It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo is forcing me to consider supporting Donald Trump!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have not voted for a "mainstream" Republican or Democrat since I last made that mistake voting for GWB's first time around.

I had pretty much dismissed Trump since he first announced. However, this brouhaha with Huffington Post banning news about his campaign from their politics section has me thinking differently.

Aside from being such a blatant example of how the public is manipulated by media (no surprise there), and the fact that I consider HuffPo to be a caricature of a news source, I figure anybody whom the establishment hates that much can't be all bad.

So, thanks to Huffington Post for shining a light on the situation. Here's one person who had no respect for Donald Trump until you disrespected him!
edit on 2015 7 by incoserv because: Fixed title, edited typo

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Trump while I don't agree with him on many subject will bring a breath of fresh air to our cold dead Political environment. He is right about our lying politicians. Jeb wont even use his last name. I mean how can you trust a guy like that? Jeb is being dishonest out of the box.

We need a successful man who is not politically correct and has no intention of playing the political game. I will be voting for Donald Vs Hillary or who ever if given the chance.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
... I will be voting for Donald Vs Hillary or who ever if given the chance.

As far as that goes, I'd vote for the spawn of an unholy union between Satan and Hitler before I'd vote for Hillary.

Speaking literally here, not figuratively.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hillary must love all these wasted votes going towards Trump

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

While I initially dismissed Trump as a serious candidate, there are definitely some things going on over him that has my attention. Any candidate that has both sides of the aisle in an uproar over their behavior and remarks has my attention. You've got the democrats crying foul, networks refusing to carry him, and products pulled from shelves over his straight forward remarks. You've also got the republicans telling him to tone it down and to knock it off. There's no doubt in my mind that he's a threat to something or somebody.

I still don't believe he'd be a good fit for president, but anyone who can get the entire political establishment up in arms and feel threatened is someone to pay attention do. In my opinion, he's doing something right.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Hillary must love all these wasted votes going towards Trump

If everybody whom I heard say, last election, "Dub, I'd vote for Ron Paul if I thought he could win," had voted for him, he's probably have stood a chance.

But it's safer to vote for whom the establishment commands than to take a risk and do what one knows to be the right thing. Yeah? Good forbid you should think for yourself. That'd be dangerous.

The "lesser of two evils" is still evil.

Here's how I see it:

They offer us two choices. You can ride in the blue car that's heading straight towards a solid concrete wall at 250mph, or you can jump in the red car that's heading toward the same wall at only 200mph and plans to take a slight detour.

You can get in whichever car you want. Me, I may not be able to stop the wreck, but I ain't putting fuel in the tank.

edit on 2015 7 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Trump is breaking the illusion that only politicians can be president.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I have not voted for a "mainstream" Republican or Democrat since I last made that mistake voting for GWB's first time around.

I had pretty much dismissed Trump since he first announced. However, this brouhaha with Huffington Post banning news about his campaign from their politics section has me thinking differently.

Aside from being such a blatant example of how the public is manipulated by media (no surprise there), and the fact that I consider HuffPo to be a caricature of a news source, I figure anybody whom the establishment hates that much can't be all bad.

So, thanks to Huffington Post for shining a light on the situation. Here's one person who had no respect for Donald Trump until you disrespected him![/quote

I don't care for Trump but he does speak his mind and for that I appreciate him. I'd rather have the devil yo u know than the devil you don't know. There really is no good candidate .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

HuffPo is a political propaganda outlet. It comes as no surprise to me that they'd ban Trump. But that wouldn't be enough to make me go over to Trump. Trump is nothing more than a populist designed to bleed off right wingers from Bush so that someone even less palatable will win the nomination. Its all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: incoserv ... I still don't believe he'd be a good fit for president, but ...

Tell me honestly, EternalSolace, how long has it been since you saw anybody nominated who was a good fit for president?

Maybe since Eisenhower?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you'll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

We need a successful man who is not politically correct and has no intention of playing the political game.

So you won't be voting for Trump? Numerous bankruptcies and defaulted loans are not the earmarks of a successful man. The companies he has that are doing good are the ones that the banks forced him out of the leadership position and replaced him with people that new what they were doing.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Trump is nothing more than a populist designed to bleed off right wingers from Bush so that someone even less palatable will win the nomination. Its all smoke and mirrors.

It's a given that HuffPo is a b.s. website.

And "smoke and mirrors" is all that these political shenanigans are ever about.

But as to someone less palatable than Jeb Bush coming on the scene ... Either you're talking about Hillary Clinton or maybe a reincarnation of Josef Mengele?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Wow! What an intelligent way to make your presidential choice! You must be proud of yourself about now.

Look, if you're looney enough to support Donald Trump in his presidential bid, the least you could do is to accept responsibility for the vote you cast and not try to blame your decision on somebody else.

Would you support Hillary if the Huff Post slammed her? Or how about Bernie, would their condemnation be enough for him to gain your support?

Just admit it, if you vote for Donald it's because you support what he stands for, Plain & Simple.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The simple fact is that even thought Donald Trump is (as we say down south) as useless as milk teats on a boar hog, so is every other damned candidate that they give us.

I can't see where a vote for him would be any more calamitous than a vote for Jeb or Hillary or Bernie Or Mitt.

Do any of you people actually think that any of those puppet clowns will do the right thing in any circumstance? 'Cause if you do, I'd just put you in the lost cause category.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The simple fact is that even thought Donald Trump is (as we say down south) as useless as milk teats on a boar hog, so is every other damned candidate that they give us.

I can't see where a vote for him would be any more calamitous than a vote for Jeb or Hillary or Bernie Or Mitt.

Do any of you people actually think that any of those puppet clowns will do the right thing in any circumstance? 'Cause if you do, I'd just put you in the lost cause category.

Then why vote at all?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Trump is nothing more than a populist designed to bleed off right wingers from Bush so that someone even less palatable will win the nomination. Its all smoke and mirrors.

It's a given that HuffPo is a b.s. website.

And "smoke and mirrors" is all that these political shenanigans are ever about.

But as to someone less palatable than Jeb Bush coming on the scene ... Either you're talking about Hillary Clinton or maybe a reincarnation of Josef Mengele?

Actually, I apologize for having mis-spoken. The idea in my mind at the time I wrote that was that Trump bleeds the right wingers to himself, thus, allowing the monied interests to insure Bush wins. Then....in the general election the angry, resentful right wingers stay home which insures Hillary wins. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

You'd have to be at least as "looney" to support any of the other fools who are being foisted on us a viable candidate.

There isn't a petri dish full of active brain cells in the whole field of candidates.

But you just keep spouting the approved narrative, though. Much safer that way.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

A news source you don't like, covering a joke of a candidate in their entertainment section as opposed to political news is an awfully silly reason to gain respect for a person.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Then why vote at all?

'Cause there's nothing good on tv, and I felt like going out?

See my previous post about the blue car and the red car.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join