let's discuss another way of doing it. I'm open to all ideas.

Edit: I just re read and realised you didn't mean go in the street and preach as such. You meant tell everyone around you that you know?? That's a good start. Let's discuss how we can get more exposure, I'm thinking a tv ad, something short and simple, that gets repeated daily for a month.
Doesn't matter if people act or agree immediately, as long as the message soaks in. Maybe some will wake up, maybe some will think about waking up.

Am I talking of doctrine via advertising here? Maybe... But it's for a good cause right? I believe so anyway.
edit on 25/7/15 by OpenEars123 because: I've had 8 pints, sue me.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't know why the moderators have not removed your post? It is "inflammatory" to say the lease, and a personal attack on the OP. It violates ATS terms and conditions's.

To say that corporation's and government don't have an agenda or not part of the problem, is wrong. They are the problem in the United States, padding each other pockets and stealing from the poor by bribing Congress with their lobbyist to pass tax reforms to ONLY benefit the corporations and that my friend is a hard core fact.

I don't see government as an entity as the problem either.

The fact is the government no longer works for We The People any longer, Anyone who watches C-Span can watch many debates. The government and military is in business with the global corporations and it is a major problem. Greed and power is the only thing that feeds our corrupt political system. The United States is falling off the cliff and is financially on the verge of a collapse.

The Op is trying to understand why people are not waking up. My 'opinion" is that many don't care to whats really going on in this world. However a day will come soon when these people will wake up when they realize they cannot get their basic needs. It will be these people that will take their actions to the street and want to know WHAT HAPPENED. And We The People are taking notes of this and to whom we will hold "accountable" for committing tyrannical acts against the American people.

I don't think cops are the issue.

I happened to believe many cops are the issue. shoot first ask questions later. Who made the cops Judges and Juries? I read every day where cops in America kill people in wheel chairs, people in hand cuffs, cops turning off their body cameras and covering up their crimes. Cops shooting unarmed Americans where there should be Do Process of the Law. Many of the police are radicals and are being trained to be radicals. We Americans are seeing little no accountability in many of our police departments around the Nation.

To me you're just as brainwashed as the fundamentalist Christian who believes everyone who does not accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal saviors is going to Hell.

That is a very poor "opinion" my friend. So being a Christian is a bad thing as you just demonstrated. What the OP views on Christianity has nothing to do with the given topic, so lets not move the goal post here.

You are so radicalized by left-wing propaganda that to you everything is a conspiracy by TPTB.

Thanks for telling us there are no conspiracies. And I will have to assume you really believe that the government, military and the corrupt Banking Cartels have OUR best interest. Now look who is asleep.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It will take zombies crawling around our backyard.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: southernplayalistic
It will take zombies crawling around our backyard.

Gimme a hammer, let's go have some fun!

Edit: Actually I'd like a hammer (for backup) and a 12" screwdriver as my 1st weapon of choice. Easy eye/temple piercing with that badboy.
Hmmmm.... I think I watch too much tv :-|
edit on 25/7/15 by OpenEars123 because: Because the beer told me to say more.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Im with you when either DARPA really stuffs up or the Umbrella corporation takes over.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

You really think TV would broadcast something thats supposed to wake people up?!

LOL

Television is the tool that THEY use to keep the people stupid...and now they've moved into the forums too.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ok how about this?

Kill/cull all religious right wing fundamentalists, all other cool religious people can stay. Then cull the government, all of the fkers.

Yeah there would be a hell of a lot dead people, but think about it... No more war or terrorism? Yes somebody will have to lead us, so let's stick trump in for a term. At least he's a genuine people's person. And if he fks up, we demote him to dishwasher and let someone else have a go. We need a leader that listens to the people, and puts up a reasonable referendum, to fight for what WE want. Don't you think it would be nice to vote for someone you could trust? Someone who makes promises and keeps them? Baring in mind the religious nutters will all be gone, along with all governments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm still waiting to find a politician who will fight for what we want, and stick to his policies? Unless anyone can correct me and name someone, that really listens and works for the people, and more importantly gets RESULTS.
Let's start the cull.

Wow, I could be in trouble here. It's all subjective!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To answer your question very directly, for some people it would take a nuclear warhead going off in their general proximity, but of course by then they'd be turned to ash.

Seriously though, some people will never wake up.

