It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Calling it domestic terrorism. FBI is in charge of the investigation now.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just said they're treating the incident as "an act of domestic terrorism"

link   
They won't say how the gunman was killed. Not good to hear. Here comes the false flag stuff.

link   
It would be nice to hear some eyewitness accounts.
I have a feeling that the shooter could have worn a black vest with 'ISIS' emblazoned across the front and back and that tidbit wouldn't make it on the news.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Shamrock- Is this your personal belief or are they actually saying it? I'm hearing it is not terror related so I'm just wondering.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkPassenger95
Just said they're treating the incident as "an act of domestic terrorism"

Okay, that's what I was wanting to know. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Shamrock- Is this your personal belief or are they actually saying it? I'm hearing it is not terror related so I'm just wondering.

I live in Chattanooga and they are calling it domestic terrorism

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Calling it DT but they say they do not know. Always use the worst name to keep every one worried, at least those who like to worry.
edit on 7/16/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Chattanooga not too far from the border of Mississipi...

I know it's early, but could this be an anti Jade Helm reaction?

I'm not one to postulate often, but this was definitely planned, rather than a mental snap imo.

Be interesting to find out where the gunman is from, and what, if any, training he had.

Sounds semi professional though.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

The mayor said it was domestic terrorism.

FBI SAC says they don't know yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"the officers arrived at the location quickly and actively and enthusiastically engaged..."

First time I have hear the term 'enthusiasm' used to describe a police reaction.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Every source I've seen now saying 4 Marines and the gunman are deceased.

All saying confirmed.

Madness.

Yup. Your correct. Thank you. I wanted to wait to hear from what was said at the pressor 1st. Just so sad & sensless....

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
U.S. District Attourney proudly declares they are calling it domestic terrorism - before seeing the evidence.

FBI spokesperson dances around and says they are not 'officially' calling it domestic terrorism.

Local police chief talks straight and admits they don't know what the hell the motive was but they are doing everything possible to find answers and ensure public safety.

But bigger government is always better, right?

OT and seemingly insensitive, I know, but we don't have much in the way of facts to digest at this point.
edit on 16-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think I'm going to wait for more information before speculating on motive.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's really only three options here:

Mental break
Personal disagreement leading to violence
Domestic terrorism

Given that the targets were clearly selected due to being military in nature, and given that more than one target was attacked, I think that rules out both mental break and personal disagreement.

This doesn't seem to have been an attack against any individual, and it wasn't random.
Therefore the only thing left is terrorism, in my opinion. He chose those locations and Marines for a reason.

Then you have to wonder who would attack locations like this.

I'm not one to speculate normally, but I'm willing to bet that I can profile at least some aspects of this person:

Single white male,
Probably divorced or separated,
Aged 35 to 45,
A "loner",
Probably local to the area
Probably had encounters with the police before for drinking/DUI and being disorderly, and possibly domestic violence
And yes, he probably exhibited paranoid delusions about things like Jade Helm.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Every source I've seen now saying 4 Marines and the gunman are deceased.

All saying confirmed.

Madness.

Nice Gun Free zone sticker...That worked out well.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (CBS Atlanta/AP) — A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, sending troops scrambling for safety in an Army recruiting office, officials said.
A US official says five were killed, including 4 Marines and a sole gunman. U.S. Attorney Bill Killian called the killings an “act of domestic terrorism.”
Two law enforcement officials told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

atlanta.cbslocal.com...
edit on 023131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Didn't even notice that.

And if I did, I'd have avoided making this into a gun control thread.
I'm sick of those.

However, you can see its high velocity rounds fired from outside, and a gun on the premises would have meant sweet F.A to those inside.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (CBS Atlanta/AP) — A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, sending troops scrambling for safety in an Army recruiting office, officials said.
A US official says five were killed, including 4 Marines and a sole gunman. U.S. Attorney Bill Killian called the killings an “act of domestic terrorism.”
Two law enforcement officials told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

atlanta.cbslocal.com...

Another official says the shooter "is believed to be local to the area."

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

atlanta.cbslocal.com...

Oh, wow...I saw his name posted on Fox Business Network earlier but it was quickly taken off. And I thought Mohammad was the last name. Hmmmmm....

edit on 16-7-2015 by texasgirl because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join