It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...
A NewsChannel9 reporter said he heard half a dozen shots when he arrived in the Riverside Park and noted Homeland Security vehicles were on the scene.

So the feds are already on the scene even as shots are ringing out. This one is starting to feel like another "exercise."

-------------------

edit on 16-7-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

www.nydailynews.com...
A NewsChannel9 reporter said he heard half a dozen shots when he arrived in the Riverside Park and noted Homeland Security vehicles were on the scene.

So the feds are already on the scene even as shots are ringing out. This one is starting to feel like another "exercise."

It's funny how the FEDs always just happen to be right around the corner... you know sitting at the cafe sipping coffee when they get the call

Or is this merely a sign of how large these Federal departments really are, within cities??

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I live probably 2 miles from where the shooting happened. What I'm hearing is there has been shootings at the Navy Reserve Center and the Army Center here. A no fly zone has been issued over Chattanooga. 4 marines have been shot

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Utterly moronic local reporter just said "police were walking around with what appeared to be AK-47s in hand."

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
Found a twitter feed for one of the local press. Has a photo of one of the locations after the shooting. Dose not look like a sniper, by the number of brass marked on the ground.

Drew Bollea Twitter feed

According to that feed...

BREAKING: this is NO LONGER an active shooter situation per CPD

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Yeah it is strange seeing as how the Department of Homeland Security has a headquarters in Chattanooga. They also have lights and sirens on their cars and are on the outlook for terrorist attacks ?

Seems completely illogical to me that they would arrive quickly on the scene ? (Sigh)
edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkPassenger95

Thanks for the local update. Sooo sad. I hope that no one (well maybe the shooter) loses his / her life!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
It's funny how the FEDs always just happen to be right around the corner...

It's the Tennessee Homeland security, not the Feds. See the text on the car.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
News reporting it is "no longer an active shooter situation." That means the shooter is in custody or is dead.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
About 5 minutes ago, the Chattanooga PD tweeted "Active shooter situation is over. Details forthcoming #chanews"

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I live quite a few hours North on I-75...probably a long shot, but I'll keep an eye out for the vehicle. Hopefully they'll have a better description by the time I head home in a few hours.

People are damn crazy in this world.

ETA: Well, just like that, it's apparently over. That was thankfully quick.
edit on 16-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

www.nydailynews.com...

-------------------

Funny how it's not a FED truck at all. Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security is a thing.

And it is also what it says right there on the side of the truck.

Details and such.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Yes, because the government has never once created any of the situations that they have had to respond too.

However in this case it's unlikely more so because they(gov) normally like to stick to the higher body count events.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am not seeing any answers to the most important question:

What flag did he carry?

I need to know which flag to burn next.

Dammit.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Greathouse

Yes, because the government has never once created any of the situations that they have had to respond too.

However in this case it's unlikely more so because they(gov) normally like to stick to the higher body count events.

I'm sure they have. But not every time only people with a ax to grind believe that .
edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I live slightly over an hour north of where all this is going on sad. More ammo for the P.C. gun thieves a real shame, don't know about the cop that got shot if he's a decent guy I wish him well. So apparently more just in 4 marines or marine recruiters may be dead and the shooter seems to have been killed as well.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: More info.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Shooter is reportedly deceased. Five wounded--one cop and four US Marines. At least two shooting locations.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
I live slightly over an hour north of where all this is going on sad. More ammo for the P.C. gun thieves a real shame, don't know about the cop that got shot if he's a decent guy I wish him well.

This is only ammo for the gun ignorant. We know nothing of how his weapon(s) was/were acquired, who he is, why he did this, etc., etc.

Hell, apparently you can just walk up to an agent's car and take their service weapon in San Francisco...maybe in The 'Nooga as well.

My point is that, at this point, everything seems to be speculation concerning the motives and everything else about this criminal.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Shooter is reportedly deceased. Five wounded--one cop and four US Marines. At least two shooting locations.

Jesus...any link to the info? I'm having a hard time finding good updates.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Funny how it's not a FED truck at all. Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security is a thing.

Yeah, funded by the Feds. And if it's funded by the Fed, it's controlled by the Feds.

Details and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join