My question is (without trying to be an ass) why do some people keep waiting for the impossible to happen? Never in history has a very large percentage of the population risen up against tyranny all at once. It's always a small percentage that wakes up and does the ACTUAL WORK.

During the Revolutionary War, only THREE percent of the people actually fought against Great Britain.

Only TEN percent of the citizens actively supported that three percent.

There's one example of how this stuff works. The theory is once 10% of a population is committed to an idea, it’s inevitable that it will eventually become the prevailing opinion of the entire group. The key is to remain committed.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: OpenEars123

You really think TV would broadcast something thats supposed to wake people up?!

LOL

Television is the tool that THEY use to keep the people stupid...and now they've moved into the forums too.

Yes you are right! That's why we need some trickery in our ad. With a hidden but obvious message.
Yes maybe it won't get aired, but how about employing a genius hacker that can repeat the ad for us?

I'm just thinking out loud, what other ideas you got? I'm all ears and open.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Take away people's Netflix.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: MrSpad

Such a great place where you get shot 43 times for stealing a cup of coffee,have the Swat team arrive for an unliscenced lemonade stand upon which they will shoot your dog,taser granny for complaining and then take away the son without habeus corpus rights indefinately under some terrorist statute for his latest facebook comment.

Do you even bother to read? In comparison with history it is much better. Not perfect and not problem free. People always want to think they have it bad. It is human nature to think you are surviving some great struggle. When things are really bad you will not be sitting around on the internet complaining you will be trying to survive.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Im not complaning im listing facts everything listed there is on your posse commitus threads and just because people survived Auschwitz doesn't mean everything is peachy now,Europe is actually worse than the USA at the moment with where its headed but onwards towards the fourth Reich we go Sir I have read many of your posts is your location Langley Virginia?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

critically is the rumors of our demise. The less the majority wants to think my friends, the quicker our end nears.....

I really like this, I have been so frustrated with others lately, and I''m so tired of those who just except the injustice in the world, and deny truth because it's uncomfortable, I appreciate those with a fire in their belly, and tell it like it is, I still have hope for humanity .
edit on 26-7-2015 by greenfox86 because: (no reason
edit on 26-7-2015 by greenfox86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2015 by greenfox86 because: Copy and paste mishap
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
And just what are you doing OP about all these issues? What is anyone doing about these issues?

Perhaps I am wrong.. but I keep seeing posts like this, but unless I am sorely mistaken, I feel that a VAST majority of those who complain.. do nothing about it. "omg.. sheeples, wake up! You are prisoners and living in a police state!!" Blahblahblah, etc... yet that is all it is. Blather on an Internet forum.

Instead of the whole "I know stuff and you are ignorant.. why are you so ignorant?" posts, how about listing some organizations, movements, votes, rallies, and issues to take particular interest in, if they concern you. A general "everything is crap and you aren't doing anything about it" post accomplishes nothing at all. I see so much complaining.. so little planning and focus and organization. If you really.. truly want to see things change about things you care about, take the time to focus on ONE or two things, and point to ways that people can actually make a difference.

I'm sorry.. but I grow tired of the finger pointing at everyone else.. the name calling.. the holier than thou attitudes, but.. no solutions. If it was actually that important to you.. you'd do more than bleat about how terrible everyone is for not paying attention to what you think needs paid attention to.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Well instead of complaining about complaining why not start a thread offering solutions

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

5th, I really like your post but it's super tough to read without some paragraph structure. My eyes end up losing place.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Well instead of complaining about complaining why not start a thread offering solutions

I wasn't the one ranting. I involve myself in the project or issues that I have an interest in on my own terms. I just get tired of seeing the "Wake up sheeple and do something!" posts, by people who probably by and large, are doing nothing other than posting these ranting posts. Hypocritical comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Just be careful I opposed all of this directly back in the late 90's cost me 13 years of my life,I focus on local community issues I feel the big picture is beyond rectification unless the military get involved and for that you need protests far beyond my resources to organize.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The real answer...

Less than 800 calories per day is the breaking point. It has been determine that when society food intake goes below 800 calories per day the masses will cause fundamental changes, i.e. riots, so as long as we keep growing fat from lots and lots of food crap we will never reach that point as a society no matter how much freedoms we lose.

I think it's more complex than that. A soda and a snickers bar gets you to 800 calories but it doesn't make you feel full.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join