It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo is forcing me to consider supporting Donald Trump!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Trump is another Mitt Romney.
A distraction.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So nothing about his policies has people wanting to vote for him... he hasn't said any besides a big wall and magically creating jobs.

Just that other people don't like him and he is a 'straight shooter'....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

It looks like Bernie has decided to lead, people are waking up to his message in droves and they're liking what they're hearing.

Much to the chagrine of the "Moral Majority". Although their reasons are backasswards.....
because he stands for morality and decency and is against corruption. period.com

edit on 7/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: incoserv

Donald Trump is a scam artist he has scammed with his shady businesses many people...

Yes, this is true.

And Geo. W. Bush and Dick Cheney weren't scam artists?

Barack Hussein Obama is not a scam artist?

Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are not scam artists?

DAMMIT! WAKE UP, PEOPLE! All the negative things you're saying about al Trump are true. But they are just as true about all the rest.

But you will defend to the death your choice of scam artist or liar or cheat (let's just say politician) because that's what the party or the box tells you to do?

-

It does not matter if Bush/Cheney/Obama/Clinton are also scam artists. That's the old "Well, he did it too" false justification at ones decisions or reasonings.

So you'd rather choose *your* choice of a scam artist simply because he/she is not the status quo/media manufactured scam artist...just because?

Very ill reasoning.

And helps nothing.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So you won't be voting for Trump? Numerous bankruptcies and defaulted loans are not the earmarks of a successful man.

Right because considering the history of the US government being bad with it's money doesn't mean nothing.

At least with Trump he dug himself out of a hole.

Unlike our current government, and Trumps critics that keeps digging that monetary hole deeper.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He didn't dig himself out of a hole...

Hard to be in one when you are still rich coming out of the bankruptcies.
Not to mention the money he had from his father.
And when you get investors to start the business you run into the ground and then put them in said hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Neo, Trump is not even going to make it to the primaries.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AboveBoard

Trump is another Mitt Romney.
A distraction.

BuzzyWigs, they are all distractions. The whole cussed process is nothing but a big distraction.

While they spend and legislate us into oblivion, we are distracted by these political dog-and-pony shows.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: incoserv

Donald Trump is a scam artist he has scammed with his shady businesses many people...

Yes, this is true.

And Geo. W. Bush and Dick Cheney weren't scam artists?

Barack Hussein Obama is not a scam artist?

Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are not scam artists?

DAMMIT! WAKE UP, PEOPLE! All the negative things you're saying about al Trump are true. But they are just as true about all the rest.

But you will defend to the death your choice of scam artist or liar or cheat (let's just say politician) because that's what the party or the box tells you to do?

-

It does not matter if Bush/Cheney/Obama/Clinton are also scam artists. That's the old "Well, he did it too" false justification at ones decisions or reasonings.

So you'd rather choose *your* choice of a scam artist simply because he/she is not the status quo/media manufactured scam artist...just because?

Very ill reasoning.

And helps nothing.

No, I'm not justifying my choice because of them. I am making the point that they are all scam artists, past, present and future. The person to whom I was responding was saying that Trump is a scam artist. Every politician in the country - those who have held office as well as those vying for office - are scam artists, so that does not hold as an unique accusation against Donald Trump.

If it impeaches him, it impeaches all of them, past and present.
edit on 2015 7 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Neo, Trump is not even going to make it to the primaries.

I know.

All this crap after Trump doing this multiple times over the years.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't trust his political running, he does love the free publicity and is a whore for that.

What else is there for the republicans? because I really would never vote for Billary.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't see you being forced into anything, care to use a different word?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Right.

And the point I made is this: based upon what you said in your OP, you would vote for him simply because he is not one of these media manufactured candidates (and because the Huff Post won't put news of him in the politics section), even if he is a scam artist. So if they're all scam artists (and I'm not disagreeing there),

you'd rather choose *your* choice of a scam artist simply because he/she is not the status quo/media manufactured scam artist

?

That's the ill reasoning and doesn't help.

Honest question: do you actually *want* him to become president over all the other republican candidates, or do you simply want to throw a wrench into the electoral system by voting for him?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Hillary must love all these wasted votes going towards Trump

We NEVER agree............

But I have to raise a beer to you here man.......this is exactly whats happening.......

The guys a freaking circus clown, and if he ever got nominated would be slaughtered in the debates....

Im sure shes all a glow

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Trump is breaking the illusion that only politicians can be president.

Ronald Reagan was an actor, and so was Arnold ... Non-carreer politicians have been successful many times before. Name recognition is the name of the game.

Sadly, in American politics it's basically a popularity contest.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

I don't see you being forced into anything, care to use a different word?

I already did. Further back in this discussion thread I clarified.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Right.

And the point I made is this: based upon what you said in your OP, you would vote for him simply because he is not one of these media manufactured candidates (and because the Huff Post won't put news of him in the politics section), even if he is a scam artist. So if they're all scam artists (and I'm not disagreeing there),

you'd rather choose *your* choice of a scam artist simply because he/she is not the status quo/media manufactured scam artist

?

That's the ill reasoning and doesn't help.

Honest question: do you actually *want* him to become president over all the other republican candidates, or do you simply want to throw a wrench into the electoral system by voting for him?

I think I've already addressed both of those questions.

First, I never said that I had decided to vote for anyone, just that the MSM reaction to Trump was causing (not actually forcing) me to look at him more seriously.

Second, as to "throwing a wrench into the electoral system," that would mean upsetting or breaking the system.

As I have said numerous times in this thread, I believe that the system is already broken. Others have thrown the wrenches into it. Everyone just keeps pretending that it's still working.

Re-read my comments about the red car and end blue car for further elucidation.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: muse7
Hillary must love all these wasted votes going towards Trump

We NEVER agree............

But I have to raise a beer to you here man.......this is exactly whats happening.......

The guys a freaking circus clown, and if he ever got nominated would be slaughtered in the debates....

Im sure shes all a glow

They are all circus clowns... or worse. Please show me how any one of them is any better.

They are all bought and paid for by big money special interest, sold out to the highest bidder.

And that bidder is NOT you.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: combatmaster

Trump is breaking the illusion that only politicians can be president.

Ronald Reagan was an actor, and so was Arnold ... Non-carreer politicians have been successful many times before. Name recognition is the name of the game.

Sadly, in American politics it's basically a popularity contest.

MM, we get the government that we collectively deserve.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I red the analogy about the cars.

As to throwing a wrench into the electoral system, you miss my point. I never said it was working or wasn't broke, but it does function a certain way and that way works (and it DOES work for those who want it to work as such), which is why we are presented with the two favorites of both parties, adorned and given full attention by the media, bought by the corporations, PACs, and lobbyists; HOWEVER, my point about throwing a wrench is disrupting THAT system, wherein by YOU voting for Trump simply because he is disliked and NOT supported and ordained by the media, is essentially throwing a wrench into the working-broken system and breaking the broken system.

The question, AGAIN, is: are you wanting to throw a wrench in THAT system? I suppose the answer is yes, since you don't know who you're voting for, haven't voted mainstream in years, but are considering Trump because he's so out there and disliked by so many. And the reason you are considering supporting him is *because* of that? It's not because of his policies, or stances, but only because of others' reactions to him?

That still is ill reason and doesn't help. And part of the problem.

If it's because you feel he's "on to something" that the media and the establishment are don't want exposed or are afraid of, just say it.

Le sigh. This is tedious.

I feel like I'm talking to a politician.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join